PDA

View Full Version : Cuban Cigar Walk, London - Walk and Herf, Tue 17 Feb 2009

Robusto
18-02-2009, 11:18 AM
TWO HOURS FROM MY HOUSE TO LONDON FOR SOME WELL-DESERVED CIGAR FUN!

Yesterday, during my half-term week off, I went up to London to meet up with fellow forum member turned mate Nic Wing in order to walk the Cuban Cigar Walk and to smoke some great stogies en route.

Nic took some pictures along the route, and I've included a slideshow of his best at the end.

You can find out about the audio tour Nic has researched and had professionally produced from his website where the mp3 of the tour plus maps and information can be downloaded.

Website link:

http://www.citiesinsound.com/shopWebSite/php/showProducts.php?plu=13

THE WALK

I know this area of London - and I don't know it at all, as I found out yesterday. From Green Park tube station up to the Connaught Hotel to the north-west, I followed the tape guide through streets I knew, and streets I didn't even know existed. The tour concentrates on cigars - cigar merchants, cigar history, cigar fables - but also guides you through some exclusive shopping areas and malls, all the while informing you of things you might not have noticed. I don't want to list all the sites and facts because that's what the audio recording is for - and there are so many of them! - but I can say that it is thoroughly engaging and eye-opening. And a lot of fun!

I think this would interest ANY stogie lover as well as people who don't know some of the stories.

THE CIGAR MERCHANTS

The tour takes you to three prime cigar merchants in this affluent part of the city.

I went first to Sautter's and chose a Petit Edmundo which the guys discounted for me. They also handed over matches and a 'putting out' tube for a cigar. I flogged my cigar cases on eBay a while back so will use this tube to walk out with a new cigar safely in my breast pocket.

Next it was Davidoff in St James where I was able to chat with Edward Sahakian about my humidor (bought there). What an amiable guy! He advised Nic and I to try a Partagas SerieD Numero5 for later in the day.

Last it was JJ Fox with its distinctive background and foreground cold and live cigar smoke smell. I hadn't been down to the Cigar Museum before, and Nic took lots of photos of me lighting up the Partagas down there.

All three of these shops have really friendly blokes serving and tending to you. In EACH shop, I was treated like a gentleman by true gentlemen. I discussed my cigar preferences in detail with men whose cigar knowledge is immense. As Edward said in Davidoff, when you see someone smoking a cigar, you know that person will be a nice person.

I think that's true, too!

THE HERF

After the smoke-out in JJ Fox, we crossed the road to the American Bar which is hidden down a quiet alley like so many other surprises! We herfed for 90 minutes or so and Nic lit a 10 year-old Montecristo he had been given at some point. I shall simply summarise by saying it is great to sit and herf for 90 minutes or so in great company. It's funny, and it's civilised.

Here is a slideshow of pictures taken mostly by Nic and sometimes by me.

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://w67.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/elton1984/Cuban%20Cigar%20Walk%20with%20Nic%20Wing%20170209/7ec7e4cf.pbw" width="480" height="360">http://pic.photobucket.com/slideshows/btn.gif (http://photobucket.com/slideshows)http://pic.photobucket.com/slideshows/btn_viewallimages.gif (http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/elton1984/Cuban%20Cigar%20Walk%20with%20Nic%20Wing%20170209/?action=view&current=7ec7e4cf.pbw)

Pantomimehorse
18-02-2009, 11:55 AM
great post Robo, can't see the pics as they are blocked at work (IT Nazi's!) but I have heard about the American Bar before, I was told you have to wear a jacket or blazer is this the case? also can you smoke inside or is it an outside heated area?

ta

Robusto
18-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Yeah. We have male Eva Brauns standing by the servers with whips. I'm not there this week! :biggrin1:

Nic and I sat outside where we could smoke and I could be the provincial scruff.

The inside of the bar (crossed for toilet trauma) was swish as swish can be and I imagine one would have to be dressed up in there.

I noticed a pretty good humidor by the entrance door but don't know if folk have to go outside or not.

It was not too pricey for drinks for a great part of London and the waiter brought up-market nibbles. These remained untouched as we were working our cigars. :biggrin1:

I imagine Nic might have more info when he reads this.

I'm back to my smoke-shack today with a lunchtime Bolivar and good coffee after I've showered in a bit. :cowboyic9:

Deano
18-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Just a quickie - will post more later, but I suspect I'll want to do this. You up for doing it again Robusto, and see if we can get some others on here to join us?

Robusto
18-02-2009, 12:20 PM
YES!!!

Take that as a definite yes! :biggrin1:

Robusto
18-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Someone else to play SUPASNAPS' SEX-GOD BULGING CIGAR HUNK this time lol.

Sometimes it's good for others to be allowed to try... :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

(Kidding. I love being photo'd - especially at cigar work. Apologies).

Drewmidorn
18-02-2009, 12:24 PM
I'd love to tag along next time if its an open invitation, looks like you had a great day Bryan!

D

Robusto
18-02-2009, 12:31 PM
It was great, Drew.

It would be super for a bunch of us to meet up, and this is a really neat context to do it in.

Maybe the Chicken Wing (soz Nic!) could think on and get us to meet one or two key players en route as we are - more or less - addicts! :cowboyic9:

We could busk.
How about Anyone Who Had A Heart at Green Park tube?
Simply The Best - Now THERE'S a dire tune and a half. Outside CHOPARD, maybe?...

:biggrin1:

Stogiedog
18-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Robusto,
You can count me in for the next organised outing to London it sounded like you had a great time.
:cowboyic9:

nicwing
18-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Hi Guys
I am delighted Bryan enjoyed the walk, I thought he might!

One quick point, here is the official line on dress code at the American Bar:
"The area outside does not have a dress code, inside the American Bar, after 5pm we do ask gentlemen to wear a jacket - but we do have some Dunhill blazers which our guests can use."

Dunhill blazers... only at the Stafford!

I am working on a plan to do a version of the walk for Forum members so a few questions to help me plan:

1. I would look to do the walk on a Saturday morning, is 10.00 too early a start (Bond Street)?
2. Do you all have ipods/MP3 players and the ability to download the walk from the web site or would you rather I supplied a pre-loaded player? (just to give you an idea of cost - Download ?10, pre loaded player & map, yours to keep at the end of the walk, ?28)

My suggestion would be that we would start at 10.00 is but that if anyone was late that's no problem. I also propose that it's an individual walk done at your own pace rather than a mass walk. This means you can walk with your mate if you want but if you want to stop for 45 minutes at one store and ask questions, or grab a coffee you can do it and no one is hassling.

Then we can all rendesvous at say 3.00pm and herf away till the cows come home

If anyone interested can email me directly at nic@citiesinsound.com with the answers to these questions and details of Saturday's in March you are available I will set it up. Also let me know any other questions or suggestions.

I will make sure the stores are expecting you and I will have a little gift for you at the end.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Salut!
Nic

Deano
18-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Will have to be a weekend in April for me, sorry, got a feck load going on in Feb/March. Gives us time to organise though.

cohibaIV
18-02-2009, 05:16 PM
I am in, April will be good for me.......

PS

Great Great post, wish I was with you both at the time...:41:

Robusto
18-02-2009, 09:30 PM
In April, as of the band calendar today, I am not playing:

Sun 12 Apr
Sat 18 Apr (band definitely not playing)
Sun 19 Apr
Sat 25 Apr
Sun 26 Apr

On the other weekend days, the band is playing.

Sat 18 Apr is a definite yes from me.

If I wangle out of booked gigs, it's farts and spacesuits and welcome to the knackers' yard. Ish.

Bookings come in all the time so those free dates above might diminish.

I can book off a gig now for any of those dates but will have to book and provide for a dep keyboard player aka replacement keyboard player.

Thought I'd lob this in straight away for the strategic April planning throb lol. :biggrin1:

Bryan

nicwing
18-02-2009, 11:29 PM
OK, so any takers for the 18th April and a 10.00am start.

Please let me know and I will set things up.

Nic

TJCoro
19-02-2009, 12:20 AM
:ciao: Mates,

If last minute attendees are permitted, I will consider getting a last minute flight to London :plane:and joining in on the walk.

Gracias, Amigos:bandit:

Robusto
19-02-2009, 12:40 AM
That's great to take a flight from State Of Mind, Mexico. :biggrin1:

Nic.
I'm fine for that date if there is enough interest from fellow BOTLs.

nicwing
19-02-2009, 10:14 AM
OK guys, I have posted an event on the calendar for Saturday 18th April.

I will keep this updated with developments as we firm up details.

Any questions let me know.

TJ, I can promise you a very warm welcome if you get that flight.
Salut!

TJCoro
22-02-2009, 12:23 AM
OK guys, I have posted an event on the calendar for Saturday 18th April.

I will keep this updated with developments as we firm up details.

Any questions let me know.

TJ, I can promise you a very warm welcome if you get that flight.
Salut!

Names TJ, TJCoro,:bandit:

Thanks Senor Nicwing,

I'm keeping a sharp eye on flights for that date. I hope to make it, if possible.

If you can, Sir Nicwing, kindly recommend a few inexpensive hotels, if there is such a thing in London, where I can rent a room. I would be willing to share the cost with anyone else who may be flying in for this fabulous event - a gathering of Habana lovers. :grouphug:

Ahem, Mr. Nicwing...will Nancy be there? :girl:

nicwing
22-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Hey TJ, I think the best place to look for rooms is Expedia or even better Trip Advisor as you will get a real person who has stayed recently to tell you what the hotel is like. I live one hour north of London so I don't tend to stay in hotels in town unless I am in no fit state to get home on the train.

Hope you can make it, I am sure there will be some great late deals on flights.
Salut!:pipe:

Deano
22-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Good for me at the mo.

Robusto
22-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Don't know if I've posted this already but I'm fine for this if it's a group walk and herf.

I'd like to slam a few chops, chomp a couple of fine ones and put names to on-screen smoking pipes.

Stogiedog
22-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Robusto
I have just checked the timetable and prices to London by train ?29.95 return that sound about right? Did you come via my neck of the wood? We could meet up on the train to London maybe?

The Dog.

nicwing
22-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Just to summarise
I believe we are as follows:

R. O'Busto Probable
Deano Probable
Cohiba IV Possible
Drewdorm Possible
Stogiedog Probable
TJ Coro Possible (subject to flight from State of Mind, Mexico)

There are also 3 possibles from my Facebook group (excluding duplication)

I am going to double check that we will receive a warm welcome at the spot I have in mind for the Herf, and check whether they would look to limit numbers but it is starting to look like we have an event gentlemen!

:smoke:

masterorock
22-02-2009, 06:33 PM
That's a shame, i've got a wedding that day (playing at not invited)

I can't really do saturdays anyway, i'm always gigging in the evenings.

Robusto
22-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Robusto
I have just checked the timetable and prices to London by train ?29.95 return that sound about right? Did you come via my neck of the wood? We could meet up on the train to London maybe?

The Dog.

Great pic, Dawg!

Sure about that price? Very good news if it's so. I paid ?51 on Tuesday and nearly carked it at the booth!

If it's ?51, I'd prefer to drive and you might like to share.

cohibaIV
22-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Just to summarise
I believe we are as follows:

R. O'Busto Probable
Deano Probable
Cohiba IV Possible
Drewdorm Possible
Stogiedog Probable
TJ Coro Possible (subject to flight from the US of A)

There are also 3 possibles from my Facebook group (excluding duplication)

I am going to double check that we will receive a warm welcome at the spot I have in mind for the Herf, and check whether they would look to limit numbers but it is starting to look like we have an event gentlemen!

Put me down for a Diffo....

I will be there....:41:

Drewmidorn
22-02-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm afraid that I'll have to leave any confirmation till the last minute due to work. If thats not a problem thats great I'd love to come, but planning anything more than a fortnight ahead is difficult. The 18th of Aptil is a TBC in my diary at the moment.

