PDA

View Full Version : Favourite food

smokiejoe
04-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Ok chaps & lasses lets here what your all time favourite grub is.

Mine is gotta be chilli con carne,i love this to bits and can easily eat this all week long.I also love cottage pie/sheperds pie,bangers n mash with peas and gravey,i also got a fetish,,dont laff about sausages,,yeah i know what your thinkin ,lol,but everytime i go past a butchers shop a gotta call in and buy some and compare against the other butchers shop sausages,,weird eh?.I do love a good ole roast dinner too with all the trimmings and a good steak n chips with a pint of cidar.(WE GOT SOME REAL ROUGH STUFF DOWN HERE MIND),ITS THE STUFF YOU CAN CLEAN YOUR SILVER WITH,lol.this is just some of the things i like,now your turn.:smoke:

Robusto
04-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Meat.
Copious amounts of it.

Preferences in order:
Lamb
Beef inc steak
Pork
Chicken
Duck
Turkey

I do not like minced meat of any kind. I have to see the texture of meat or it makes me feel ill.

Seafood - especially oysters and squid.

Fruit - especially raspberries and grapes.

I hate cooking, so when my wife is away, it's take-aways for me and my lads.

Montesmoke
04-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Thai Green Curry

But like most foods:eating:

Willie1
05-10-2008, 02:20 AM
Chinese, Italian, British and some American/Fast Food :)

Willie

smokiejoe
05-10-2008, 08:40 AM
As with bry i really do love sea food ,i used to rake cockles and muscles from the estuary not far from were i live now,we used to get bucket loads of um with my parents and also catch prawns,but sadly my girlfreind has an alergies on all sea food(real bugger).I remember our larder in the kitchen as it was always full of pickled cockles and muscles,yummy.:smoke:

Robusto
05-10-2008, 09:01 AM
I love all that, Smokie. People go prawning and cockling on the beaches round here, tho they are not as clean as your beaches, mate.

smokiejoe
05-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Lol,mate i were down next to where i used to go with my parents last weekend and i couldnt believe it as they were still gathering bucket loads of cockles from the same place we used to go,you could see the parents with there kids picking them up,the look on the kids faces brought back the old memories mate,the excitement of finding them you know,and filling the buckets up and cant wait to get home so mum could get boiling and start pickling.I rememeber filling my fathers Austin Cambridge up,the boot was full to the brim with sacks of cockles.:smoke:

Wildwood
05-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Don't want to get that alienated feeling, but I've been a veggie for the last 6 years, and don't miss meat at all...not even bacon sarnies!

Just found I wasn't eating much meat, and found I was getting a bit nauseous when I did...so stopped. Always said, if I fancied it again, I wouldn't hesitate to go for it...but never have.

My wife is a seafood nut though!

Wildwood

cohibaIV
05-10-2008, 05:39 PM
:eek: No bacon sarnies!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

smokiejoe
05-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Aww :eek:wildie poor thing,you cant beat the smell of sizzling bacon under the grill all ready to but layed down and stuck between 2 thick slices of bread.hehehehe.:smoke:Still fish is better,more healthy mate.

Willie1
05-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Ahh, there's nothing to get ya going in the morning, than a nice big bacon buttie, with 3x slixces of bacon in each one, sometimes it's even better with a few grilled sauages and sliced down along the middle, with a nice cup of coffee :)

Willie

smokiejoe
05-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Yummy,with big dollop of brown sauce.

Robusto
06-10-2008, 05:33 AM
The HP is essential, Smokie. :cowboyic9:

Wildwood
06-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Ahh, there's nothing to get ya going in the morning, than a nice big bacon buttie, with 3x slixces of bacon in each one, sometimes it's even better with a few grilled sauages and sliced down along the middle, with a nice cup of coffee :)

Willie

Nice try Willie, but it's not getting to me ... lol! :smoke:

Willie1
06-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Nice try Willie, but it's not getting to me ... lol! :smoke:

Lmao :), oh well, there's no harm in trying :p lol

I had considered becoming vegetarian a few years back, but I would miss being able to enjoy a good burger, etc and so I decided not to bother, but fair play to anyone who is a vegetarian as at least it's a good healthy diet :)

Willie :smoke:

smokiejoe
07-10-2008, 10:56 AM
The HP is essential, Smokie. :cowboyic9:

HP or daddys sauce,the best ever bry.:41:

Robusto
07-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Tesco's brown sauce gives you an economy smack in the gob, too.
Can't beat that vinegar'd-down greasy spoon cafe fry-up brown sauce bottle.
Plenty here in Deal and on all nearby coasts! :cowboyic9:

smokiejoe
12-10-2008, 05:09 PM
I had one of those BIG M from mcdonalds the other day,nice big juicy burger with mayo and lettuce,this will give burger kings whopper a run for its money.:cowboyic9:

Robusto
12-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Has anyone had the Boneless Feast at KFC?
I haven't.
I've only seen it advertised on bus shelters, but the name gets me thinking about all sorts.

Wild. (I wish I knew your real name, mate!).
Vegetarians seem to be so healthy. There's no lard carrying on the midriff. Every time I've been to friends' houses who are vegetarians, I've smiled very politely and eaten up - but I've actually found the food tasteless in lots of cases, or heavingly rank in one or two.

This is due to upbringing, I'm sure.

I lived with vegetarians in a student house for a year and they were always hovering in the tiny kitchen to nick my grilled bacon.

Wildwood
13-10-2008, 08:42 AM
The name's Malc(olm), Bryan... :41:

I suppose I'm pretty healthy, apart from the usual parent thing of catching everything the little monsters bring back from Nursery and School...though I have got a bit around my tummy I suppose (it's my build, honest!). I'm not an evangelist for veggie eating but I think taste-wise, you've just got to be creative if you are a veggie - especially with spices.

Without being screamingly poncy, I'll pm you a recipe if you want...for a North African veggie stew with couscous...quick to make once you've done it a few times (about half an hour), and lots of flavour. One of my regulars, I make about 6 portions at a time...lovely, and a mile away from the old 1970s-type veggie dishes. Let me know...

To be honest, these days the thought of a BigMac or a KFC makes me gag...
:(

PS Can't locate my Maupassant book btw...wonder if it got left with the ex as so many did...? I'll keep digging...

W/M

Robusto
13-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Please send that recipe. Malc.

I have to say couscous dishes are a favourite. Tagine dishes are fantastic, and I know vegetable meals with couscous will be great. We had a lamb tagine last night and it was brilliant with lots of fruit.

I like to fire North African food up with stacks of harissa.

I will be handing the recipe over, mind you... :cowboyic9:

Montesmoke
13-10-2008, 04:55 PM
I had one of those BIG M from mcdonalds the other day,nice big juicy burger with mayo and lettuce,this will give burger kings whopper a run for its money.:cowboyic9:

Yea love Micky D's makes my mouth water!!:smoke:

SmokinCohibas
13-10-2008, 06:58 PM
I love thai food and italian also.

Wildwood
13-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I love Indian food...there is a great veggie Indian in Edinburgh which serves up a small pot of Sri Kand (?) for "pudding". It's just yoghurt and spices but the first time I had it I literally thought I'd died and gone to where good Pagans eventually go!! :biggrin1:

It just explodes in your mouth and I never realised I actually had taste buds until I tried this particular thing. Truly wonderful!

There you go...Wildie's top tips for Indian puds! It'll be fashion advice next...:eek:

Wildwood

RhiannonBW
14-10-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm a vegetarian too. My favourite dish is Spaghetti Pomodoro. Done well it can't be beaten for showing off great ingredients and simple cooking. Done badly it's like eating soggy slop in Heinz tomato soup.

I love French fine dining - that's my absolute favourite style but unfortunately the wallet can't take a hit more than once or twice a year.

Rhiannon

Wildwood
14-10-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm a vegetarian too. My favourite dish is Spaghetti Pomodoro. Done well it can't be beaten for showing off great ingredients and simple cooking. Done badly it's like eating soggy slop in Heinz tomato soup.

