User Tag List

Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21616566676869707172 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching (TV series edition)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I do need to get the Irishman watched

Any other series recommendations anyone? Got a minor op tomorrow so meant to be off work for a couple of weeks and need to find ways to fill the days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    692 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hookmaker View Post
    Just watched the Irishman, f..... brilliant. How in the h... does Scorsese get ahold of all these old school Italian mobster types? Brilliant
    I watched 2/3 of it yesterday, its a long but excellent movie.
    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Just watching the Netflix series Knightfall. So far so good. Perhaps a sympathetic view of the Templars albeit more accurate than most common representations of them....

"Dear heart, you're talking to a man- a real man- who drinks straight Tequilla, with lime and salt on the rim, and smokes cigars" (J Zavala)

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Been watching, spotlight on the troubles, the secret history. On BBC iplayer, fascinating insight into the troubles.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Just watched the Irishman, f..... brilliant. How in the h... does Scorsese get ahold of all these old school Italian mobster types? Brilliant
    Gonna start that tonight.. well that's the plan..hope it's as good as I'm hoping it to be

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Not allowed!

Watched it this morning very good joe pesche out of retirement after 9 years

A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke

Groucho Marx

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

The joys of having manbola, i get chance to binge watch series. The current one is brassic on sky one catch up. Haven't laughed this much in a long time.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Old4bold View Post
    The joys of having manbola, i get chance to binge watch series. The current one is brassic on sky one catch up. Haven't laughed this much in a long time.
    Got to agree with you the first half of the series at least is one of the best comedies Iíve seen in ages. Joe Gilguns amazing in everything he does.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by oskihen View Post
    Been watching, spotlight on the troubles, the secret history. On BBC iplayer, fascinating insight into the troubles.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Have to say I thought that one of the most thought provoking series I had seen on TV for years. Being a child of the seventies and growing up in London, I was aware of the threat that was posed by the IRA. This series helped to add a perspective on the troubles that I had not seen before, that of the Northern Irish catholic community. Whilst I still finished the series abhoring the violence that was used by republicans it also showed the loyalist groups use of violence which was equally abhorent. It also gave me an understanding of how hard won the peace is that was brought about by the GoodFriday agreement. I would thoroughly recommend this series, especially to anyone who thinks that the potential for a re-emergance of the troubles is a small possibility, this series showed how fragile that peace still is.
    "I know I said that I wouldn't buy more cigars for a while..........but these were a bargain !!"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Iíve been really enjoying godfather of Harlem far more than I expected plus watching watchmen and The Mandalorian to fill recent boredom!

Definitely would recommend the first though even though Iíd heard nothing about it before watching it