PDA

View Full Version : Cigar repair techniques

Dean
29-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Hi all,
Just wondered if anyone knows any good techniques on repairing cigars, i read somewhere that a glue made from pectin and water is a good way to repair cigars with a small ammount of damage, does anyone have any experience of this??

Dean

Drewmidorn
29-10-2008, 11:59 PM
I think thats the same stuff they use for sticking the cap on!

Robusto
30-10-2008, 12:02 AM
Just read today that Winston used to stick brown paper on to repair cigars when necessary.

larrysputnik
30-10-2008, 02:57 AM
Believe it or not, I have used grape jelly to repair cigars. It has pectin as a natural ingredient. Apply a small amount on the end of a toothpick and you can "glue" the cigar back together. In fact, I used that on one of those Cohibas I smoked in my cigar review. It worked fine. :cowboyic9:

Wildwood
30-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Believe it or not, I have used grape jelly to repair cigars. It has pectin as a natural ingredient. Apply a small amount on the end of a toothpick and you can "glue" the cigar back together. In fact, I used that on one of those Cohibas I smoked in my cigar review. It worked fine. :cowboyic9:

The grape and the leaf are of course natural soul mates...I put them together as often as I can :biggrin1:

Montesmoke
30-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi all,
Just wondered if anyone knows any good techniques on repairing cigars, i read somewhere that a glue made from pectin and water is a good way to repair cigars with a small ammount of damage, does anyone have any experience of this??

Dean

Take a look at you tube, i saw this about a year ago on there, they use a tooth pic & a jelly mix.

Take a look Dean.

Dean
30-10-2008, 08:13 PM
thanks guys, i appreciate all of your inputs

SmokinCohibas
30-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah,I heard about that jelly mix stuff too....

Willie1
30-10-2008, 11:17 PM
There is a quick repair that I used to do if I got a bad cut on the cap that left a little bit of the wrapper loose :)

I would get cut a single strip of cellotape and wrap it around the end of the cigar, so that the wrapper can't unravel itself, but I would leave a slight space between the tape and the vtip of the drawing end, to that I wouldn't have the worry about the taste of cellotape on my lips :) lol

It may not have been the best mothod out there, but it certainly did the trick :smoke:

Willie

Montesmoke
31-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Jelly mix best bet IMHO:849: