PDA

View Full Version : Cigar raffle!

Deano
09-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Ok....Montesmoke come up with a good idea - all of us putting a cigar into the raffle, and then I'll draw a winner who'll get all the cigars.

You only need to put one cigar in, a half decent Cuban please. Feel free to give more if u like!

I'll now make the draw by VIDEO and stick it onto youtube, thats much easier!

I won't be in the draw for obvious reasons, but I'll put a couple of cigars in :D

Anyone who wants to contribute needs to mail me a cigar - PM for my address if you don't already have it.

Current cigars in:
Romeo y Julieta No. 2 (Dean)
Montecristo No. 3 (Dean)
Partagas Super Corona (Dean)
For a laugh: 2 x fake, but good, Cohiba Robustos (Dean)

Montecristo No. 2 (CohibaIV)
Dominican cohiba torpedo (CohibaIV)

2 x Montecristo No. 2 (rokketsci)

Fonseca Delicias petit corona (montesmoke)
Habanos Cuban seed Torpedo (NC) (montesmoke)
Alec Bradley Corojo Robusto (NC) (montesmoke)

3 x Partagas Cronas Senior (SmokinCohibas)

THAT'S 15 CIGARS SO FAR :D

We're getting so many from each person I might split it into two draws...anyone mind?

smokiejoe
09-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Hey that could be a good idea,could have one once a month,or once every 2 months.count me in.:D

cohibaIV
09-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Me too!
PM your address please Dean?

Deano
09-08-2008, 10:44 AM
PM'ing my address to you both - let me know in reply what cigar you'll put in.

cohibaIV
09-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Cheers mate,
Are we putting dates to this?
IE, start date for the future raffles and draw date?

Deano
09-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I reckon give it a few weeks - maybe September 1st?

Montesmoke
09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
yea start it on the 1st sept, will send dean a couple of stix for the raffle next week now.
be intresting to see what the cigar pot will hold:)

smokiejoe
09-08-2008, 05:51 PM
I wil throw in a couple.it will be a jose piedra and an uppman tubo.

rokkitsci
11-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Ok....Montesmoke come up with a good idea - all of us putting a cigar into the raffle, and then I'll draw a winner who'll get all the cigars.

You only need to put one cigar in, a half decent Cuban please. Feel free to give more if u like!

I'll make the draw via a javascript application - and the code will be viewable by all so ya know it's all legit.

I won't be in the draw for obvious reasons, but I'll put a couple of cigars in :D

Anyone who wants to contribute needs to mail me a cigar - PM for my address if you don't already have it.

Current cigars in:
1 surprise COHIBA (Dean)
Romeo y Julieta No. 2 (Dean)
Montecristo No. 3 (Dean)
Partagas Super Corona (Dean)
For a laugh: 2 fake, but good, Cohiba Robustos (Dean)

Montecristo No. 2 (CohibaIV)
Dominican cohiba torpedo (CohibaIV)

I have a couple of ISOM Montecristo No. 2 Torpedos that I umm... err... FOUND!, yes, that's it - found, that I could contribute. I am, however, across the water, so I don't know if I'm eligible to participate.

Deano
11-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Yeh you are, no problem :)

cohibaIV
12-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Whats the pot like Deano????

Deano
12-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Well I've got no cigars from anyone yet, so we'll have to see!

Major_Tom
12-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Well I must say that as a one-a-week man (begrudingly on behalf of the "Other Half") if you get half the cigars you are looking at at the moment I would be sorted for several months.

As such I'm tempted to enter, but my offering would be slightly half-arsed (single Chinchilero Picadillo, I dont have a lot else!).

I'm in India when it's drawn anyway, if nobody hears from me until October it's because I'm touring the Raj. (leaving next wed)

Montesmoke
12-08-2008, 09:19 PM
well hope the trip goes well tom.:)

hemclas
13-08-2008, 02:00 AM
I'll play, please PM your address.

:p

cohibaIV
13-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Well I've got no cigars from anyone yet, so we'll have to see!

Not had chance, sorry..:o

Will post on Monday...;)

cohibaIV
13-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Well I must say that as a one-a-week man (begrudingly on behalf of the "Other Half") if you get half the cigars you are looking at at the moment I would be sorted for several months.

As such I'm tempted to enter, but my offering would be slightly half-arsed (single Chinchilero Picadillo, I dont have a lot else!).

I'm in India when it's drawn anyway, if nobody hears from me until October it's because I'm touring the Raj. (leaving next wed)

Lucky bugger...:cool:

Look forward to seeing some smoking picture in the forum on your return...:D

Montesmoke
13-08-2008, 10:24 PM
wonder if they have any half desent cigars over there, have a look when your over there tom;)

cohiba-cohiba
16-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Count me in guys, will any bottles be accepted of rum etc as my cohiba's are not up for the raffle (im a tight scottish fella remember) If anyone needs my address pm me COUNT ME IN (Deano if you make me the winner mate will sort ya out with a freebie LOL)

Oh did I just give away the secret, no seriously excellent idea and defo in on this one.

Deano
20-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Bump, see first post.

Montesmoke
20-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Regarding 2 draws in cigar raffle

It depends on the total amount of cigars we have, list the total amount of cigars in raffle say mid next week 27th-28th to see how many are in the pot by then.
Then we can decide.;)

SmokinCohibas
20-08-2008, 07:51 PM
I'll be sending 2-3 cigars next week.
Probably post them on tuesday.

Montesmoke
20-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Thats the spirit S.C. well done mate;)

cohibaIV
28-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Whats the latest Cigar count Deano?

Not long to the draw now...

Deano
28-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Mate its in the first post I made, I've updated it everytime I've got an entry (so to speak)

cohibaIV
28-08-2008, 02:28 PM
okey dokey....

Deano
01-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Ok we've had a few entries, does anyone else want to make an entry (oh er) before we make the draw.
And who votes to split it into two?

cohibaIV
01-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Splitting into two draws sounds good to me...

Deano
01-09-2008, 07:55 PM
SO WE HAVE OUR WINNERS. TWO PEOPLE OUT OF FOUR.... HERE IS THE VIDEO, I'LL SEND TOMORROW! (Winners at bottom if you don't want to watch)

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVh2_0Bn10c"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVh2_0Bn10c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Thanks for the effort everyone! :)

If you can't be assed to watch: SmokinCohibas and Rokketsci won

cohibaIV
01-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Con Grats lads...
Looking forward to the next raffle....
Hope more join in next time...

O Yeh!
Thanks Dean, your a star for putting yourself out...

Deano
01-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks for your contribution mate, I'm sure they'll very much enjoy your cigars :)

rokkitsci
02-09-2008, 11:36 AM
SO WE HAVE OUR WINNERS. TWO PEOPLE OUT OF FOUR.... HERE IS THE VIDEO, I'LL SEND TOMORROW! (Winners at bottom if you don't want to watch)

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVh2_0Bn10c"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVh2_0Bn10c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Thanks for the effort everyone! :)

If you can't be assed to watch: SmokinCohibas and Rokketsci won

WOO HOO! (That's American for 'Gor Blimey!')

Actual Cuban... errr -- I mean, ISOM -- cigars!

Now I get to find out what a GOOD cigar tastes like!

I'm as excited as a little girl!

Montesmoke
02-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Well done to the winners & deano, maybe we should do a raffle every 2 months;) & hopefully more participants next time make it more exciting!
Monte.

Deano
02-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Can you two please PM me your addresses :D

cohibaIV
02-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey Deano...Ever thought of hand modelling?????
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Deano
02-09-2008, 08:02 PM
lol I do enough with it these days...

Robusto
02-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Deano. Excuse me, but what a vid!
In short, what fucking spectacular cinematography! :D :D

I didn't have any cigars to send - just a bloody stogie wasteland down here - so next time can I take part if I send in some cash? By PenPal or cheque? I'd be able to page Silver Suitcase, make a modest order, and bump a couple over to you somehow in the process.

Could you get a "dolly bird" ;) to pull them out for us next time?

smokiejoe
02-09-2008, 09:34 PM
well done you chaps.sorry i didnt put my share in but will have a go next time,been so busy back here with one thing and anouther,sorry.....

rokkitsci
03-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Can you two please PM me your addresses :D

ROCKET SKI?!

Finally got to watch your vid, Deano, and must admit it was entertaining.

However...

I know you blokes talk funny. My user name here is "rokkitsci," which I thought was an obvious take on "rocket scientist," but you apparently think I'm a rocket skier! Let me assure you that during my 25 years at the Kennedy Space Center launching Space Shuttles, I have never once -- NOT ONCE! -- rocket skied.

rokkitsci
03-09-2008, 12:01 PM
ROCKET SKI?!

Finally got to watch your vid, Deano, and must admit it was entertaining.

However...

I know you blokes talk funny. My user name here is "rokkitsci," which I thought was an obvious take on "rocket scientist," but you apparently think I'm a rocket skier! Let me assure you that during my 25 years at the Kennedy Space Center launching Space Shuttles, I have never once -- NOT ONCE! -- rocket skied.

What's this crap about "Bloody hell, now I've got to send these things to America?"

I sent my contribution across the pond.

What if Franklin had wired Winnie: "Sorry, old chap, but it's just so bloody far, I'll just fire up a Cuban and watch it on the telly."

Deano
03-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Frankie and the rest of you did do that, for sometime!

Hehe I was just joking obviously...

Deano
03-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Oh and I know its rokket SCI, but slipped up a couple of times lol

Robusto
03-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Yo Rokk!

As a kid, I watched the Apollo 11 landing and moonwalks and so on in black and white. The guys on the crackling TV channels lit up monster cigars at every success. Like buds, or mates.

As it should be.

I'm imagining you live in a very different era over there where a man can't celebrate a Shuttle 'hello' and co-smoke. I bet you have to leave your special space pad and drive for miles through the Everglades (??whatever??) to a special lepers' sin-booth and be forced to feel guilty about having some fun.

But seriously...

Do you have a cigar bar culture out there?
Or do you have exotic garden shed cabins like some tea drinkers in the old country?

Deano
04-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Sending these out tomorrow guys, sorry for delay been working from home.

rokkitsci
14-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Yo Rokk!

But seriously...

Do you have a cigar bar culture out there?
Or do you have exotic garden shed cabins like some tea drinkers in the old country?

Sorry for the delay in responding, Monte. Somehow managed to miss this post.

The answer to your question is a definite yes. In fact, I was just at my favorite cigar pub last night watching (American) football (college) last night (Saturday, 13 Sept.).

rokkitsci
14-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Sending these out tomorrow guys, sorry for delay been working from home.

Well, I must admit I was as happy as a little girl yesterday (Saturday, 13 Sept.) when I got my package from Deano containing "Humidor Accessories."

Pretty clever. Technically, one could call cigars "humidor accessories," so Deano didn't exactly lie about the contents, did he?

Anyhow, I was delighted to finally get a sampling of the ISOM cigars you privileged folks smoke and can't wait for them to settle in my humi so I can give them a try.

Must note; however, that you Limeys either have very small mouths, are pressed for leisure time, or have extremely small willies (a small cigar would make your plonkers seem larger) since the selection in my windfall consisted almost entirely of short, small cigars.

I mean... a MAN'S smoke should be no smaller that 6 x 50 (bigger is better), but my prizes averaged around 5 x 40.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Just found it curious.

A tenny rate, I thank everyone who participated by contributing cigars and Deano for conducting the contest and sending my winnings all the way across the pond.

cohibaIV
22-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Time for a new Raffle???

Any thoughts???:smoke: