PDA

View Full Version : Longest Cigar Ash....

Stogiedog
13-05-2009, 06:11 PM
I though we might have a little for fun photo competition. No prizes though.

The longest unbroken Cigar Ash.

Two catergories:

1. Non cubans (NC).

2. Cubans.

My first attempt.

NC Stub. Approx length 3 1/4s inch long. Sitting in Ol Blue Boy!!!
http://www.ukcigarforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=815&stc=1&d=1242238152

Stevieboy
13-05-2009, 06:13 PM
I accept your Chalenj and will post at the weekend!

matt257
13-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Oh yea! This is somthing I can enjoy. I am always having long ash competitions with myself. I generally just end up with ash all over my keyboard :lol:

matt257
13-05-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm not entering the competition, but I like this pic I did alittle while back

Stogiedog
13-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Matt, got to say that Robusto is our resident Cigar slut, but he is always open to a challenge.:biggrin1: Blimey mate good one, how the hell did you mangage that tooth pick in the middle LOL.

matt257
13-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Matt, got to say that Robusto is our resident Cigar slut, but he is always open to a challenge.:biggrin1: Blimey mate good one, how the hell did you mangage that tooth pick in the middle LOL.

:lol: No toothpick. NUbs just have a rock hard ash (Wow, did I just say rock hard ash?? :lol: )

Stogiedog
13-05-2009, 06:33 PM
I've got a NUB sitting in the humi simmering away for a while will look forward to getting to grips with it in the future.:biggrin1:

matt257
13-05-2009, 06:35 PM
I've got a NUB sitting in the humi simmering away for a while will look forward to getting to grips with it in the future.:biggrin1:

I like NUbs alot, which blend do you have?

Stogiedog
13-05-2009, 06:37 PM
NUB Habano, there all new to me these NCs. You buy from the states then or UK?

matt257
13-05-2009, 06:39 PM
NUB Habano, there all new to me these NCs. You buy from the states then or UK?

States, I try to avoid buying NC's from the UK as much as possible. I can get a box from the US for the same price I can get about 6 sticks over here :lol:

The Habano is good. The fullest in the range, but still only med-full

Mr Moore
13-05-2009, 11:40 PM
shit, I can't believe that cigar did not collapse, lol.
Nice one Matt, I was going to take up the ash challange, but thats too good to beat.!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramon
13-05-2009, 11:55 PM
When Churchill was going in to a meeting and wanted to unnerve people at it, he used to straighten out a paper clip and insert it the length of his cigar. As the ash got longer and longer, all anybody could do was stare at it and wonder when it was going to fall off :smile:

daverave999
14-05-2009, 12:14 AM
When Churchill was going in to a meeting and wanted to unnerve people at it, he used to straighten out a paper clip and insert it the length of his cigar. As the ash got longer and longer, all anybody could do was stare at it and wonder when it was going to fall off :smile:
Well there's an idea for Friday night in the pub...

Mr Moore
14-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Would that really hold the ash then, I would of thought the ash would still fall off and just leave the wire..

whisky77
14-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Can`t enter the competition myself at the moment unfortunately, but i reckon that anyone with a MC Subime will be able to make a good go of beating anything else.

Those cigars have a fanstic construction, and the ash just does not want to break off. :41:

Come on the Sublime!!!

nicwing
14-05-2009, 05:22 PM

Bugger, I have my paper clip straightened out, I was just waiting for a quiet afternoon to go to work on this challenge. I should have known someone else here would have heard this story....:(:(

Stogiedog
14-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Nic, do not let that deter you my friend lets see if that story is true? and does it actually work, It would be interesting to see photos and results Nic.:rock:

nicwing
14-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Ha ha
Actually, I have a cunning plan, I am working on it even as we speak.

It's so cunning Mr and Mrs Cunning of Cunning Parva have made it their cunning plan of the year!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5kCTazFFt0M/RpRIZ593jVI/AAAAAAAAArA/Tf7AUfA3V8o/s320/Baldrick_series_3.jpg

Mr Moore
16-05-2009, 03:01 AM
Ha ha
Actually, I have a cunning plan, I am working on it even as we speak.

It's so cunning Mr and Mrs Cunning of Cunning Parva have made it their cunning plan of the year!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5kCTazFFt0M/RpRIZ593jVI/AAAAAAAAArA/Tf7AUfA3V8o/s320/Baldrick_series_3.jpg
lol

RhiannonBW
28-05-2009, 07:44 AM
In order to win the Birmingham Cigar Club Janet Powell Shield, you have to be able to hold your ash the longest. The first time I won with about 22 minutes worth of ash, the second attempt was over 50 minutes. I am defending my title again in July! All cigars are taken from the same box so there is no pre-competition tampering, and all cigars must make smoke and be held horizontal throughout the competition.

Rhiannon

whisky77
28-05-2009, 07:52 AM
In order to win the Birmingham Cigar Club Janet Powell Shield, you have to be able to hold your ash the longest. The first time I won with about 22 minutes worth of ash, the second attempt was over 50 minutes. I am defending my title again in July! All cigars are taken from the same box so there is no pre-competition tampering, and all cigars must make smoke and be held horizontal throughout the competition.

Rhiannon

Sounds like one hell of a competition Rhiannon.There are a few lads on here who should get there name in for that.