PDA

View Full Version : Members

oskihen
08-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Out of interest how many members are there altogether and how many of you have met in person and know each other out of the forum

PeeJay
08-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Select FORUM from the top menu mate and scroll down to the bottom of the page for the forum stats

oskihen
08-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Been looking but I generally use my phone on tapatalk I'll have to look on the laptop

oskihen
08-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Found it please elaborate difference between members 45 and guests 239

TJCoro
08-11-2014, 06:10 PM

I WISH, chico. Sadly, there are over 3K members currently. http://www.myemoticons.com/images/entertainment/dance/tribal-dance.gif

:catsmoker: Perro, el Perro

oskihen
08-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Yep I see it now on the forum page wow that's a few but Ionly 200 active

PeeJay
08-11-2014, 07:15 PM

I think you've probably figured it out by now, it means 45 members online who can view everything and 239 browsers who can't see the sales and trades sections and I think the member profiles.

TJCoro
08-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Yep I see it now on the forum page wow that's a few but Ionly 200 active

Hmmm! That many, eh? Seems like only a few do most of the the tweeting....errrr, I mean, posting these dayz. Any guesses who they might be...

http://www.myemoticons.com/images/humor/bathroom/peeing-in-the-snow.gifhttp://www.myemoticons.com/images/humor/nose-pickers/pick-your-nose-4.gifhttp://www.myemoticons.com/images/people/babies/kid-with-toy-car.gif:willy:

:catsmoker: Perro, el Perro

oskihen
08-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Do seem to get the same few folks on here

handlebarpipe
08-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Out of interest how many members are there altogether and how many of you have met in person and know each other out of the forum
Never met any other members of this forum but that is my fault. Hopefully will meet up with some in the near future.
Best wishes, Marc

PeeJay
08-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Do seem to get the same few folks on here

Think of it as an exclusive little club :grouphug:

PeeJay
08-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Hmmm! That many, eh? Seems like only a few do most of the the tweeting....errrr, I mean, posting these dayz. Any guesses who they might be...

I don't know what you mean amigo 20509

PeeJay
08-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Never met any other members of this forum but that is my fault. Hopefully will meet up with some in the near future.
Best wishes, Marc

You could start by adding your location to your profile Marc and give us a clue 20510

TJCoro
08-11-2014, 07:32 PM
I don't know what you mean amigo 20509

Haha! No doubt, amigo!http://www.myemoticons.com/images/humor/bathroom/toilet-reading.gif

BTW, you're emoticon work is coming along nicely! You'll be driving folks up the walls in no time! http://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/annoying/toungue-out.gif

http://www.myemoticons.com/images/emotions/angry/perturbed.gif

:lol: Jay, Ray Jay

PeeJay
08-11-2014, 07:35 PM
I have a good teacher!

oskihen
08-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Nice I like that would be good to all of us meet up sometime for a night out/ herf

PeeJay
08-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Nice I like that would be good to all of us meet up sometime for a night out/ herf

You're only in the next county neighbour

oskihen
08-11-2014, 08:39 PM
You're only in the next county neighbour
Yep and it would be great to have an evening over some nice alcohol ,cigars and conversation, nothing better

PeeJay
08-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Yep and it would be great to have an evening over some nice alcohol ,cigars and conversation, nothing better

We'll talk again after my holiday mate 20511

MarkLondon
08-11-2014, 08:55 PM

Couldn't agree more. (not that I was involved in the convo)

MarkLondon
08-11-2014, 08:58 PM
That!...Is when I truly enjoy a cigar...In company.

oskihen
08-11-2014, 09:15 PM
More the merrier mate you don't know someone till you've chewed the fat and got pissed together

butternutsquashpie
08-11-2014, 09:24 PM
That!...Is when I truly enjoy a cigar...In company.

Mark!! you still owe me a review on that Hoyo LE '11!!

Simon Bolivar
08-11-2014, 09:39 PM
I would think there's 20 daily posters & another 20 who post wkly/fortnightly then maybe a dozen post less than that. The rest just look & offer nothing. Why they would spend hrs doing that I can't imagine but you can't make people be more sociable, we can just be open & friendly when they do. It always surprises me when you a get a promising note of introduction & then they never post again. Guess there's some who have many interests & cigars are a very small part of their lives. I mean, you know; they have a life!:biggrin1:

MarkLondon
08-11-2014, 09:50 PM

Jeremy, that cigar takes pride of place in my humble humi still. Ok, next time I go to Johns I will smoke it and post a review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

butternutsquashpie
08-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Don't forget the lurkers, gents... :biggrin1:

MarkLondon
08-11-2014, 09:53 PM
More the merrier mate you don't know someone till you've chewed the fat and got pissed together

I do have a few rums or whiskys with a smoke, but I'm not a big drinker mate. I'm a regular round Johns and he doesn't drink but always kindly plies me with nice rum and coffee!

MarkLondon
08-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Funnily enough I went quiet in here for quite a while but feel it pulling me back. I don't have as much to offer as you chaps.

Trickle
09-11-2014, 09:37 AM
I don't have as much to offer as you chaps.

Neither does Butters but he still sticks his oar in!! [emoji38]

Sean
09-11-2014, 09:57 AM
I think a cigar in company is great and when i move down that will hopefully happen more frequent

tippexx
09-11-2014, 10:10 AM
It always surprises me when you a get a promising note of introduction & then they never post again. Guess there's some who have many interests & cigars are a very small part of their lives. I mean, you know; they have a life!:biggrin1:

Or perhaps they sign up to discuss cigars and then discover that 99% of postings have little to do with cigars whatsoever. A bit like belonging to a football team which only trains and plays in the pub. :smile:

PeeJay
09-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Or perhaps they sign up to discuss cigars and then discover that 99% of postings have little to do with cigars whatsoever. A bit like belonging to a football team which only trains and plays in the pub. :smile:

We do talk about cigars sometimes Arf :849:

Sgt_Banter
09-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Guess there's some who have many interests & cigars are a very small part of their lives. I mean, you know; they have a life!:biggrin1:

It's a bit like that for me. I have lots of things I like doing but I don't seem to have the time to fit them in. So far, watching sport, brewing beer, watching TV & gaming have all taken a hit in recent years and no doubt this will only get worse. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day

Sgt_Banter
09-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Funnily enough I went quiet in here for quite a while but feel it pulling me back. I don't have as much to offer as you chaps.

That's exactly the same for me mate

Scott
09-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Hi, as a new comer to the forum the first thing I noticed was the fact that lots of members call each other by there first names and swap cigars or appear to post gifts to each other. This may make new members feel like the forum seem a little clicky? Also using terminology like " MdO4 LGC MdO2's" new comers do not know what any of these smokes are, so they could not possibly comment? But if they go onto a tobacconist website to try and decipher exactly what there smokes are, then they see the price tag on all these cigars and think "there is know way I can afford to buy £300 £400 £500 cigars"! Then I think it scares a lot of newcomers off. I may be wrong but it's just my opinion and trying to participate in the forum.

Budgie Smuggler
09-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Hi Mr L, I understand where you're coming from with the abbreviations, it took me a while to understand the most common ones and after a few months there are still some that I have to work at to understand.

One thing I will say is that this has been the only forum I've been a member of where there is an absence of cliques, some forums are terrible but I've always been made to feel welcome here.

I think the issue with some new members is that they want to trade, have PM's immediately but rather than put the work in and participate they fall away which is a shame as they could learn a lot if they just stuck around and got to know everyone a little better.

cj121
09-11-2014, 11:15 AM
Thanks for chipping in Mr L:thumb:

Just a quickie: If you google many of the abbreviations (plus cigar) you'll get them up and then get more familiar. Like many interests or hobbies the scene is littered with abbreviations and one's understanding will improve. :smile:

In terms of prices, there's no escaping that it is a 'luxury' item pursuit and of course whether one opts to buy a single, couple or a box is always going to be determined by preference and of course budget/disposable income.

PeeJay
09-11-2014, 11:30 AM
I think the name thing is only natural as you get to know people, how many of your friends call you Mr Lovejoy for example? I agree with you on the abbreviations thing wholeheartedly and have said many times there should be a sticky with a list of them. And when I started I didn't even know what a sticky was!
The best thing about this forum is that it is just mainly a group of blokes with a common love chatting about that and anything else. I have been on forums for my motorbike and my car and once I had learned all I needed to know I just lost interest. I've now been on here for 13 months and love it here. I don't know as much as our old hands but it still doesn't stop me chipping in now and again.

