PDA

View Full Version : Punch Punch

Robusto
13-12-2008, 12:59 PM
This is my assessment of the first Punch Punch I have ever smoked. It's going to be very positive because the cigar hit my spot from the start!

Some facts from cigar-reviews.com:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6" width="450"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="40">Origin:</td><td valign="top" width="80">Cuba</td><td colspan="2" valign="top" width="150" nowrap="nowrap">Manufactured: Hand Made</td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td width="40">Gauge:</td><td width="80">Thick</td><td width="40">Length:</td><td width="80">143</td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td width="40">Format:</td><td width="80">Corona Gorda</td><td width="40">Ring:</td><td width="80">46</td></tr><tr><td width="40">Weight:</td><td width="80">11,41 gr.</td></tr></tbody></table>
Ratings for this particular smoke:

Appearance 5 out of 5
Dark. Inviting. Squash-y. Great construction.

Aroma 5 out of 5
Arousing aroma from the spark up. Fabulous smell around the house. Rich as a good cigar should be!

Burn 16 out of 20
Slow burning. Very solid and long ash before I broke it. Went out several times. I wasn't rushing this smoke. Very satisfactory draw. Not hard work. Wonderful fat-arsed clouds of hanging smoke. Very satisfying all round. I marked it down a bit because some folk don't like a cigar to go out, and this one did stall a little.

Taste 70 out of 70
This was a win for me from the first smell and draw. Somehow it felt right immediately. I like heavy strength in a cigar, and it tasted nut-like straight away. This may seem fanciful, but I sensed quality in the thing from the start. It made me think of mature cheddars that I appreciate. It leaves a definite rich residual taste in the mouth like my favourite Partagas D4. (I'm sure these things could be grouped into clear taste families - This goes striaght away to my most-loved group).

I smoked my very first RASS last week and loved it... but this Punch Punch tastes more complex that that to me. For me, this has become an instant must-have cigar. The only small point is that it has a little less girth than I like. I do like a 50 and higher ring gauge, but I'll just have to put up with the down side lol.

A beautiful and cheerful smoke. Today I fell in love with a new cigar. :cowboyic9:

Total: 96

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/elton1984/Punch%20Punch%20Dec08/Picture0159.jpg?t=1229182129

Postscript: I like the large band on this cigar. It's pretty cool!

Deano
13-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Watch out Robusto, Mr Blobby is attacking you from behind!

Robusto
13-12-2008, 03:33 PM
This house is High Art, mate.
Like a provincial Pharmacy. :biggrin1:

emeraldisle
13-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Echo what you said about Punch Robusto, have tried the Punch Coronation and Punch Royal Coronation before and enjoyed both.

Gabriel

larrysputnik
13-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I had my first and only Cuban Punch last weekend, but I have no idea what it was. Excellent smoke though. Their NC cigars are top quality too. Good review.

:cowboyic9:

cohibaIV
13-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Cool review mate, makes me want to obtain some Punch Punch..:biggrin1:

Robusto
13-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Listen, guys. When I hit a new and very tasty cigar, I'm like a crazed kid on day release. Good cigars lift me up so much... so I'm sorry if I go over the fucking top about 'em! :smoke:

cohibaIV
13-12-2008, 05:56 PM
You got nothing to be sorry for mate, love reading your threads as 99% of the time I agree with you.

Talking Punch cigars, our mate larrysputnik sent me a NC Punch Gran Puro not long ago, and that cigar was top notch. One that you IMOA you would like Bryan...Loads of taste and a 52 ring gauge...:rock: :41:

Hoping to be getting some more soon so will fire one your way...:cool:

Robusto
13-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Brilliant, mate!

I'm about to stock up here as it's my five 0 next Saturday. We'll have to get a round-the-world cigar send going.

Maybe I'll force some more dire tunes on SY and he'll send a stick to shut me up. :849:

Would be good if we could all somehow meet up somewhere in 2009. Clap eyes on each other and smoke for peace.

cohibaIV
13-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Yeh, a group meet has to be on the cards for 09....:rock:

Big five 0 next week then mate, will be posting to you then mate. PM your address again..:cool:

Robusto
13-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Will do. Thanks.
Don't forget the plain brown envelope.

TJCoro
03-02-2009, 11:49 AM
:typing:I relaize I am bumping an older thread, but I have to agree with Robusto and the other posters here :dito:the Punch-Punch is an excellent puro that should be a staple in everyone's humidor (if you have the room).

I've been enjoying them for some time now, and prefer the cabinet (50 ct), that way I can enjoy them often without noticing a drop in my inventory. PEACE!:smoke: