Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montecristo Puritos (Quick smoke?)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Montecristo Puritos (Quick smoke?)

    Good afternoon all,

    I've just been to visit my local tobacconist and I've picked up some new sticks as well as my favourite the Boli JC (sadly, the Mag 46 only came in a 5 pack so I'll have to order a single online as well as the Connie 1). Before I start I must say that there isn't too much to say about this baby cigar.

    My plan for now is that every stick I buy, I'm going to age for a couple of years and save for special occasions such as Christmas, end of exams etc! So, this leaves me with the dilemma, I'm saving my larger cigars so I'll either have to resort to Cigarillos, PC's or JC's or Puritos. I saw 1x5 Montecristo Puritos advertised for ?6.50 in my local shop.

    So, onto the Puritos themselves. These are machine-rolled but I've tried a lot of cigarillos and these are much, much nicer. I think the size allows for more flavours, surprisingly there was a consistent woody flavour, I'm going to sound like a maniac if I say "I could taste parma violets" but when you eat a violet there is a distinct "powdery" feel afterwards, I experienced this with the Puritos in terms of the powdery after taste but nothing hot or strong at the back of the throat.

    The construction wasn't bad, it was very decent for a machine made cigar but nowhere near as tight and sturdy as the proper Montecristos.
    Flavours were consistent, a lovely woody and slight grassy flavour with a generous amount of smoke of typical Monte smoke for its size.

    All things considered, priced at ?6.50, flavour, smoke and construction I'd give this little bandit a score of 7.8 out of 10. They are cracking for a quick smoke at work, university (why I purchased them), in a rush at home or even in the car.

    For ?6.50 you really can't go wrong as my Purito lasted for a good 15 - 20 minutes.

    Thanks for reading!
    Rick

    DSC00561.jpg

  • #2
    I agree; a good 'beer garden' smoke IMHO - they do vary a bit, from pack to pack, but overall I wouldn't leave home without a pack of these or Cohiba Clubs...

    Steve

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sbthang View Post
      I agree; a good 'beer garden' smoke IMHO - they do vary a bit, from pack to pack, but overall I wouldn't leave home without a pack of these or Cohiba Clubs...

      Steve
      Yep, they're perfect for a beer garden but for the money they're cracking. I think it's expected that variation will occur between packs.

      Comment


      • #4
        I am never with out this "cigar" in my humidor - I love the size. When you have no time for a cigar but still want one.

        I usually smoke them when I am in the backyard grilling. In the batch I have they are very flavourful and burn well but they are cheap enough if I forget it outside or am done grilling prior to finishing you can just leave it without to much remorse.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by K Baz View Post
          I am never with out this "cigar" in my humidor - I love the size. When you have no time for a cigar but still want one.

          I usually smoke them when I am in the backyard grilling. In the batch I have they are very flavourful and burn well but they are cheap enough if I forget it outside or am done grilling prior to finishing you can just leave it without to much remorse.
          Same here, I doubt I'll ever be out without one now. They are small enough to keep in a jacket pocket yet they pack enough flavour for me.

          Great for what they are.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for the review.
            Im not a big fan or cigarillos/mini's etc, but these dont sound too bad, might have to give them a try.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Motormadj View Post
              Thanks for the review.
              Im not a big fan or cigarillos/mini's etc, but these dont sound too bad, might have to give them a try.
              To be honest, I won't be buying cigarillos again. Give them a whirl, 5 for around the ?6 mark is cracking for what they are. I don't recommend replacing everyday cigars with these though, these are just ideal if you have very little time to spare in a particular situation.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Motormadj View Post
                Thanks for the review.
                Im not a big fan or cigarillos/mini's etc, but these dont sound too bad, might have to give them a try.
                Ditto.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Do You Remember....

                  I was using the google machine today to research the Monty Purito when I came across this old thread. Heck! I don?t even remember these blokes. Do you?



                  Names Jay, Ray Jay...and I?ve been holding on too long.
                  sigpicVaya con Dios, Amigos! - don TJ and the Coros

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TJCoro View Post
                    I was using the google machine today to research the Monty Purito when I came across this old thread. Heck! I don’t even remember these blokes. Do you?



                    Names Jay, Ray Jay...and I”ve been holding on too long.
                    Not these in particular but I started out smoking Quinteros Puritos at Jibacoa in Cuba.
                    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Time?s Money!

                      Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
                      Not these in particular but I started out smoking Quinteros Puritos at Jibacoa in Cuba.
                      Nice! I gonna? give the Monty Puritos a go. Price is right on my side of the globe - 4 boxes for 1,875 pesos (98 bucks )

                      Ray Jay
                      sigpicVaya con Dios, Amigos! - don TJ and the Coros

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TJCoro View Post
                        Nice! I gonna’ give the Monty Puritos a go. Price is right on my side of the globe - 4 boxes for 1,875 pesos (98 bucks )

                        Ray Jay
                        That doesn't sound particularly cheap for a cigarette sized cigar
                        'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Cheap Sticks?

                          Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
                          That doesn't sound particularly cheap for a cigarette sized cigar
                          Just under a buck a stick....seems pretty cheap to me, or am I missing something. I agree, however, it is on the wee side.


                          Ray Jay
                          sigpicVaya con Dios, Amigos! - don TJ and the Coros

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
                            That doesn't sound particularly cheap for a cigarette sized cigar
                            It's for 4 boxes I think?! If not, it's a tad dear

                            Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Fools rush in.

                              Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
                              It's for 4 boxes I think?! If not, it's a tad dear

                              Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

                              Indeed, young stevietheboy....4 boxes of 25 sticks each. Now, correct me if I?m wrong, but that?s about 100 puros for under 100 bucks (US).




                              Ray Jay
                              sigpicVaya con Dios, Amigos! - don TJ and the Coros

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X