User Tag List

Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 29697374757677787980818283 LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

bohemian rhapsody - A fan of Queen you will love it! like Queen - youl become a fan!

dont expect the whole truth or complete history. ive seen some crying reviews but they seemed to expect a warts n all documentary.

i love most of Queens music and always have, IMO they fkin rock! but im not a huge "fan" of any humans - ive met a couple of heroes and its true what they say.....

flick is well worth a watch

off to see the new lady gaga flick tonight, good reviews but its wifes turn to pick and i smoked a cigar in the kitchen during the week

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

lady gaga film.... surprise - was good. Mrs cried etc.

im owed a cigar indoors
    Last edited by glezga; 04-11-2018 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Casablanca last night ... you cannot watch Casablanca too many times .

derrek
    tourists bring home souvenirs ... explorers bring home stories .

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Movie Thread

0 Not allowed!

A feature documentary rather than a movie but I watched Icarus on Netflix. Started off about a guy who wanted to show how easily the anti-doping system could be cheated and spiralled into the Russian doping scandal.

Excellent film, highly recommended!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomm783 View Post
    A feature documentary rather than a movie but I watched Icarus on Netflix. Started off about a guy who wanted to show how easily the anti-doping system could be cheated and spiralled into the Russian doping scandal.
    Excellent film, highly recommended!
    I watched this several weeks back, completely agree excellent film/documentary.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dvickery View Post
    Casablanca last night ... you cannot watch Casablanca too many times . derrek
    Mark well. This is one of Life's Great Truths...

'Watch it again, Sam.'

index.jpg

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Caught Ďthe big shortí last night.... took me back to a business dinner in September 2008 when our speaker opened his address with the following words;

Ďmy speech will not make you feel good, it will not make you happy and you will not enjoy what I am about to tell you. If you havenít figured out who on your table has the strongest pills, Iíll give you a moment to do so nowí.

He then paused for a minute, and then set about explaining the exotic packaging of mortgage debt that somehow got AAA rated despite being multilayered toxic bullsh*t!

Fantastic film for anyone that worked/ survived through the collapse of Lehman, the run on the banks etc.

An honest disclosure of the property fallacy....

"Dear heart, you're talking to a man- a real man- who drinks straight Tequilla, with lime and salt on the rim, and smokes cigars" (J Zavala)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Emaresee View Post
    Caught Ďthe big shortí last night.... took me back to a business dinner in September 2008 when our speaker opened his address with the following words;

Ďmy speech will not make you feel good, it will not make you happy and you will not enjoy what I am about to tell you. If you havenít figured out who on your table has the strongest pills, Iíll give you a moment to do so nowí.

He then paused for a minute, and then set about explaining the exotic packaging of mortgage debt that somehow got AAA rated despite being multilayered toxic bullsh*t!

Fantastic film for anyone that worked/ survived through the collapse of Lehman, the run on the banks etc.

An honest disclosure of the property fallacy....

Iíve got it recorded but read the book I believe itís based on. I actually did my dissertation on the financial crisis, how Iíd have loved to have been a fly on the wall at that business dinner! Ratings agencies = crooks!

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomm783 View Post
    Iíve got it recorded but read the book I believe itís based on. I actually did my dissertation on the financial crisis, how Iíd have loved to have been a fly on the wall at that business dinner! Ratings agencies = crooks!

Itís fair to say most of it went over my head but I was left in no doubt of the nature of the wilful stupidity that the banking world allowed....

"Dear heart, you're talking to a man- a real man- who drinks straight Tequilla, with lime and salt on the rim, and smokes cigars" (J Zavala)

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Emaresee View Post
    Itís fair to say most of it went over my head but I was left in no doubt of the nature of the wilful stupidity that the banking world allowed....

Totally agree...really good film and explained to me what the hell happened back then.

There's another one similar to this one...can't remember the name of it though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk