Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A few details of kevjb64

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by oskihen View Post
    It was amazing as a child , didn't get to see him much really as an adult so don't remember too much about him , but strange really as I was only talking about him this afternoon with my parents . I drink my beer out of my silver christening mug , which was a gift from him as my godfather a fact I was unaware of until today .
    Just checked my list and whilst I could not put my hands on it as yet ( I have quite a number in various in folders ) I do have a first day cover with your Uncles signature on it .

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kevjb64 View Post
    Just checked my list and whilst I could not put my hands on it as yet ( I have quite a number in various in folders ) I do have a first day cover with your Uncles signature on it .
    Excellent there's quiet a few commerative photos with him in front of the squadron, could you take a pic of it for me would be appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by oskihen View Post
    Excellent there's quiet a few commerative photos with him in front of the squadron, could you take a pic of it for me would be appreciated
    Yes but please do not hold your breath , I have a few and it will take a while to get to were the folders are and then locate it . My notes say it is a 44th anniversary cover of Operation Chastise flown in the BBMF Lanc PA474 on the 17th of May 1987 , postmarked Woodall Spa , a limited run of 200 signed by W/C P.J.J. Day . O/C No.617 Sqn 1987 .

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Spot on Kev no rush at all mate would be interesting to see it my Dad especially would like it cheers Kev

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Whilst the strife ' tolerates ' the models , though she ruined ' RAF Dining Room ' when we got married by moving all the models out of the cabinets and filling them with Lladro and Crystal , she really likes the prints . A couple of pics .

One looking down from the galliered landing ,

Straight on ,

Professionally framed with museum grade glass to stop the colours / sigs fading these can set you back a bit .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

One of my two favourite prints , very clever , I have yet to have it framed . A 617 Tornado with a Chastise Lancaster reflected .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

The other one is John Youngs 60th Anniversary Malta print ,

It reminds me of my father , he was a Desert Rat with the 7th Armoured Brigade , in trying to join his unit he got onto Malta and took several months to get back off again . Spending most of his time there running shells to a Bofors gun position . He managed to leave and find his tank eventually and then returned to the UK after being wounded in the Italian campaign in 1943 so missing the invasion of Europe . He always had great things to say bout the island and its people and he managed to visit in 2000 just before his death in 2001 . He located his old camp first attempt .

So that is a little bit of info about my number one hobby .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Childishly happy , its a 50's car , its diecast and it has ' Havana Club ' printed on it !!!

Apologies for the camera flash but its a screenshot after I won it on ebay , so not one of mine , shouting threats at my iPhone has not made the camera start working yet .