PDA

View Full Version : cigars and champagne

matt day
22-01-2011, 04:43 PM
hey all have somthing to clebarte tonight but dont realy know wich ciagr to put with the champgne. what kind of power and flavour wouls you recomend ?

Turbo
22-01-2011, 05:04 PM
for no decent reason I usually go for a Lonsdale size with the fizzy stuff. Something like a partagas or a ramon allones 898. I think the size suits and isn't too overpowering for the delicate champagne.

matt day
22-01-2011, 07:07 PM
i dindt go for a longsdale but went for a partagas went for a serie d no 4 in the end ans it went brillantly with the champgne in all honesty so thanks:rolleyes:

Pipe Dude
22-01-2011, 09:46 PM
I've read that Cuaba Salomones go well with champagne.

senor_robusto
23-01-2011, 12:03 AM
I've read that Cuaba Salomones go well with champagne.

i love the cuaba salamones, but not sure i agree with pairing it up with champagne!!! i think it's a little to rustic to be paired up with champagne....

i've found that, when having champagne, the tried and tested pairing with churchills works perfectly (especially ryj's, hdms and h upmann sir winston's)!!! cohibas and trinidads go great with the fizzy stuff as well....... make of that what you will (flavour & strength, mild to medium, more grassy/ herby than spicy)!!!

then again, what works for me may not work for you!!! i do think though that partagas, ramone allones etc may be too bold to go with champagne (that's just my opinion)!!!

all the best,

alex:849:

tippexx
24-01-2011, 07:47 AM
I seem to remember that the RyJ Petit Princess is a classic pairing for Champers.

Puff Scotty
24-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Pol Roger 2000 & a aged ERdM Grandes de Espana... no contest :849:

Is there a smiley for a smug bastard!

tippexx
24-01-2011, 02:42 PM
NO!

But there is this one :( for them o' us still huntin' down them ol' Grandes!

:rolleyes: (Smug bar steward)

Puff Scotty
24-01-2011, 03:24 PM
NO!

But there is this one :( for them o' us still huntin' down them ol' Grandes!

:rolleyes: (Smug bar steward)

Wish they'd been mine to hand out!
would have kept most of them though...highly underated on the net!:biggrin1:

JOAO LA PEZ
24-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Call me a Philistine if you wish, but i have always found
champagne to be a lot of fizzy pish, just does not agree with me.

Now a well kept pint of Theakstons bitter, akin to Angel dancing on your tongue.

senor_robusto
24-01-2011, 03:56 PM
as it's well known, sir winston churchill smoked romeo y julieta julieta no.2's (which eventually became known as churchills) and drunk pol rogers champagne!!! i've tried this combo and it does work a treat!!!!

i wouldn't smoke a partagas or bolivar with champagne (whisky or cognac please, lol), they're too strong and would overpower the fizzy stuff!!! like i said, something like a cohiba siglo6, trini fundadores, monte especial or a nice aged churchill!!!

xmas day i had a bottle of veuve clicqout with an h upmann sir winston (2008) and i can tell you, it was heaven!!!:smile::41::rock:

all the best,

alex:849::41::smile: