PDA

View Full Version : Beaujolais

Gordonbcb
16-04-2010, 11:53 PM
I love my red wine ( kinda partial to white as well).

Started of with new world wines from Oz etc but these days I love Olde Worlde stuff. Rioja goes great with a seeegar.

But tonight I had a Beaujolais Villages with my Punch Petit Coronation and it actually tasted pretty good.

Anyone else partial to a cheeky little bowjolly, or is it just me?

:smoke:

monkey66
17-04-2010, 07:21 AM
The boJo has never really done it for me.

Do enjoy Tempranillo with a nice smoke, it is a very good paring.

Deano
17-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Rioja is a favourite of mine. Much prefer Spanish (or more to the point; Italian) over French. I steer away from new world stuff.

daverave999
17-04-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm partial to the lighter reds as I didn't get a taste for it until recently. Not tried it with a cigar yet though. I will certainly do so soon!

EugeneSax
17-04-2010, 09:53 PM
I tend to like a bit more gravitas in my wine, but do like a weightier BJ. Back in the day when I had disposable income & started 'collecting' wines (before I got into cigars) I bought a few bottles of decent cru village stuff, but nowadays find better value from the new world & indeed Spain.

That said, 2 of the most memorable wines I've had in restaurants have been from Morgon, a BJ village noted for offering Burgundian qualities with a few years age so it's well worth looking out for if Pinot is your bag (even though it's still Gamay).