D

Robusto
23-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Nic - Put me down as a definite yes, mate.
Bonus is that I've just seen it's in my Easter holiday, too. :smoke:

nicwing
26-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi guys
Great news, I have been a little hesitant, but I can now confirm that the Stafford Hotel (The American Bar) will be delighted to welcome us for a Herf after the walk.
They will reserve 2 tables for us but have asked that we limit numbers to 12 to allow some space for their guests.

I have also opened this up to the Facebook group and have about 6 possibles there.

At the moment I have only Robusto and Cohiba IV as confirmed yes and I know TJ will be a last minute confirmation and as he is comming so far I will keep a place open for him. That leaves 9 places open and the sooner you can confirm the better.

Having said that, if it's a success I don't see why we wouldn't do it again.

Salut! :41:

Pantomimehorse
26-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Nic

im on for coming along if thats ok?

Stogiedog
26-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Nic put me down for a DEFO. I cannot wait mate.

cj121
26-02-2009, 10:02 PM
I'd love to cath up with BOTL but Im planning a few days in France/Belgium around that time. Bugger.

Olls
27-02-2009, 08:39 AM
I have to say this sounds great but I had a nightmare experience last time I tried to get to London on a day trip. Ended up getting home at about 3am the next day by a combination of train and taxi and very nearly didn't make it at all. Plus, I had to pay about sixty quid for the pleasure.

I'll have to see if I can get one of my mates down in the south east interested so that I can stop over at his...

Stogiedog
27-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Nic is there a dress code for the American bar? If so could you please pass on the details, as I will have to hire a tuxedo LOL.:smile:

cohibaIV
27-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Nic

What are the Diffo's at the Mo??:cool:

Deano
28-02-2009, 10:09 AM
We could get some UKCF t-shirts printed.
That would be hella sad but hella cool at the same time.

Robusto
28-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Mine is extra extra extra extra large if this happens.
Don't go dyslexic with the UKCF.

Stogiedog
28-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Deano, perhaps rather than a t - shirt may I suggest something more in keeping and maybe project a more mature aspect of the UKCF membership, also perhaps easier to wear with a jacket if required in some of the venues in London? A short sleeved shirt with collar, giving the ablitity to wear a tie (if required) but still be smart and casual with a tasteful embroidered logo over the left breast. Just a suggestion the short sleeve shirt will cost more I would assume. That said I would still wear a very big t - shirt but like Robusto not to outlandish.

The Dog

nicwing
28-02-2009, 08:03 PM
OK guys, here is an update to try to respond to all outstanding questions.
First the details of the ?line up?. At the moment I have the following:
Confirmed ? 9 people
<TABLE style="MARGIN: auto auto auto 4.65pt; WIDTH: 355.15pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt" class=MsoNormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=474><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 355.15pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BACKGROUND: #92d050; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=474 noWrap>Bryan Orwell<O:p</O:p

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 355.15pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BACKGROUND: #92d050; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=474 noWrap>Stogie Dog<O:p</O:p

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 355.15pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BACKGROUND: #92d050; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=474 noWrap>Cohiba IV<O:p</O:p

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 355.15pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BACKGROUND: #92d050; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=474 noWrap>TJ Coro (I am going to keep this place open to allow TJ to plan a flight)<O:p</O:p

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 355.15pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BACKGROUND: #92d050; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=474 noWrap>Pantomime Horse<O:p</O:p

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 5"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 355.15pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BACKGROUND: #92d050; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=474 noWrap>Deano<O:p</O:p

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 6"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 355.15pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BACKGROUND: #92d050; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=474 noWrap>Andy Lessons<O:p</O:p

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 7"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 355.15pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BACKGROUND: #92d050; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=474 noWrap>David Caddick<O:p</O:p

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-yfti-irow: 8; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 355.15pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BACKGROUND: #92d050; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0cm" vAlign=bottom width=474 noWrap>Nic Wing<O:p</O:p

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><O:p</O:p
Possible ? 8 people
Drewmidorm<O:p</O:p
7 Others from the Facebook page<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
Please bear in mind there is a top limit of 12 people at the American Bar so as of now we only have 3 places available before I have to start putting people on a waiting list. So if you want to come better confirm ASAP.
In terms of a dress code, there is none outside but I would suggest that we should be smart as this is a posh hotel and we want to be asked to come back in the future (bearing in mind that there are already painfully few places where it?s possible to smoke a civilised cigar)
I can?t say I am wild about the idea of ?Team Shirts?. I would have thought that your best light tweeds would be more appropriate.

nicwing
01-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Update
We now have 10 confirmed, so only two places currently left available.

Please book early to avoid dissapointment. I will ask you to pay for and download the audio file for the walk two weeks by the 4th April by way of confirmation. This will allow any spaces to be filled.

Confirmed - Bryan Orwell, Giulio, Stogie Dog, Cohiba IV, TJ Coro (provisional),Pantomime Horse, Deano, Andy Lessons, David Caddick, Nic Wing.<O:p</O:p

Possible - Drewmidorm, 7 via the Walk Facebook page.
Salut!
Nic:director:

Stogiedog
01-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Nic I have already downloaded the walk from your website mate! hope thats ok?

nicwing
01-03-2009, 06:26 PM
That's great, Thank you sir.

Mr Moore
01-03-2009, 06:44 PM
its the well respected men about town, Doing the best things so conservatively.....
sorry It just sprang into my head, as I read out this thread.
should be a right barrel chaps.

Deano
01-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Would you believe it, I have a bloody wedding reception that day. I thought it was ealier in April ffs.

No matter, I suspect you lot can't all change your plans! So I'll just have to ensure I get back in time.

nicwing
02-03-2009, 04:03 PM
OK, I have 2 final confirmed entries so we have 12 for the day.

As TJ has to confirm his flight I am happy to run a reserve list just in case of any drop outs.

There will be some special events on the day and I will announce them nearer the date.
N

TJCoro
02-03-2009, 04:28 PM
OK, I have 2 final confirmed entries so we have 12 for the day.

As TJ has to confirm his flight I am happy to run a reserve list just in case of any drop outs.

There will be some special events on the day and I will announce them nearer the date.
N

Thank you kindly, Nicwing, for holding a spot for me. I am trying my very best to make the inaugural event, but well certainly let you know as soon as possible if I can't so someone else can fill my spot. :bandit:

nicwing
02-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Now I take a closer look at your avatar, I will keep your slot open for as long as possible!

Robusto
02-03-2009, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't boast about that! :biggrin1:

Aye thang yew...

Robusto
02-03-2009, 06:47 PM
its the well respected men about town, Doing the best things so conservatively.....
sorry It just sprang into my head, as I read out this thread.
should be a right barrel chaps.

Mr Moore

Your mind is very badge and blazer combo world.

I was going to suggest we walked round in Alan Partridge off-duty sportswear chic.

TJCoro
02-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Now I take a closer look at your avatar, I will keep your slot open for as long as possible!

:pThank you for noticing, Mr. Nicwing. :nerd:Ignore Mr. Robusto, errrr, I mean Bryan, he just jealous :eviltongue:. You should see an avatar of Senora TJCoro on a good day!!!:becky:

:bandit:Names TJ, TJCoro, one lucky f-ing hombre!

TJCoro
02-03-2009, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't boast about that! :biggrin1:

Aye thang yew...

Sir, not sure what you said....should I be insulted??? :mmph:

:bandit:Names TJ, TJCoro, ready to rumble.:fight:

Robusto
10-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Train tickets for this arrived in the post today. :biggrin1:

cohibaIV
10-03-2009, 07:08 PM
?????????

Have you got a time machine....

Stogiedog
10-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Robusto my train tickets also arrived today.

Robusto
10-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Ready to go, mate!

Stogiedog
10-03-2009, 08:17 PM
You bet can't wait. We can sort the rest of the detailed timings out closer to the date Bryan.:biggrin1:

Robusto
10-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Mini herf before, maybe?
The weather's brightening up after all! :biggrin1:

Stogiedog
10-03-2009, 08:23 PM
I,m thinking maybe! I will have to check the ol diary and find some potential dates. A bit busy at work (stealing some time at the moment on till 2300hrs) but I if you have any potential dates or ideas drop me a line Byran.
HERF on mate.:smoke:

Stogiedog
11-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Nic

I asked about dress codes etc for the smoke after the walk!!!! Collar and tie, jacket or jeans and soft coat mate?

woof woof

The Dog:smoke:

nicwing
11-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Sorry Dawg, I thought we had done this one, there is no dress code while we are sitting outside and herfing.

If you want to go into the American bar you will need a jacket and tie (but you can't smoke in there so what's the point).

Now we need to know if that TJ is going to get his New Mexican sorry carcase over here to join us.

What gives TJ?

TJCoro
11-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Sorry Dawg, I thought we had done this one, there is no dress code while we are sitting outside and herfing.

If you want to go into the American bar you will need a jacket and tie (but you can't smoke in there so what's the point).

Now we need to know if that TJ is going to get his New Mexican sorry carcase over here to join us.

What gives TJ?

Senor Nicwing,

Thanks for asking. I'm keeping a close eye on the air fares and my funds.
I may have to forgo a few boxes of cohibas to make it. But it would be worth it.

If it's okay with the rest of the walkers, I will make a decision 7 to 10 days before, when I might be able to snag a really good price on a last minute flight. I'll worry about a hotel later.

I realize there may be a waiting list to participate and I don't want to hold anyone up, so please let me know if waiting until the last minute is acceptable to everyone.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of the other folks on this forum and very much hope things work out so I can make it.

TJCoro :bandit:

Alex
11-03-2009, 11:27 PM

What gives TJ?

Nic, im interested in coming as long as funds are there, i will know in a couple of weeks time. As we cant herf in the american bar, im not really interested in going there, so is it poss i can come along for the walk but leave you guys who are going the bar at the bar lol.
Is the 12 people limit because there is limited space in the bar or have i missed another reason in a previous post.
I dont mind missing the bar and leaving you early, also how long does the walk last.

nicwing
25-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Cuban Cigar Walk London
Cohiba IV asked yesterday for an update on the Walk and Herf so here it is:

Date : Saturday 18<SUP>th</SUP> April – Start at 10:00am at the Churchill Statue at the junction of Old Bond Street and New Bond Street. (Nearest Tube station Green Park - See map at web site for details (http://www.citiesinsound.com/maps/13.pdf))

Attendees:
Robusto - Confirmed/Downloaded<O:p</O:p
Stogie Dog - Confirmed/Downloaded
Giulio - Confirmed/Downloaded<O:p</O:p
Andy L - Confirmed/Preload<O:p</O:p
NicW - Present sir!
Sarah BM Confirmed/Downloaded<O:p</O:p
Cohiba IV - Confirmed/Preload<O:p</O:p
Pantomime Horse - Confirmed/ Downloading<O:p</O:p
Deano - Confirmed/Downloading<O:p</O:p
TJ Coro - Confirmed/?
CJ121 - Confirmed/?<O:p</O:p
(Only one place left for the 'herf') - Can you miss the oportunity to meet up with the one and only TJ??

Alex TBC<O:p</O:p
Oils TBC<O:p</O:p
Drewdorm TBC<O:p</O:p
RK TBC<O:p</O:p

Timing: The intention is to make this a walk which you can do at your own pace so that you can enjoy the day. However some of the stores have offered to ‘entertain’ us so it would be nice if we could rendezvous at these times. <O:p</O:p
I have also suggested a venue for lunch where it’s possible to get a good pint and a sandwich.

10.00 - Churchill statue at the Junction of Old Bond Street and New Bond Street <O:p</O:p
10.15 – Coffee and a small ‘heart starter’ at Dunhill, Bourdon House (on the walk)
10.45 – Cuban Coffee at Sautters of Mount Street <O:p</O:p
12.00 – A glass of champagne courtesy of Edward Sahakian of Davidoff, Jermyn street, (nb allow 30 minutes to walk from Sautters to Davidoff) <O:p</O:p
12.45 – Suggested time to rendezvous at the Red Lion pub (http://www.pubs.com/pub_details.cfm?ID=231) for lunch (it is possible to smoke in the alleyway outside the pub)<O:p</O:p
2.00 – JJ Fox & Robert Lewis/ Cigar Museum St James’s Street<O:p</O:p
3.00 – American Bar at the Stafford Hotel - Herf<O:p</O:p

Cost: The cost of the walk is ?10 if you download the walk from the web site or ?28 if you would like me to provide you with the walk pre-loaded onto an MP3 player. (Please note lunch and drinks at the Stafford are not included in the cost of the walk)<O:p</O:p

In order to confirm numbers I would ask you to either complete the download or post me a cheque no later that Friday 3<SUP>rd</SUP> of April.

There is a waiting list for this event and numbers are limited by the capacity at the Stafford Hotel. <O:p</O:p

Map:a map of the route can be downloaded from www.citiesinsound.com (http://www.citiesinsound.com/). But I will bring some copies of the walk with me on the day for those who forget.

Dress Code: As previously discussed on the forum there is no formal dress code for the walk however the Stafford has been kind enough to reserve tables for us to smoke a cigar after the event so I would ask that the minimum should be “smart casual” and no shorts please.
Smoking hats welcomed.

Film: With the kind help of Robusto and his son we will be making a short video of the walk on the day to publicise the Cuban Cigar Walk on some US Cigar channels. If for any reason you do not want to be included in this film please let me know before the day.

If there are any questions please let me know.

Robusto
25-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Smoking hats welcomed.

:smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

Deano
25-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Oh I'm definitely confirmed btw. I just need to download to my iphone.
I have a wedding reception in the eve so I need to scarper at 4.30ish. I reckon 6 hours with you lot will be enough though ;)

TJCoro
25-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Great Information, NicWing,:thumb:

I can certainly feel the swing of the pendulum :clock:after reading your post and listening to the sample at the website.:beerglass:

Is it true what they say? :unionjacks"En-g-land swings like a pendulum do":cheers:

:mad:And by the way...who the F are they?:nono:

:bandit:Names TJ, TJCoro, and I'm wondering what to expect weather-wise in the UK :rain:

Stogiedog
25-03-2009, 07:06 PM
The pub looks the buisness. No driving for me he, he, he.

cohibaIV
25-03-2009, 07:17 PM
What tube station do I go too??

Robusto
25-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Green Park is fine, Dale.

Deano
25-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Nice, one stop from Victoria. Went through Green Park every day for 4 years when I worked in Oxford Circus for an online casino company. Kinda fun. Not.

cohibaIV
25-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Green Park is fine, Dale.

Cheers Bryan.

I am driving down with the missus, (She is a cockney) and she will be dropping me off.:p

Going to stay over Sat night for a dirty weekend after the HERF...:smoke:

Booked a room at the May Fair..heard its an OK hotel...

Robusto
25-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Filth!

nicwing
25-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Filth!

What he really means to say is ...Do you want him to save some space on his video camera?

Robusto
25-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Steamy VHS models required...

TJCoro
26-03-2009, 12:24 AM
:unionjacksSo local mates,

What can an out-of-towner expect from the weather?

Will it rain:rain:, be cold? Should I bring a heavy coat/cloak/cape.:doh:

What's the rule on tin foil hats? :tinfoil3:

:bandit:

nicwing
26-03-2009, 08:10 AM
indupedly (Said in a Dick van Dyke accent)

TJCoro
26-03-2009, 10:42 AM
indupedly (Said in a Dick van Dyke accent)

Sir Nicwing - add anymore information to your location and you'll end up in avatar land....which ain't so bad if you have a avatar like mine. :proud:

nicwing
26-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Sir Nicwing - add anymore information to your location and you'll end up in avatar land....which ain't so bad if you have a avatar like mine. :proud:

I tried mate, that's it, no more room, I had plenty more to write let me tell you!

Seriouisly though, in terms of the weather, even in this country obsessed by the most minor fluctuations, we don't forecast that far out.

I would expect April showers (could be rain, could be sleet, even possibly snow) and then if it's nice we will all be happy.
N

TJCoro
31-03-2009, 04:35 PM
:bump:I bumped this muva so I can find it easily.

Important update pending...

:bandit: Names TJ, TJCoro, and I'm going to London Town! :unionjacks

TJCoro
31-03-2009, 05:20 PM

What gives TJ?

:wave:Cheers Fellow UKCF Cigar Walkers,

What gives is....I pulled the trigger today and booked a flight and hotel (http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll/qscr=cmhi/htid=8526/crti=1/hotel-location-map) (Click to see map). :rock:

Does anyone know if the Hyde Park Towers Hotel is near the walk? Is anyone bringing a jacket/tie :thumpdown: for the American Bar?:dontknow:

:bandit:Names TJ, TJCoro and I'm walkin' in London Town!!!:41:

cohibaIV
31-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Hey TJ..thats bloody great that you are going to make the walk...really pleased mate, can't wait to meet you mate and smoke some fine cigars...:rock::41::biggrin1:

TJCoro
31-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Hey TJ..thats bloody great that you are going to make the walk...really pleased mate, can't wait to meet you mate and smoke some fine cigars...:rock::41::biggrin1:

Me too, Mr. IV, Me too!:beer:

TJ :bandit:

cj121
31-03-2009, 09:43 PM
If there's any room at the inn chaps, I'm not going to France now. Last minute Larry, I know, but "...half a loaf..."

No dramas if not:smile:

G-man
31-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Robusto,
You can count me in for the next organised outing to London it sounded like you had a great time.

I wish I could say count me in but if I start walkin today 3/31/09 I mite be their next year some time. Anybody up for a herf walk when I get there?
Its going to be a tough walk with my car battary stroped to my back for my GPS for guidance.Like the little train "I think I can) LMAO
Some day((((((((((((((dream set on))))))))))))))))))))))))))))WAKE UP!!!!:der::rock::rock::rock::smoke::smoke::der::d er::der::smoke::smoke::der::der::der::eviltongue:: smoke:

nicwing
31-03-2009, 09:56 PM
If there's any room at the inn chaps, I'm not going to France now. Last minute Larry, I know, but "...half a loaf..."

No dramas if not:smile:

Hey CJ, this is great, there are spaces so you're in, just download the walk, if you look back on this thread the details of the walk are there but I will post updated details at the end of the week.

