PDA

View Full Version : ron caney?

bossanovaboy
25-02-2010, 10:04 PM
anyone tried this? i just came back from a week in cuba and bought back 2 bottles, they say its made in the old bacardi factory in santiago de cuba.

It has a sweet tinge to it and tastes similar to bacardi.

crslaytor
25-02-2010, 10:25 PM
my favorite :rolleyes:

bossanovaboy
25-02-2010, 10:35 PM
im a fan of ron caney too from now on lol. Its so cheap and tastes so good. I got a bottle for $5

im going cuba again next month but will go on a road trip and when i get to santiago de cuba i will visit the bacardi factory, i heard theres a huge bacardi bottle monument or something outside the factory.

crslaytor
25-02-2010, 10:42 PM
ahhh sounds so cool!
I was planing to be in Havana for NYE and in the last moment had to cancel the tickets, my friends went and now I am only jealous!!! :frown:
get me in your suitcase :biggrin1:

Cigar-aficionado
26-02-2010, 08:34 AM
The old Bacardi distillery in Santiago is a weird place, right alongside the railway lines but it does have a really good selection of rums for sale there. When we went a few years back I managed to grab a bottle of a mixture called, I think, Los Marinos that was a mix of rum and red wine and it was really good. Sad thing is I haven't seen it anywhere since:mad:

whisky77
26-02-2010, 10:14 AM
anyone tried this? i just came back from a week in cuba and bought back 2 bottles, they say its made in the old bacardi factory in santiago de cuba.

It has a sweet tinge to it and tastes similar to bacardi.

I did try it when I was there, and I agree it does taste slightly sweet. I ended up with a bottle of Havana Club barrell proof.:tongue:

bossanovaboy
26-02-2010, 02:37 PM
i havent drank my bottles yet, i have a 3 year and a 7 year. im saving one of them for the weekend lol.

bryanj9
27-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Can be hard to find but worth the hunt