PDA

View Full Version : Hot chocolate

Agricola
20-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Been having hot chocolate as an alternative to alchoholic beverages, so far I prefer the Cadburys to the Galaxy though both taste fine. Also it went well with the Trinidad Reyes I had last night.

Four heaped teaspoons and then wait for a minute after the water has boiled before pouring and it's a pretty excellent drink to accompany a cigar. Might test it out with a RyJ Coronas tonight.

Puff Scotty
20-03-2011, 11:55 AM
LOL... I love the Cadburys but my mix is 3 large teaspoons of powder, 2 large teaspoons of sugar & made in the micowave with milk,
Goes well with RyJ Palmas Reales .....lush!:smile:

Bigboned
20-03-2011, 12:43 PM
For me it's the nestle aero instant 4 spoons no milk or sugar ( already in the powder so nice an easy) stir a half full mug then top up the water and stir again mmmm perfect for a pre- bed smoke and less calories than the cadbury or galaxy version.... Omg I'm becoming my wife aarrrggh
Andy

Eddie
20-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Hot chocolate goes down well a shot of whisky in it, but I'm not too sure how much of the alcohol evaporates out. So may defeat the purpose of the HC in the first place.

Simon-JG-hr
20-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Mmmm, hot chocolate with whisky... What a combination.

Stopped off at a little shack on a ski run between Wengen and Gridelwald a few years ago. We decided it was time to sit in the sun with a hot chocolate. The woman serving originally couldn't understand our attempts at Schweizerdeutsch, the most pointless language in the world (bar Welsh), so the elderly chap who clearly owned the place wandered over. We got across to him that we wanted three hot chocolates and he toddled off out the back. Quite some time later he came back with a pan of milk (we could have sworn he'd gone off to milk a cow!). Then he took a big lump of dark Swiss chocolate and grated it into the pan as it was warming up. All I will say is that it was the best hot chocolate I have ever had, though the addition of some Macallan only made it better... :smile:

Eddie
20-03-2011, 01:22 PM
It works well with a distinctive whisky. I personally like it with laphroaig.

Another good (non alcoholic) additive is chilly.

PhilipL
20-03-2011, 05:14 PM
I've never been able to fathom hot chocolate which uses water...it just tastes so..well, watery to me! I'm a huge hot chocolate fan, but for me the very best is the Venchi hot chocolate, 3 heaped spoons into a mug of boiling milk.

HabanoSy
20-03-2011, 05:37 PM
All sounds great...

May have to give it a try this evening with cigar of choice... :41:

Cheers, HabanoSy

JOAO LA PEZ
20-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Been doing the hot choc thing for a while now, tried a strong black sweet coffee instead yesterday did not work at all.

ikiestik
27-05-2011, 08:42 PM
I have honestly found the best way to make the Hot Chocolate creamy with minimal milk is add a 1 or 2 teaspoons of cold water to the powder in the mug, mix till it forms a thick paste then pour over the hott/ish water mixing constantly cant beat it imo

bigbarneyhotdog
27-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Women, the lot of ya!

the mothman
30-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Love Hot chocolate with a cigar, got to be hot milk though. Gonna open a tub of Spanish hot chocolate next then some Whittards of Chelsea Hot chocolate, got some 70% cocoa and some with Malt extract, Camomile and Honey flavours.

snooky
03-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Women, the lot of ya!

Barney i'm with you on this one :849:

cohibaIV
03-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Hmmm my missus would like this thread....lol

Joke...

Joke.....!

LJ83
06-07-2011, 07:07 PM
A good hot chocolate can never be a bad thing

Pleevy
15-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Just had a mug of that Spanish Hot Chocolate you speak of Mothman, a Carlsberg of HC if you will.

For the record I do not see Carlsberg as any sort of measure of greatness, merely a reference to their advertising, which is monumentally better than their beer.

daverave999
16-09-2011, 09:54 AM
I love the Suchard that they have in the machines in work, but have been unable to find it to buy to make myself! I imagine HC goes very well with a cigar...

Spartan18
17-09-2011, 03:11 PM
When it comes down to hot chocolate I drink "Van Houten" cocoa....everything else is a substitute. I usually buy a few packs when I go to Greece....Haven't found it in the UK supermarkets.

In my humble opinion Cadburys isn't chocolate, none of their products are, cant believe how they can get away with this in the EU.

Drewmidorn
17-09-2011, 04:19 PM
To echo eddie, I like my hot chocolate with a splash of bourbon.