PDA

View Full Version : Is this the way to do it?

PeeJay
30-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Its sad to see that the IS hostage exchange appears to have failed but I have to applaud the Jordanians who have announced that if their pilot is dead they're going to hang their IS prisoners.

Wigan
30-01-2015, 11:07 AM
I prefer the Japanese attitude to it. Thier own fault for being so bloody stupid to go there in the first place

big bopper
30-01-2015, 11:23 AM
The guy IS wanted in exchange was on death row anyway for a failed suicide bombing.

Are they holding other IS prisoners that they are going to hang? Haven't heard about that.

Simon G
30-01-2015, 11:27 AM
I think it's good that they've said they'll hang the prisoner,
but then a bit disappointed to hear that he's on death row anyway…

Fast track the hanging…
pointless bit of retaliation I think...

The hostage is a defo gonner...

So much blood shed going on in this world.
And all for what? Power, land, money??

…it's all b#ll#cks.

PeeJay
30-01-2015, 12:17 PM
The guy IS wanted in exchange was on death row anyway for a failed suicide bombing.

Are they holding other IS prisoners that they are going to hang? Haven't heard about that.

According to the article Jordan says it will swiftly convict and hang ALL its IS prisoners but not how many they've got.

parnaby
30-01-2015, 01:12 PM
The world is going mental.

There is currently a terror alert in KL at the moment. Malay govt have had info of a terrorist attack by IS and Al Queada sometime in the next week.
This is after the Malay PM praised IS for their intentions(!?!?). The Sultan of Selangor also said this week that it is ok for men to cane their wives if they deserve it. Pretty messed up place this at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeeJay
30-01-2015, 01:13 PM
The world is going mental.

There is currently a terror alert in KL at the moment. Malay govt have had info of a terrorist attack by IS and Al Queada sometime in the next week.
This is after the Malay PM praised IS for their intentions(!?!?). The Sultan of Selangor also said this week that it is ok for men to cane their wives if they deserve it. Pretty messed up place this at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much change there Parnaby, when my dad was in the RAF in Singapore they were still fighting communist guerrillas and pirates in Malaya.

sipikaj
30-01-2015, 01:18 PM
In my opinion the world is not going mental.

The thing is nowadays the media are pumping this information around the world so you hear about it more.

I think the way to stop IS and other terrorist organisations is to stop reporting on them.

Unfortunately this wont happen as the papers want to sell more.

PeeJay
30-01-2015, 01:24 PM
In my opinion the world is not going mental.

The thing is nowadays the media are pumping this information around the world so you hear about it more.

I think the way to stop IS and other terrorist organisations is to stop reporting on them.

Unfortunately this wont happen as the papers want to sell more.

You're not wrong entirely. I think it was the Boer war that was the first widely reported to the British public and they were horrified.

TJCoro
30-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Ooops! Heehee...my bad!http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/t/tripping-2157.gif

I thought this was the smoking room. Carry on.http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/s/stumble-2155.gif

:catsmoker: Perro, el Perro

Wigan
30-01-2015, 07:18 PM
Ooops! Heehee...my bad!http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/t/tripping-2157.gif

I thought this was the smoking room. Carry on.http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/s/stumble-2155.gif

Agree with you there TJNutJob

PeeJay
30-01-2015, 07:19 PM
General off topic chat anyone? :eviltongue:

jabba the hutt
30-01-2015, 08:43 PM
I have learned a little bit about what the Q'uran says about men and how women should be treated, men are the protectors of women and children, a big responsibility, also that a Man should, if his wife acts in a lewd way, "beat her GENTLY".

As for I.S., they seem to have no respect for anyone or anything other than their own beliefs and ways, this can only lead to massive loss of life.

Bit like everything that UK and USA has done in the last goodness who knows many years.

PeeJay
30-01-2015, 08:52 PM
That is the problem with religion though isn't it. A good man writes a book in a past age where it was a relevant and useful guide on how to live a good live. Less scrupulous people add to it or twist it to their own designs and the message gets lost in the passage of time. Eg the Koran says that women should practice modesty, not cover themselves from head to toe.

ValeTudoGuy
30-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Covered from head to toe is usually a cultural thing from the persons country of origin.... not their specific interpretation of the religion.

PeeJay
30-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Covered from head to toe is usually a cultural thing from the persons country of origin.... not their specific interpretation of the religion.

Its subjugation of women whatever Marc

rascal
30-01-2015, 09:14 PM
Its subjugation of women whatever Marc

No its not, burkha is not about controlling of the women. Also the word you chose has violent connections in the meaning and not really the best use of it. But as marc said thats nothing to do with religion but cultural.

PeeJay
30-01-2015, 09:20 PM
It only has violent connotations if you choose to see them and is in common usage to describe the treatment of women as somehow lesser people.

rascal
30-01-2015, 09:30 PM
No it is always a word that is used to describe something done with force. I dont think the word is actually in common usage at all never mind common usage to describe women as seen as lesser people. Again though you are ignoring the fact that you in 4 posts above you said the problem with religion is people twists the words to mean other things, yet you are twisting cultural issues to put them against a religion rather than admit your mistake and ignorance and continue a normal discussion.

PeeJay
30-01-2015, 10:27 PM
Let's get one thing clear, I am not against any religion. I am against all religion. The burka may be a cultural issue but it arises out of a corruption of an Islamic ideal. Quite a good one as it happens.

PeeJay
30-01-2015, 10:28 PM
And this discussion isn't about religion, it was about Jordanian politics.

big bopper
30-01-2015, 11:03 PM
According to the article Jordan says it will swiftly convict and hang ALL its IS prisoners but not how many they've got.

They're going eye for an eye then, sounds like they may at least follow some sort of due process and/or international law. Won't solve anything of course. Until the regional players intervene in some meaningful shape or form nothing will change, more western meddling will only inflame things, as usual!

Wigan
30-01-2015, 11:05 PM

/\ this post making sense yet?