Great stuff

nicwing
31-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Cuban Cigar Walk London
Cohiba IV asked yesterday for an update on the Walk and Herf so here it is:

Date : Saturday 18<SUP>th</SUP> April – Start at 10:00am at the Churchill Statue at the junction of Old Bond Street and New Bond Street. (Nearest Tube station Green Park - See map at web site for details (http://www.citiesinsound.com/maps/13.pdf))

Attendees:
NicW - Present sir!
TJ Coro - Confirmed/?
CJ121 - Confirmed/?
Peanut - Confirmed/?<O:p</O:p
That's it we're done, no more room at the Herf, come along for the walk only though. Can you miss this opportunity to meet the legend that is TJ??

Alex TBC<O:p</O:p
Oils TBC<O:p</O:p
Drewdorm TBC<O:p</O:p
RK TBC<O:p</O:p

Timing: The intention is to make this a walk which you can do at your own pace so that you can enjoy the day. However some of the stores have offered to ‘entertain’ us so it would be nice if we could rendezvous at these times. <O:p</O:p
I have also suggested a venue for lunch where it’s possible to get a good pint and a sandwich.

10.00 - Churchill statue at the Junction of Old Bond Street and New Bond Street <O:p</O:p
10.15 – Coffee and a small ‘heart starter’ at Dunhill, Bourdon House (on the walk)
10.45 – Cuban Coffee at Sautters of Mount Street <O:p</O:p
12.00 – A glass of champagne courtesy of Edward Sahakian of Davidoff, Jermyn street, (nb allow 30 minutes to walk from Sautters to Davidoff) <O:p</O:p
12.45 – Suggested time to rendezvous at the Red Lion pub (http://www.pubs.com/pub_details.cfm?ID=231) for lunch (it is possible to smoke in the alleyway outside the pub)<O:p</O:p
2.00 – JJ Fox & Robert Lewis/ Cigar Museum St James’s Street<O:p</O:p
3.00 – American Bar at the Stafford Hotel - Herf<O:p</O:p

Cost: The cost of the walk is ?10 if you download the walk from the web site or ?28 if you would like me to provide you with the walk pre-loaded onto an MP3 player. (Please note lunch and drinks at the Stafford are not included in the cost of the walk)<O:p</O:p

In order to confirm numbers I would ask you to either complete the download or post me a cheque no later that Friday 3<SUP>rd</SUP> of April.

There is a waiting list for this event and numbers are limited by the capacity at the Stafford Hotel. <O:p</O:p

Map:a map of the route can be downloaded from www.citiesinsound.com (http://www.citiesinsound.com/). But I will bring some copies of the walk with me on the day for those who forget.

Dress Code: As previously discussed on the forum there is no formal dress code for the walk however the Stafford has been kind enough to reserve tables for us to smoke a cigar after the event so I would ask that the minimum should be “smart casual” and no shorts please.
Smoking hats welcomed.

Film: With the kind help of Robusto and his son we will be making a short video of the walk on the day to publicise the Cuban Cigar Walk on some US Cigar channels. If for any reason you do not want to be included in this film please let me know before the day.

If there are any questions please let me know.

Posted this update so that you don't have to hunt back through the thread.

Hot off the Press TJ is in!!!!!!!!

TJCoro
31-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Nice work with the small faces, senor GSS:rock:

Me so happy!!!:rolleyes:

:bandit: Names TJ, TJCoro, and I love a good smiley or two:bandit::bandit:

Robusto
31-03-2009, 10:21 PM
That's superb news, TJ!
Can we all kip at your pad afterwards lol.
Will be great to meet you. :biggrin1:

Boss Hog
31-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Love to be there with you all, sounds like a great day. Booked out on project work that whole weekend. No getting out of it.:frown:

TJCoro
31-03-2009, 11:11 PM
That's superb news, TJ!
Can we all kip at your pad afterwards lol.
Will be great to meet you. :biggrin1:

:der:Right! If "kip" means enjoying fine puros, drinks, and good conversation - ABSOLUTELY! :party: I requested a smoking room:849:.

If "kip" means getting a horde of hookers and partying all night long, lead the way, mate. :cheer2::dancing2:

But if "kip" is English-English for something else:knuddel:, well, I'll have to think about it.:afraid:

If my hotel is close by - Nicwing thinks it's within a 20 minute walk - all are welcome to come by for a "Kip" or two.:beer:

:bandit: Names TJ, TJCoro, and a puro walk in London with you best UKCF mates - PRICELESS!!!:thrasher:
:41:!

Ramon
31-03-2009, 11:15 PM
If my hotel is close by - Nicwing thinks it's within a 20 minute walk - all are welcome to come by for a "Kip" or two.:beer:

How about just 40 winks :biggrin1:

TJCoro
31-03-2009, 11:40 PM
:madgrin:
How about just 40 winks :biggrin1:

More English-English, senor Ramon? :doh:

:bandit:Names TJ, TJCore, and I'm a little afraid:afraid:

Mr Moore
01-04-2009, 08:04 PM
TJ, kip is a term used for men who like to group hug !

Stogiedog
01-04-2009, 09:06 PM
TJ well done mate, so looking forward to meeting you my friend. We will have a few bevvies. See you soon.:41:

TJCoro
01-04-2009, 09:23 PM
:shot:Lo Siento Amigos for the problems with this thread.:banghead: I fould a web page which defined Kip, so I implanted a link.:damnmate:

:smash:I guess I fucked up. :thefinger:TJ's bad.

Stogiedog
02-04-2009, 04:12 PM
It seems from TJs comments that he has floor sapce for kipping on. Robusto that planned return journey back to Kent saturday may have to be cancelled until sunday morning!!!! It would seem unsporting not too mention bad manners not to entertain Senor TJ after he has made the effort to fly into London :plane:especially for the herf. I am thinking a prolonged evening of entertainment at a a good ol english pub or any other location people would like to visit!!!!!

Might see about accommodation if TJs floor is unavailable!! What do you think Robusto, want to PM me mate? There will need to be some consultation with the long haired general but from my point of view its a possible.:rolleyes:

:beerglass::cowboyic9:

TJCoro
02-04-2009, 04:29 PM
It seems from TJs comments that he has floor sapce for kipping on. Robusto that planned return journey back to Kent saturday may have to be cancelled until sunday morning!!!! It would seem unsporting not too mention bad manners not to entertain Senor TJ after he has made the effort to fly into London :plane:especially for the herf. I am thinking a prolonged evening of entertainment at a a good ol english pub or any other location people would like to visit!!!!!

Might see about accommodation if TJs floor is unavailable!! What do you think Robusto, want to PM me mate? There will need to be some consultation with the long haired general but from my point of view its a possible.:rolleyes:

You are awsome, senor Stogiedog.:rock:

Do you or Mr. R have a sister??? :eyebrows:

:bandit: Names TJ, TJCoro, and I'm bad news, I tells ya':damnmate::secruity:

:twitch:

nicwing
02-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi guys, I am delighted to say that I have now closed the list on the Herf.

I've got a meeting with one of the stores tomorrow and hope to be able to announce an additional little feature of the walk by tomorrow night.

So here they are, the runners and riders for the 18th:

Attendees:
NicW - Present sir!
TJ Coro - Confirmed/?
CJ121 - Confirmed/?
Peanut - Confirmed/?

I would just ask if TJ, CJ121 and Peanut could confirm whether they are going to download or if they need pre-loaded players, just because I may need to order some more players in.

Watch this space for updates.<O:p</O:p

Stogiedog
02-04-2009, 04:53 PM
TJ got no sisters I am afraid!!! However I am sure we could find you a sister later on saturday LOL :tongue:

TJCoro
02-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Mr. NicWing....TJ here. I will download this week/weekend.

Thanks for the reminder!

TJCoro
02-04-2009, 04:56 PM
TJ got no sisters I am afraid!!! However I am sure we could find you a sister later on saturday LOL :tongue:

Good enough, mate! Let's make it happen!:rock:

:bandit: Names TJ, TJCoro, and I'm looking for some trouble. :boink::tsk:

nicwing
02-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Mr. NicWing....TJ here. I will download this week/weekend.

Thanks for the reminder!

Thanks Dude!

cohibaIV
02-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Nic,

Are we all sorted and paid now? (Mine went today...:()

Can't wait....:rock:

CIV

cohibaIV
02-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Should I also bring my own smokes??? Would that be rude??:confused:

:cool:

cj121
02-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Hey CJ, this is great, there are spaces so you're in, just download the walk, if you look back on this thread the details of the walk are there but I will post updated details at the end of the week.

Great stuff

Nice one Nick, I'll trawl through the pages and sort payment also.
Thanks.:smoke:

TJCoro
02-04-2009, 09:32 PM

WTF Mr. IV??? :brick:

If you don't, who will??? :dontknow:

:grouphug:Or are we to rely on the generosity of the kindly vendors we visit along the way?:41:

:shocked:I do declare, I don't know how you Brits get through the day...:willy:

:bandit: Names TJ, TJCoro, and I'm bringing my own, how about you?:849:

nicwing
02-04-2009, 09:39 PM

Well there is plenty of opportunity to buy, but it looks like it could be a long evening so I will be packing, suggest you do too!

(and ignore TJ's jibe, you're a gentleman to ask!) :rolleyes:

TJCoro
02-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Well there is plenty of opportunity to buy, but it looks like it could be a long evening so I will be packing, suggest you do too!

(and ignore TJ's jibe, you're a gentleman to ask!) :rolleyes:

:noidea:Senor NicWing is correct, Mr. IV.

My rude comment/ jibe was uncalled for :damnmate:- And you sir, deserve better. :cool:

Please except my sincerest apology and a Punch Rare Corojo as a peace offering. :rolleyes:Pleased see me during the walk.

Again, I beg you to forgive my rude remarks.:fish:

:bandit:Names TJ, TJCoro, and I say bad things:tape:, sometimes :nono:

:ban:

cohibaIV
03-04-2009, 06:10 PM
WTF Mr. IV??? :brick:

If you don't, who will??? :dontknow:

:grouphug:Or are we to rely on the generosity of the kindly vendors we visit along the way?:41:

:shocked:I do declare, I don't know how you Brits get through the day...:willy:

:bandit: Names TJ, TJCoro, and I'm bringing my own, how about you?:849:

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

I was just thinking of smoking yours mate....no point in taking mine out of there home then...:biggrin1:

Joking....only joking. I will have a few stored away..:cowboyic9:

TJCoro
03-04-2009, 07:27 PM
HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

I was just thinking of smoking yours mate....no point in taking mine out of there home then...:biggrin1:

Joking....only joking. I will have a few stored away..:cowboyic9:

No problem, my cheap mate. :biggrin1:

I'll have a few extra N/Cs with me to share.* :five:

:bandit: Names TJ, TJCoro, and I always have a spare stogie or two for a mate.

*Don't forget Mr. IV, I'll have a Punch Rare Corojo with your name on it.:41:

cohibaIV
03-04-2009, 07:35 PM
*Don't forget Mr. IV, I'll have a Punch Rare Corojo with your name on it.:41:

Cool....:biggrin1:

TJCoro
04-04-2009, 12:57 AM

:confused:Well, lads? What's the verdict? If there's room at the Inn (by Inn I mean my floor), you gents are welcome to crash. For all I know, it may come with twin beds...but I definitely asked for a smoking room.:41:

cohibaIV
04-04-2009, 07:34 AM

Gents,

I am staying over, but will have the missus turning up at around 8pm...

You all know have things may change during the course of the evening...:rolleyes:

Robusto
04-04-2009, 08:00 AM
I've been offered a place to stay in central London, so it's going to be a weekend thing for me and not an awayday. Have PMd Nic and THE DAWG about this.

cohibaIV
04-04-2009, 08:04 AM
:rock: Party on!!!

In a smoking the puro kinda way....:41:

Robusto
04-04-2009, 08:08 AM
I'm shit at getting pissed, but I can smoke cigars forever!

Looking forward to it! :smoke:

cj121
05-04-2009, 07:14 AM
I'll be downloading Nick, but having to reload Itunes after changing laptop. Trying to pull all the stuff off the old hard drive so I don't lose it on synch-ing.

What an ensemble we've got:41:

nicwing
05-04-2009, 08:36 AM
F@%#$*&g iTunes, I know Bryan had some problems and I've just spent two days battling with it to load a whole load of music and 3 of my walks on a new iPod i've got for 'the lady wife' for her birthday and an up comming short trip to the Eternal City.

Think I won in the end, at about 11.00 last night.

It's looking great for the 18th, hope the weather is as good as yesterday.
Salut!

Robusto
05-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Nic

Who is that as your avatar?
Am I vastly lacking in something not to know this?

Giulio
05-04-2009, 09:53 AM
**Who is that as your avatar?
**Am I vastly lacking in something not to know this?

I SO WISH I was him.... ....what a life he must of had ....its hard work but some fat ugly Italian has go to do it! ... I wonder if he was worn out his tool?

Giulio

Robusto
05-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Who is he? Some Mediterranean Peter North?

cj121
05-04-2009, 10:56 AM
He's Ron Jeremy, famed for his 'wood' and ability to count down when he was going to give his accompanying 'actors' the hose down, up or over!

Robusto
05-04-2009, 11:14 AM
I have to say he looks like a minstrel ice-cream van man rather than a flesh rotivator. An end-of-the-pier smiler. Looks after the penny shuffle machines at Felixstowe Fun Palace, sort of thing. Or a door-knocking Jehovah's Witness apprentice. "Would you like to have a look at this painting of God?" Instead he turns out to be the Black Rod, hey?...

Mind you, all we quiet types are equally surprising in the long run.

Worth investigating?
Where to start?
He looks like he'd be a shagger with great throwaway jokes when working.
Where might one follow on afterwards?
How massive was it, then?

I'm going to a wedding now and I will be having Blackwall Tunnel visions throughout.

Stevieboy
05-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Nic

Who is that as your avatar?
Am I vastly lacking in something not to know this?
Don't pretend you don't know Bryan!! We know why you retire to your tool-shed at the bottom of the garden:tongue:

cj121
05-04-2009, 12:52 PM
He was actually a bit of a joker with throwaway shags if memory serves me right Bryan. Can't remember much about his member, you do your research if need be:whistle::biggrin1:

Robusto
05-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm amused because I've never heard of the guy and he looks like he could be presenting Countdown.

I'm too big for Next so Christ knows how this guy gets on.

Stevieboy
05-04-2009, 06:25 PM
he looks like he could be presenting Countdown.

I can imagine! "Carol - can I have two from the top and one from the bottom" Now that, I'd watch!!

He was quite a master swordsman in his day - his equipment resembled a baby's arm holding an apple :eek:

Stevieboy
05-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Just seen the new avatar Bryan. Mr Peter North - it's some hosedown that lad can perform :hail::hail::hail:

Robusto
05-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Ah. An Angel Of The North-alike fruitmonger.
I'm on my hols so I may pop to the lending library and look at the credits. :biggrin1:

Robusto
05-04-2009, 06:30 PM
I was an innocent but musicians turned me bad.
For weeks I felt that something must be wrong with my mechanisms.
I made myself an underachiever through self doubt.
I took to the tuna diet and can now go for miles.

cj121
05-04-2009, 06:55 PM
All these priddy boys ain't no good. lets have some avatars of real men
Upwards looking, he he.

Robusto
05-04-2009, 07:00 PM
cj

WTF????!!!! :rolleyes:

TJCoro
05-04-2009, 07:03 PM
:director:Take that!!! Mr. Robusto's Avatar.

:o Maybe the door does swing both ways after all !! :eyebrows:

:bandit: Names TJ, TJCoro, and Uh Oh!!! I think I hear senor Deano PMing me as I post.:vroam:

cj121
05-04-2009, 07:21 PM
cj

WTF????!!!! :rolleyes:

Well, I've been spouting b8ll8cks at times, so thought I'd back it up with a pic:eek: won't be on there long senors:biggrin1:

Robusto
11-04-2009, 11:49 AM
I hope the weather will be this good next Saturday, but this being England it will probably piss it down. :(

Nice optimistic shot there...

nicwing
11-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi Bryan, I particularly specified nice sunny weather but you never know.

The way I look at it, if it's nice we walk, if it's Pi**ing down we just spend more time in the cigar stores, the pub or smoking cigars.

That's win-win I think! :41:

Robusto
11-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Sounds fine.
I hate the sun. :biggrin1:
I've just been driving around with the sun roofs open in the car and I wish I hadn't.

nicwing
11-04-2009, 12:00 PM
The sun is over rated mon ami!

Now big decision......gardening in the rain or tidy my shed with a nice stogie :rolleyes:

TJCoro
11-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Dudes!!! It's raining in my beloved State of Mind, Mexico, too!!!:rain:

:hmmmm:Something is afoot?? It's only supposed to rain at night...heeeeere... innnnn.... Staaaaate... oooooof... Mind. :flute:

I agree with the oh-so wise Mr. NicWing:nerd: - rain can be a blessing, a win-win for enjoyers of fine puros with the right attitude. :five:

A good rule would be (note to self, add to list) - Let it rain some more, I'll just smoke four!:41::41::41::41:

:bandit: Names TJ, TJCoro, and I love a rainy day....just not during the :creep: next Saturday!

cohibaIV
12-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Any up dates Nic?

I will have no email from Wed for 5 days:(

TJCoro
13-04-2009, 01:13 AM
Mr. NicWing,

FYI - I plan to download the walk software program Monday evening, when I receive my new mini-laptop. I assume it can be downloaded to the computer then to the IPOD or can/should it be downloaded directly to the IPod?

Cheers,

cj121
13-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Hi TJ,

I think you'll have to download it to the PC, into Itunes and then onto the ipod. I'm sure someone will come along and offer better advice if I'm out on this one.

Getting nearer:cowboyic9:

When do you actually fly in?

Deano
13-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Aye thats what u need to do