Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Movie Thread

    Okay then lets do it and have a movie thread. I'll kick off having just sat and watched 'The Maze Runner' on blu ray. It looks very good, the 7.1 sound is spot on but the story took so long to get going. Definitely one for fans of 'The Hunger Games' as the concept is a cross between that and 'Lord of the Flies'. I gave it 6/10 on IMDB.

    FullSizeRender.jpg
    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

  • #2
    Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
    Okay then lets do it and have a movie thread. I'll kick off having just sat and watched 'The Maze Runner' on blu ray. It looks very good, the 7.1 sound is spot on but the story took so long to get going. Definitely one for fans of 'The Hunger Games' as the concept is a cross between that and 'Lord of the Flies'. I gave it 6/10 on IMDB.

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21441[/ATTACH]
    Quite enjoyed it - would give it a 7.5

    Last night watched The Purge : Anarchy
    Good stuff - 8

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by groundhog View Post
      Quite enjoyed it - would give it a 7.5

      Last night watched The Purge : Anarchy
      Good stuff - 8
      Blimey you're generous, I gave 'The Purge:Anarchy' 7/10
      'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

      Comment


      • #4
        I liked maze runner but was pissed off that the story will continue in part two.

        last night watched Gone girl - crap as I said in the other thread Mandingos Revenge looked like a lot more fun.

        Comment


        • #5
          Last film I watched was Calvary after a friend raved that it was his favourite film of the year.

          I'm not sure what to make of it, the premise was interesting, the acting was good but some characters a little overplayed.

          As for the story, well, it posed a lot of big questions but along with the ending it left me feeling "what is this trying to say?".
          Exploring the world - one smoke at a time.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SmokeyDave View Post
            Last film I watched was Calvary after a friend raved that it was his favourite film of the year.

            I'm not sure what to make of it, the premise was interesting, the acting was good but some characters a little overplayed.

            As for the story, well, it posed a lot of big questions but along with the ending it left me feeling "what is this trying to say?".
            I've got that in the cupboard to watch, I loved 'The Guard'.
            'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

            Comment


            • #7
              Watched Fury the other day that was good it had an ending

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cigarmo View Post
                I liked maze runner but was pissed off that the story will continue in part two.

                last night watched Gone girl - crap as I said in the other thread Mandingos Revenge looked like a lot more fun.
                First part in a trilogy I'm afraid....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cigarmo View Post
                  Watched Fury the other day that was good it had an ending [emoji2]
                  Looking forward to watching that too....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Last film I saw was 'The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies' - went to the midnight showing last week. Brilliant ending to the trilogy, though as always with these 'three part' films, the ending always seems to drag itself out and the film could have been about twenty minutes shorter. However - I did enjoy it! 8/10.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks TJ, was waiting for this one.
                      Hopefully going to view it early next week

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The Equalizer with Denzel washington in, was a good film for the genre 8/10

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mattyhall22 View Post
                          The Equalizer with Denzel washington in, was a good film for the genre 8/10
                          Half way thru that one, will watch the rest tonight but didn't think it was anywhere near as good as his usual stuff

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mattyhall22 View Post
                            The Equalizer with Denzel washington in, was a good film for the genre 8/10
                            Getting that one next month.
                            'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Rolling back a few years. Film is Grosse Point Blank...Must of watched it 5 times...Feel like another session

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X