PDA

View Full Version : Pimms & lemonade......

senor_robusto
04-06-2011, 01:44 PM
hey all,
i remember that recently there was a discussion about how well pimms goes with cigars (i'm pretty sure deano was involved in this)!!! anyhoo, i picked up a 700cl bottle in tescos for 12!!! had it with tescos own lemonade (according to the label, it's made with 'real sicilian lemons'), 2 wedges of orange and a few leaves of mint........ oh, and of course, ice!!!

folks, i think i've just found my drink for the summer!!! lol!!

all the best,

alex

cohibaIV
04-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Love Pimms and cigars on a really hot day

Stevieboy
04-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Pimms is lush!!! Chuck loads of berries and strawberries in the jug too....they taste magic once the jug has been drained...full of alcohol

monkey66
04-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Yup ....long been a fan of Pimms and a cigar :41:

senor_robusto
04-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Pimms is lush!!! Chuck loads of berries and strawberries in the jug too....they taste magic once the jug has been drained...full of alcohol

excellent idea stevie, i reckon you've made a great recipe even better!!! think i'll pick them up tomorrow for an after work tipple......

many thanks,

alex

Deano
05-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Yep I've definitely said it goes together well, love the stuff! As said, berries, cucumber, lime, lemon, mint, perfect.

patrickspark
07-06-2011, 08:08 AM
inspired ! you'll be wearing socks & sandals next !

senor_robusto
09-06-2011, 10:16 PM
inspired ! you'll be wearing socks & sandals next !

okay........ and what's wrong with that?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/_alef_/330413695/

......cheeky git!!! lol!!!

alex

patrickspark
13-06-2011, 08:05 AM
okay........ and what's wrong with that?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/_alef_/330413695/

......cheeky git!!! lol!!!

alex

Its in the new (to us down south) pimms tv ad campaign !

and if thats you in the photo, i must say you're a fine figure of a man !

senor_robusto
14-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Its in the new (to us down south) pimms tv ad campaign !

and if thats you in the photo, i must say you're a fine figure of a man !

you mean this advert?
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rI-xbxhPP1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

.......and sadly no, that's not me in the photo....... i'm not as buffed and tanned!!! lol

cheers patrick,

alex

patrickspark
15-06-2011, 12:06 PM
YAY !

I'll have to let her indoors see this thread - suddenly, i'm "on-trend" !!

senor_robusto
15-06-2011, 01:38 PM
lol........ but remember, it must be white cotton sport socks and brown leather moses sandals!!! i done this as a joke with my missus last year, we were staying with her folks, who live near the sea on the antrim coast!!! she was already over at the beach with our son...... and i appeared over with the socks and sandals, string vest and 'safari' shorts (pulled, or 'hoiked' right up past my belly button!!! god you should've saw her face!!! if that wasn't bad enough, i was also wearing a harp lager bassball cap with a built in radio (going full blast) and can holder (i borrowed off her dad) loaded up with a can off steiger lager or something equally as bad!!! she walked off when i started calling her 'mum'............

oh the joy!!!!

alex

senor_robusto
15-06-2011, 01:40 PM
.........BTW, it's a well known fact round where i live that only sex offenders wear white sport socks and white trainers!!! beware of the colour of your socks ol' boy....... them paired up with open toed brown leather sandals could get you in a whole lot of trouble!!! lol.....

alex

patrickspark
16-06-2011, 10:51 AM
lol........ but remember, it must be white cotton sport socks and brown leather moses sandals!!! i done this as a joke with my missus last year, we were staying with her folks, who live near the sea on the antrim coast!!! she was already over at the beach with our son...... and i appeared over with the socks and sandals, string vest and 'safari' shorts (pulled, or 'hoiked' right up past my belly button!!! god you should've saw her face!!! if that wasn't bad enough, i was also wearing a harp lager bassball cap with a built in radio (going full blast) and can holder (i borrowed off her dad) loaded up with a can off steiger lager or something equally as bad!!! she walked off when i started calling her 'mum'............

oh the joy!!!!

alex

i dont get it - this seems perfectly normal attire and accessories for a day on the beach (you're wondering if i'm for real now, are'nt ye)

patrickspark
16-06-2011, 10:51 AM
.........BTW, it's a well known fact round where i live that only sex offenders wear white sport socks and white trainers!!! beware of the colour of your socks ol' boy....... them paired up with open toed brown leather sandals could get you in a whole lot of trouble!!! lol.....

alex

I'll take the 5th on that one.............

beebon
26-07-2011, 05:52 PM

oh the joy!!!!

alex

Hahahaha! That is excellent!!! :smile:

Back on subject though, I had a couple of glasses of Pimms at my cousin's wedding a few weeks back, it contained plenty of fruit and a bit of cucumber. I have to admit that I wouldn't be overly fussed if I never drank it again. Give me a G&T any day!!!

Bigboned
26-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Women.. The lot of ya!

Deano
26-07-2011, 06:53 PM
I do love a G&T but I love Pimms as well. Both go well with a cigar.

Not a fond lover of cigars and coffee, nor with white wine...champagne, cognac, etc go great though!

Simon-JG-hr
26-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Pimms, G&T... both excellent. Another excellent option which I'm sure would go down very well with the Pimms lovers is a nice glass of sloe gin and lemonade. Especially good as an evening alternative to the Pimms I find. :)

beebon
26-07-2011, 07:46 PM
I do not believe that I have tried any sloe gin before, I must do something about that and soon!

Gryph
26-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Lurked for so long, but could not hold back on this thread!

Pimms n lemonade needs 2 measures of vodka and one measure of gin to be added for the ultimate taste.

Also, Sloe Gin... Fantastic. Like that? Try Sloe Vodka, even better. Both easily home made if you can get your sloes, and so much better than shop bought.

Simon-JG-hr
26-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Don't know why, can't stand vodka or (almost) anything with it in... :der: :biggrin1:

Deano
27-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Yeh I don't like vodka either. Made my own sloe gin last year, it's very very good if I say so myself.

I see some people put Jagger in their Pimms, I suppose as an alternative to bitters.

senor_robusto
27-07-2011, 09:59 AM
i wouldn't be a vodka man either...... however, i have been taken by grey goose vodka!! it's nothing like smirnoff etc, there's something clean tasting and pure about it!!! taken in a tall glass with lime and coke, it's quite lovely!!!

alex

Jacobwaits
27-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Got sick on screwdrivers a few years back and now cant stand Vodka. (or orange juice).

So really think i should have a go at this Pimms lark now, you have all quenched my thirst.

cohibaIV
27-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Love Pimms when the sun is beating down...

Also love vodka and red bull...!!! I know I'm a hooligan

Jacobwaits
27-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Love Pimms when the sun is beating down...

Also love vodka and red bull...!!! I know I'm a hooligan

I bet you wear a hoodie and skinny jeans too?

cohibaIV
27-07-2011, 01:28 PM

You have seen me out and about then...

Stevieboy
27-07-2011, 01:39 PM

Lol...no way could he fit his paunch in skinny jeans :)

Stevieboy
27-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Have to agree with the Pimms love-fest going on....lovely drink. Might fire up a wee jug just now...sun's beating down here in Perth :thumb:

CIV - have you tried tequila and Red Bull...lovely, sweet & sour drink. Never paired it with a stick yet so don't how it'd taste!?!?

Puff Scotty
27-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Got to go with Alex on the Grey Goose, make a nice VT with ice & a lime quarter, excellent summer drink,
looks good with socks & sandals too!:cool: