PDA

View Full Version : VBA and Other developers

Krist
11-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Gents and gals,

Are there people here who are freelance developers?

I have a couple of contract offers that my business requires.

First is a little sheet that will require a couple of automation tasks to be completed such as inputting into a table with a form and updating with future comments etc (i have a system to do the latter)

The second is a little too complicated for VBA I feel, it is essentially an intelligent system that will plan routes (using coordinates) for optimisation purposes that needs to take into account a number of conditions. It is not a straight line

I will likely have more and more of these items coming up, so anyone interested can write a comment below about the languages and applications and abilities and we can maybe have a discussion.

Cheers,

James.
Deano I don't know if this is allowed on the forum, so feel free to remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deano
12-06-2015, 08:13 AM
Don't see why not!

RobBooth
14-06-2015, 10:44 PM
How quick a turnaround do you need for these, James?
I'm a s/w developer (C#, Javascript and some Java) but haven't done VBA in a fair few years.

Cheers
Rob

Krist
19-06-2015, 05:06 PM
Rob, sorry I've been snowed in with work, I've actually decided that I could learn most of it through recording of macros, I'm getting a real sense of achievement so going to continue doing so, I think it'll help with my job in the future if I can have a basic knowledge.

I think I'll leave it at the moment sorry mate.

Evildan
19-06-2015, 05:11 PM
Just off at a tangent guys - I'm an IT recruiter and always keen to network with new candidates ��

Krist
19-06-2015, 05:16 PM
I'm the wrong person dan, I can record a macro now though... Happy to connect on LinkedIn though.

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=142539881

Same as for anyone that wants to do also.

RobBooth
19-06-2015, 05:53 PM
No worries James, you can accomplish a fair bit writing macros and as you say, knowledge is always good.
@evidence I'm up in the North East so probably outside your catchment area. Interested in some extra curricular work but not a new job.

Deano
20-06-2015, 09:00 AM
Just off at a tangent guys - I'm an IT recruiter and always keen to network with new candidates ‰

Oh god you can't get away from them!

Krist
20-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Haha, I had a recruiter from the same agency I'm with asking me if I was available for a role in my own team[emoji23]. I'm one of the ones doing the interviews.

PeeJay
20-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Haha, I had a recruiter from the same agency I'm with asking me if I was available for a role in my own team[emoji23]. I'm one of the ones doing the interviews.

Was it a promotion?

Krist
20-06-2015, 09:18 AM
Was it a promotion?

I wouldn't want that anyway, the extra money wouldn't be enough for the stress.