Venice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venice

Off to Venice for a gig on thursday..... its possible that I might get a couple of hours to scoot around the city in the afternoon. I've never been before and wondered if anyone has any suggestions for cigar shops, places to smoke, reasonable restaurants?

Any pointers gratefully received.

D

Venice is VERY expensive! Stay away from Plaza San Marco and go down some of the little alleys and sidestreets if you want to eat well and reasonable cheaply. You WILL get lost, but if you do and there's a canal nearby, just get a watertaxi to the nearest pier to your hotel.

Word of warning. The hotels are extortionate and drinking even a coffee outside will cost up to four times more than drinking it inside!!

Having said all that, it's a lovely place to visit.
    No man has the right to fix the boundary of a nation.
    No man has the right to say to his country, "Thus far shalt thou go and no further."

CS Parnell

Comment

Venice will be pretty rammed at this time of year, I was there early last spring and it was still busy. Look for the Tabachi signs (Black square with a white T) as some of the larger ones have small humi cabinets but not a great range. Hotels are silly money for cigars. Take cigars with you and enjoy them as you roam around getting fabulously lost.
      Attached Files

Comment

Drew, I agree, take cigars, I searched and only found one place selling cigars and I am not sure I could tell you where it was.

I have a bang up place for you to eat, very close to St Marks and I will dig out the details and email you tomorrow.
        Ciao
        Nic
        Editor UK Cigar Scene Magazine

Comment

All this advice very much appreciated. Always have my travel humi with me... and it may just have to be a grabbed D4 on the balcony after a soundcheck... always good to be prepared!

Comment

We'll Always Have Venice!

Senor Drewmold,

A few years ago the famalia Coros had the pleasure to stay at the magnificent Foscari Palace on the Grand Cannal (near the Rialto Bridge).

Just around the corner from the Foscari was a little cafe (near a clock tower) at a cross road/walking path where I spent every morning with a fine cup of Italian coffee and my favorite morning puro - the Bolivar Bonitas, which I discovered there.

Now I don't recall the names of any cigar shops, but there were several stores within a short walk of the Cafe that sold fine Habanos. One in particular had a nice glass display cabinet filled with boxes - yum yum.

You should have no trouble finding it or other shops as you stroll about.

BTW, when I wasn't enjoying a fine puro at the corner cafe, I was up on the roof of the Foscari Palace smokin' fine Habanos and enjoying the fantastic views.

Ya' gotta' love Venice!!!

don TJ and the Coros
            sigpicVaya con Dios, Amigos! - don TJ and the Coros

Comment

Turns out I'm staying at the Hilton, so probably the same old brushed up rubbish as the rest of the world..... however I doubt the drinks'll be cheap so we'll be mooching around in the fresh air after the soundcheck for a couple of hours... I'll let you know if i find anything worth looking at. We're playing at a masked ball...so i don't doubt there will be some photos of us in improbably ridiculous costumes for you all to giggle at.

Comment

Small Favors.

Originally posted by Drewmidorn View Post
                ... We're playing at a masked ball...so i don't doubt there will be some photos of us in improbably ridiculous costumes for you all to giggle at.

THANK GOD FOR THAT, senor rockstar...'cause las mujeres de Venecia son hidious!

Just kiddin' of course. The women of Venice are some of the finest in the world, just not very friendly to hombres mexicanos

TJ

...can I cum to the ball?
                sigpicVaya con Dios, Amigos! - don TJ and the Coros

Comment

Working...
                X