User Tag List

Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ... 27677172737475767778798081828387 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread

Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Having been left home alone all day yesterday with no chores to do and pouring with rain I watched three films, two of them are quite recent and both starred Rosamund Pike. The first was 'Entebbe' about the famous raid back in 1976. I was quite slow but kept me interested. The story was split between what was happening on the ground and what was going on in the background. The raid when it came was a bit of an anticlimax and a disappointment.

The second was 'Beirut' and set in the city of the title in 1982 and starred John Hamm as an alcoholic negotiator trying to free a CIA agent against the background of the conflict there. This was very good and if you're a fan of 'Homeland' then you'll love it.
    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Watched Ghost Stories last night. Pretty good movie with a good plot twist. Very atmospheric...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Stories_(film)

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Finally caught up with the final instalment of Jason Bourne.... starts a bit weak and wooden, but gets back on track and ends with a nice on brand closure. I know there isnt due to be any more as he is getting on a bit, but it is a shame to see it finish. It strayed a long way away from the books a long time ago, which is just a thing, neither good nor bad, but Paul Greengrass does close the films very well, with the audience wondering if there will be more! give it a look see if you havent already, and forgive the first 15 mins which are lots of people walking in crowds and stuff...
    "Dear heart, you're talking to a man- a real man- who drinks straight Tequilla, with lime and salt on the rim, and smokes cigars" (J Zavala)

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Watched mission impossible fallout...

Way over the top like most of them...but you know what your getting from the the franchise...was a good and well tied in with previous films

I gotta say my opinion of him as an actor has gone up with the stunts he actually did.

Sent from my HT26 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SHAMZ84 View Post
    Watched mission impossible fallout...

Way over the top like most of them...but you know what your getting from the the franchise...was a good and well tied in with previous films
    I gotta say my opinion of him as an actor has gone up with the stunts he actually did.
    Sent from my HT26 using Tapatalk
    I watched it too last Saturday in 4DX, I know it’s gimmicky but I really enjoyed it. It makes the whole experience something you can’t get at home which makes it worth doing IMO.

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexw33 View Post
    I watched it too last Saturday in 4DX, I know itís gimmicky but I really enjoyed it. It makes the whole experience something you canít get at home which makes it worth doing IMO.
    Thatís the one with the shaky chair right? I love that stuff. IMAX by Waterloo is my favourite! They need shaky chairs in there to complete the experience... seeing Beowulf in 3D in the IMAX was unforgettable

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by smokey joe View Post
    That’s the one with the shaky chair right? I love that stuff. IMAX by Waterloo is my favourite! They need shaky chairs in there to complete the experience... seeing Beowulf in 3D in the IMAX was unforgettable
    Yeah it is, I loved it. It was in 3D and came with shaky chairs for the car chases and fight scenes, there’s air that shoots close to your ears during shootouts, fans, smoke and even water that sprays in your face at a couple of points. It certainly makes the experience unique and makes action films an adrenaline rush from start to finish.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexw33 View Post
    Yeah it is, I loved it. It was in 3D and came with shaky chairs for the car chases and fight scenes, there’s air that shoots close to your ears during shootouts, fans, smoke and even water that sprays in your face at a couple of points. It certainly makes the experience unique and makes action films an adrenaline rush from start to finish.
    I'll have to give that a go. the shaking shares and smoke sound quite cool.
    I just hate putting on the glasses so generally watch 2d.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SHAMZ84 View Post
    I'll have to give that a go. the shaking shares and smoke sound quite cool.
    I just hate putting on the glasses so generally watch 2d.
    It’s well worth a go. I rarely go to the cinema as I’ve got Sky, Netflix and Amazon so I can wait and watch almost anything but I might find myself going more often for 4DX as that’s something you can’t recreate at home.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

If you have pre teenage children I would recommend the Incredibles 2. My daughter enjoyed it and so did I. It picks up from the end of the first film so watching the first is the only flaw.