I love French fine dining - that's my absolute favourite style but unfortunately the wallet can't take a hit more than once or twice a year.

Rhiannon

Hooray! I'm not alone on the veggie front... :rock:

Agree about the wallet issue...prices are just ridiculous if you want to eat well in a restaurant...finding excellent food at reasonable prices is just getting harder and harder.

RhiannonBW
14-10-2008, 11:05 AM
If you're ever around the Birmingham area, Simpsons (Michelin 1*) does a vegetarian menu for ?22.50, and Purnell's has a 3 course lunch menu for ?20. Of course, alcohol adds rather a lot to the total cost! Previously our food bill has been ?70 and our alcohol bill has taken the total to over ?250! Eeek!

Rhiannon

Wildwood
14-10-2008, 02:08 PM
If you're ever around the Birmingham area, Simpsons (Michelin 1*) does a vegetarian menu for ?22.50, and Purnell's has a 3 course lunch menu for ?20. Of course, alcohol adds rather a lot to the total cost! Previously our food bill has been ?70 and our alcohol bill has taken the total to over ?250! Eeek!

Rhiannon

How many were in your party??? :smile:

RhiannonBW
14-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Just the two of us.

Wildwood
15-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Jeez! You must have flowed home in liquid form...whew! :biggrin1:

Drewmidorn
15-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Don't want to get that alienated feeling, but I've been a veggie for the last 6 years, and don't miss meat at all...not even bacon sarnies!

Just found I wasn't eating much meat, and found I was getting a bit nauseous when I did...so stopped. Always said, if I fancied it again, I wouldn't hesitate to go for it...but never have.

My wife is a seafood nut though!

Wildwood
With regards to vegetarianism - we've spent thousands of years getting to the top of the food chain. It seems a shame to squander that by throwing it away over night. I think its important to make the effort to eat meat to keep the animals on their toes.

Drew (vice president of the political correctness committee.... you should hear my views on whaling, fox hunting, and sexually diverse communities.)

ps. on a tangent - have you ever met a vegan who looked healthy?

pps. For those who are unclear non of the previous statements should in anyway to be taken seriously... apart from the one about vegans! lol

cohibaIV
15-10-2008, 05:13 PM
:flock:

Montesmoke
15-10-2008, 05:17 PM
I do like meat, allways have done but each to their own:849:

cohibaIV
15-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Always wanted to have my own pigs...feed them well, give them a good life...then...Hog Roast Party...:rock: :smoke:

Robusto
15-10-2008, 05:40 PM
I think its important to make the effort to eat meat to keep the animals on their toes.

Fabulous! :biggrin1:

Actually vegans and vegetarians usually do look healthy, imo.
They carry no kebab-lard.

Montesmoke
15-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Always wanted to have my own pigs...feed them well, give them a good life...then...Hog Roast Party...:rock: :smoke:

I do like a hog roast:smoke:

Robusto
15-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Me too, Monte!
At functions we play where they serve hog roasts, I just about eat the whole creature!
I can eat meat forever.

Wildwood
16-10-2008, 08:12 AM
With regards to vegetarianism - we've spent thousands of years getting to the top of the food chain. It seems a shame to squander that by throwing it away over night. I think its important to make the effort to eat meat to keep the animals on their toes.

Drew (vice president of the political correctness committee.... you should hear my views on whaling, fox hunting, and sexually diverse communities.)

ps. on a tangent - have you ever met a vegan who looked healthy?

pps. For those who are unclear non of the previous statements should in anyway to be taken seriously... apart from the one about vegans! lol

LOL! :biggrin1:

Mind you, I'm not sure about being top of the food chain Drew...did you read about the human remains found inside that crocodile in Australia recently...?

Montesmoke
17-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Love a steak too, Had a peppered one earlier very nice.:cowboyic9:

smokiejoe
21-10-2008, 09:34 PM

feckin classic mate,hehehehe,lol.:41:

cohibaIV
22-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Yo.....Smokie, where you been???