PDA

View Full Version : Review site

misterbulgarin
20-11-2009, 05:56 PM
I like writing, i like graphic design, and im also starting to like web design, oh yeah i like cigars too! I was thinking a good way to channel all these was to make a review site.

it could be a non-chalant, casual site. people can comment on each review i do too. perhaps I could use 'mr b' as a sort of character, rather than some dude writing about cigars :catsmoker:

worthy pursuit?

Lee Nub
20-11-2009, 06:07 PM
It certainly is buddy, I look forward to seeing it up and running

Deano
20-11-2009, 06:13 PM
A bit like the review forum down below?...

cohibaIV
20-11-2009, 06:23 PM
A bit like the review forum down below?...

???????????????????????

Deano
20-11-2009, 06:26 PM
This forum.

cj121
20-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Insurgency!

Nah, good idea Mr B, go for it:thumb:

matt257
20-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I think it is a great idea. I presume you mean like a review blog? There are quite a few out there, but they mainly focus on NC (The ones I read at least :lol: ) So it would be great if you did one with some CC in there too

daverave999
20-11-2009, 07:46 PM
If you want any help I've set up a rudimentary wordpress blog on my webspace (see signature). Though it might be easier to just use blogger or the wordpress site.

TJCoro
20-11-2009, 10:01 PM
:nerd: Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we already have a cigar review forum here? :dontknow:

:hmmmm: I'm a wee bit concerned that a separate review site by UKCF members would detract for the most excellent reviews that are posted on this fine forum, muchachos. :41:

I'm just sayin' :hmpf:

:shocked: BJ, BJCoro

Robusto
20-11-2009, 10:12 PM
perhaps I could use 'mr b' as a sort of character

I tend to think of Robusto as a sort of character on here rather than a sentient being with a shoe size. It makes the buttons easier to press, if you get my drift. It certainly helps me express things with clarity. Oftentimes with the firm grip of a Jodrell Bank tenant.

I'm into fantasy fortnights.

So this character says to another putative plastic mindset...

Make your dream your own big thing and play with it.

TJCoro
20-11-2009, 10:32 PM
perhaps I could use 'mr b' as a sort of character

I tend to think of Robusto as a sort of character on here rather than a sentient being with a shoe size. It makes the buttons easier to press, if you get my drift. It certainly helps me express things with clarity. Oftentimes with the firm grip of a Jodrell Bank tenant.

I'm into fantasy fortnights.

So this character says to another putative plastic mindset...

Make your dream your own big thing and play with it.

:afraid: Okay, senor :cowboyic9:Robusto....whatever you say :der:

Names :lol: Ray Jay, Ray Jay Coro, and I kid the :cowboyic9:Big Man!

:849:Easy, boy! You know how the brits are.

:shocked: At least you didn't call him Nancy! :pound:

:juggle: I likes the way he writes, just can't understand him. :dontknow:

:catsmoker: (Hurump!) A bit too sophisticated for you morons, I suspect.

:girl: I like my men big! :heh:

monkey66
21-11-2009, 09:10 AM
character :noidea: Monkey66 is my real name:rolleyes:

khy86
23-11-2009, 04:05 PM
If you made it a bit more dynamic with rankings and RRP i think its a great idea. As a new cigar user i find it hard to do searches for specific cigars without going through about 10 sites.

Maybe you could also add an affiliate system and earn some