MrMaduro
09-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Hi, as a new comer to the forum the first thing I noticed was the fact that lots of members call each other by there first names and swap cigars or appear to post gifts to each other. This may make new members feel like the forum seem a little clicky? Also using terminology like " MdO4 LGC MdO2's" new comers do not know what any of these smokes are, so they could not possibly comment? But if they go onto a tobacconist website to try and decipher exactly what there smokes are, then they see the price tag on all these cigars and think "there is know way I can afford to buy £300 £400 £500 cigars"! Then I think it scares a lot of newcomers off. I may be wrong but it's just my opinion and trying to participate in the forum.

Greetings Mr Lovegood, I'm a recent member of the forum having joined at the beginning of September. I can only say in my short experience of this community that I have been made to feel most welcome by every single member, both long and short standing. It is only natural that over time in such a community, friendships will form as they do in any other aspects of life, so members being on first name terms with each other is nothing out of the ordinary. One of the forums greatest attributes is the closeness of its members and the utmost respect shown between each and every one including new members like you and I and is one of the main reasons I have joined and stayed around. Anyone who wants to get involved with any of the discussions is actively encouraged to do so and no-one seems to be judged on their contributions. I was just the other day the recipient of my first 'bomb' from a very generous member of the forum which came completely out of the blue and given my relatively short time as a member I think is the perfect example this is not an 'exclusive clique'. The only advice for any new members I can give is just to get stuck in. Share your experiences, ask questions if you get stuck, browse the forum for ideas and inspirations. In a very short time, the 'newbee' feeling will disappear and you will become an active and appreciated member of the forum. I feel your reference to the price of cigars is irrelevant in my opinion. This forum is for people who appreciate them and like to share their experiences of them. If the price of cigars is putting people off, then their only options are to either buy them abroad of maybe choose a different hobby... It's certainly not for everyone. It's no different to me joining a Ferrari owners club then realising after a few weeks that I cannot afford a Ferrari. Also please don't be under the illusion that if anyone just hangs around here long enough, you will be opened up to a world of cheap smokes or be bombarded with 'free gifts'. The interaction between members here is mutual and very much a sharing culture. One of which I am proud to be part of. Basically what I am saying is, it's a great bunch of people and anyone who wants to join and get involved will be made most welcome. :smile:

Tucky
09-11-2014, 11:54 AM
Morning guys
Wasn't there talk of a Christmas HERF? It was definitely mentioned after the dunhill night...I'm still up for it.

PeeJay
09-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Morning guys
Wasn't there talk of a Christmas HERF? It was definitely mentioned after the dunhill night...I'm still up for it.

How about between Christmas and New Year? 20522

Tucky
09-11-2014, 12:17 PM
That may work for me however how will it effect either hotel costs or transport arrangements....

Simon G
09-11-2014, 12:20 PM

Out of the forum I know and am good friends with wolfie, and TonyN
On here, I'm friends with everybody :)

PeeJay
09-11-2014, 12:29 PM
That may work for me however how will it effect either hotel costs or transport arrangements....

Transport continues as usual after Boxing Day

Simon Bolivar
09-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Certainly doesn't PJ! I think the reason there are many things discussed on here besides actual cigar smoking, is as a recent thread showed, most of us smoke far less than one day. If we literally just posted about our smokes it would be such a limited number of posts, people would give up logging in & move on to a larger forum where there is more traffic. I am on a FB page where some guys smoke DC''s & RE/EL daily, sometimes several. They post their pic & have a couple of one liners but it's a lot loser group than this & I think we do have more in depth notes & chat on here; when we have something to report. The rest of the banter is the social glue that binds us toegther - even Butters- WBTW does give us the air of an international club & throws in some mighty interesting stuff, it's just not always written so ordinary mortals can understand what the heck his pearls of wisdom mean:rolleyes:

PeeJay
09-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Certainly doesn't PJ!

It does in the Metropolis Simon 20526

Tucky
09-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Well I can get my pass signed for 28th 29th or 30th of December.....Does this work for anyone else....

TJCoro
09-11-2014, 02:54 PM

in my view if i am honest...Haha! Only kidding, amigos! TBH, this is one of the best topics introduced around these parts in a long while. Well done, senor [insert name here], well done indeed!

Well, if that were true most of you would not be around. Now, if memory serves, it was way back in '09 when the late, great don :bandit: TJ first introduced a set of new rules, most of which were criticized, ignored and never implemented. One suggested rule was to close the doors immediately and limit membership to a "exclusive" group. Fortunately (or not), the doors remained open and now we have over 3,000 (ugh!) members! :afraid:

SO PLEASE...DON'T think of this place as exclusive club where members stand around with their fine brandies and puros and call each other by their secret names (hurumph-hurumph!).

JN99jshaQbY

Right! And you still owe us a photo ID! :secruity:

Neither does Butters but he still sticks his oar in!! [emoji38]

Haha! Now THAT's funny!!! But according to the birds who met him, young butteredballs only WISHES he could stick his "oar" in, as the kids call it.

Or perhaps they sign up to discuss cigars and then discover that 99% of postings have little to do with cigars whatsoever... :smile:

Hurumph! If this weren't the case, the Coros would have little or nothing to say...apparently a good thing according to many former and current members. :damnmate:

But honestly, the diversity in topics is what gives this place it's personality - it's charm, if you will.

If I may, let me digress with a little story from the past (since you are about to be subjected to a bunch of Coro Crap, all normals may skip ahead to the next quote). Now, if memory serves, it was few years ago when :lol: Ray Jay decided to venture out and join another, bigger so-called "cigar forum" because he believed the "winds of change" were blowin' through the UKCF and it was time to look for greener pastures. So he joined this Most- Respected forum and after a familia Coro introduction, his second post was in response to one of the more upstanding members. Well, as some of you can imagine, the Coro brand of posting did not go over very well at this "fine" place and Ray Jay's post was considered to be "unacceptable" by a mod who deleted it. So after two bloody posts on this "most respectable" and well establish forum, Ray Jay returned to the loving arms of the UKCF never to seek greener pastures again.

The moral of the story? Well, it could be "seek and ye shall NOT find," or "sometimes the things we are searching for are right under our nose." But I prefer to think that the UKCF is a fine balance of serious puro/cigar discussions and not-so-serious banter! Remember Dorthy....:doh: errr, I mean, Ray Jay, "there's no place like home!"

Now, I'm sure many of you are asking yourselves "what's the name of that forum and why can't the UKCF be more like that?" Well forget it! I aint' sayin'. But the fact that we don't concentrate of puros and cigars alone and often the topics drift into nonsensical babble, this is what makes this place fun and attractive to those who join. Quite honestly, while I dip my toe in to those other, more serious forums (harrumphs!) from time to time, I spend the majority of my interwebs time at this fine place.

Hi, as a new comer to the forum the first thing I noticed was the fact that lots of members call each other by there first names
Hear-Hear, senor :willy: lovegod. As mentioned before, this behavior is viewed by some, including the Coros, as a bit snobbish and how-you-say....cliquish. As ol' don :bandit: TJ proposed in the New Rules he tendered back in '09, calling each other by the names your mums gave ya' should be outlawed. Its confusing to the :willy: knewbees and quite frankly, quite boorish. I you love your mum-given name over your god-given forum name, than make it your forum name and be done with it. Otherwise, stick to the name that at the top of each post so other can attempt to follow your threads. The key word being "attempt" since so many of you use your secret names and fail to quote the posts to which you are responding.

Also using terminology like " MdO4 LGC MdO2's" new comers do not know what any of these smokes are, so they could not possibly comment?

Yeah, it's a bad habit some of the so-called "aficionados" have around here. A bit of showing off if you ask me. While acronyms (look it up, chico) are easier to use and understandable to the experienced BOTL (Oops! I almost forgot. BOTL - Brother(s) Of The Leaf), occasionally it would be nice to spell out the acronyms to help the knewer :willy: members learn what they mean.

...if they go onto a tobacconist website to try and decipher exactly what there smokes are, then they see the price tag on all these cigars and think "there is know way I can afford to buy £300 £400 £500 cigars"! Then I think it scares a lot of newcomers off. I may be wrong but it's just my opinion and trying to participate in the forum.

Whether you call it by the acronym or correct name, you will still have a "hair-raising" experience when you visit you local tobacconist and learn the price....especially if you live in the UK!

Well, that's what I think, anyway!

Names :catsmoker: Perro, el Perro, and thanks for letting me get that off me chest.

PeeJay
09-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Well I can get my pass signed for 28th 29th or 30th of December.....Does this work for anyone else....

Works for me buddy

PeeJay
09-11-2014, 03:12 PM
I'm not going to quote you TJ (and WTF do we call you anyway?) because your post is so long and would take up too much room. However it was all eloquently put as always and whilst I don't agree with everything you said its all worth reading. The problem with names I think stems from the fact that if you're not an experienced forum user you feel obliged to come up with a nom de clavier which may or may not relate to your name.

butternutsquashpie
09-11-2014, 03:28 PM
I'm not going to quote you TJ (and WTF do we call you anyway?) because your post is so long and would take up too much room.
No worries PJ. I'll do it... I mean, I practically get paid to do it at this point :41:

Unno moe mentho, por fabore

TJCoro
09-11-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm not going to quote you TJ (and WTF do we call you anyway?) because your post is so long and would take up too much room. However it was all eloquently put as always and whilst I don't agree with everything you said its all worth reading. The problem with names I think stems from the fact that if you're not an experienced forum user you feel obliged to come up with a nom de clavier which may or may not relate to your name.

Well, I certainly wouldn't want you to waste good forum real estate by including my quote (once is enough, if you ask me). But as to "what do we call you".... well "TJ" seems most inapproproiate since don :bandit: TJ hasn't been seen around these parts in some time. I suspect many of you have never actually seen a bona fide don TJ post. So I suggest using the first name at the bottom of each Coro post - in this case "el Perro"

Now, regarding your second point about inexperienced forum members coming up with a "nom de clavier" whatever the hell that means. Regardless of it's relations to the so-called "real identity" of the person makes no difference. Whatever name someone chooses, they should stick with it so we can follow them or change their name to something else (ie. Ross & Co. fka, Robustos). Again, using names given by your mum is very confussing to those who aren't party to the so-called clique; the "in-crowd," if you will.

It's sorta' like being on the outside looking in; pressing one's nose against the backery window knowing that your pop is too poor to afford the goods inside.

:catsmoker: Perro, el Perro'

:lol: Haha! Slow down there, el P! Way too much of a look at the inside of your soul.

Simon Bolivar
09-11-2014, 03:37 PM
So to answer the part of the question about how many members I have actually met? All those that came to the Watford herf, 22+ & nearly 20 members from the previous club, of which I have had the pleasure of meeting half a dozen several times & Martyn the most. Still in touch with some from the old group. Once you make the effort to get to know members (as well as you can over the net) & exchange smokes, friendship certainly can form with people we would probably just walk past in the pub or town but we have this interest, which perhaps due to it's scarce nature can bond us together. I have always said, you only get out of any club only what you put in, work & at it & look to swap cigars rather than expect freebies straight away.

butternutsquashpie
09-11-2014, 03:47 PM
SO PLEASE...DON'T think of this place as exclusive club where members stand around with their fine brandies and puros and call each other by their secrete names (hurumph-hurumph!).[/FONT][/SIZE]
This I wholeheartedly agree with. Exlusive groups alienate new members which we really don't want. One more person with us is another one that will fight against plain packaging. It also creates a much larger base to share information with which is ultimately the goal of the forums.

Right! And you still owe us a photo ID! :secruity:
OH. :rolleyes: And I suppose you with the masquerade of being in the right 'State of Mind' don't!?! :wink:

But according to the birds who met him, young butteredballs only WISHES he could stick his "oar" in, as the kids call it.

Now how the hell did YOU get this information!?! That was honestly more depressing than anything during the entire vacation... Not many people really know about that encounter. :violin: Live and let die, innit?

If I may, let me digress with a little story from the past
Story removed for the sake of simplicity

:lol: Jay Ray I don't belong in this quote!
A Given... Different forums - different homes. This is why I stick around here. And this probably explains the absence despite your collection. Have mulled this over quite a bit and it's nice to see that you stick around through thick and thin. Must've been a reason, innit?
ya. tahts the 1 rihgt theer :)

Yeah, it's a bad habit some of the so-called "aficionados" have around here. A bit of showing off it you ask me. While acronyms (look it up, chico) are easier to use and understandable to the experienced BOTL (Oops! I almost forgot. BOTL - Brother(s) Of The Leaf), occasionally it would be nice to spell out the acronyms to help the knewer :willy: members learn what they mean.
Understandibly... But honestly, there's a learning curve to everything. And these are the things that shan't be memorised right off the bat. The whole concept of this forum is to breed a welcoming environment like one at a herf. One that you would probably enjoy (as you mentioned, TJ). Like a herf, 25% cigar discussion; 75% misc. discussion. That's just how, IMHO, life should be too! :pound:.
But seriously: I encourage people to ask what an LGC MdO 4 is. We can tell them and engage in discussion on that in the 'What are you smoking now' thread and they may find a new winter smoke. That is how I got hooked on the LGC MdO 4s. Granted, what works for me may not work for others. But I feel like there are pluses and downsides to using those abbreviations.
And in the end, I just get lazy and find myself typing out ERdM DT or SCdH. When asked, I always respond - mostly because I can then shoehorn a comment about the cigar to the person inquiring. I find that is a large plus.

Whether you call it by the acronym or correct name, you will still have a "hair-raising" experience when you visit you local tobacconist and learn the price....especially if you live in the UK!
Indeed, so! But after you get the learning curve through, you soon realise what a great place the forum is.
Trading, bombing, and exchanging information, it'll soon cost much less than you think! (or sometimes more ;))

PeeJay
09-11-2014, 03:47 PM
"nom de clavier" whatever the hell that means

Keyboard name as opposed to 'nom de plume'

PeeJay
09-11-2014, 03:50 PM
And it is exclusive, it excludes non cigar smokers who would have no interest in why we're here and so would not bother to register in the first place! :849:

butternutsquashpie
09-11-2014, 03:54 PM
And it is exclusive, it excludes non cigar smokers who would have no interest in why we're here and so would not bother to register in the first place! :849:
Despite reasons, all are welcome here as long as they play by the general guidelines of respect.

Would we really ban someone if they came and just took over the 'What are you reading thread' and only posted there?? I don't see why anyone would do that... But they are welcome to, no?

TJCoro
09-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Keyboard name as opposed to 'nom de plume'

Haha! You crack me up, señor http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/p/peeing_in_the_snow-2073.gifPeaJayWay! I do do google....but what the Hell is Nom de Plume, you french snob! :damnmate:

:juggle: Hey RJ! You said "do do!"

PeeJay
09-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Despite reasons, all are welcome here as long as they play by the general guidelines of respect.

Would we really ban someone if they came and just took over the 'What are you reading thread' and only posted there?? I don't see why anyone would do that... But they are welcome to, no?

Of course not Jeremy but you're taking 'exclude' to its extreme. We'd welcome them like anyone else but a lack of interest in something can exclude you by boring the pants off you. Perhaps 'esoteric' would be a better adjective.

butternutsquashpie
09-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Perhaps 'esoteric' would be a better adjective.
I have one: 'Pedantic'

We largely agree. But we're just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point :biggrin1: (not that there's anything wrong with that, naturally ;) ;))

PeeJay
09-11-2014, 04:06 PM
Haha! You crack me up, señor http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/p/peeing_in_the_snow-2073.gifPeaJayWay! I do do google....but what the Hell is Nom de Plume, you french snob!

A pen name, a name that people hide behind when they write something that they may not want attributed to them or a name used by an author when there is another author with the same name. I couldn't publish a book as John Rankine because there is a writer with that name so would have to use a 'nom de plume'.

PeeJay
09-11-2014, 04:10 PM
I have one: 'Pedantic'

We largely agree. But we're just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point :biggrin1: (not that there's anything wrong with that, naturally ;) ;))

To quote Monty Python, 'Is this the five minute argument of the full half hour?'

Tucky
09-11-2014, 05:06 PM
Haha! You crack me up, señor http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/p/peeing_in_the_snow-2073.gifPeaJayWay! I do do google....but what the Hell is Nom de Plume, you french snob! :damnmate:

:juggle: Hey RJ! You said "do do!"

It makes sense when you think about it. Pens used to be quills/feather so nom De plume is 'name of the feather/pen....UKCF exporting culture and language throughout the world....

TJCoro
09-11-2014, 05:27 PM
....UKCF exporting culture and language throughout the world....

Indeed!

http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/t/toilet_reading-2081.gifhttp://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/p/pick_your_nose-2190.gifhttp://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/f/fart_in_face-2212.gifhttp://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/f/fat_woman_excercising-2164.gifhttp://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/t/tongue_out-909.gif