User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Is there a right or wrong way?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I don't mean to but some times old habits die hard especially after a few drinks.

I'm hoping over time the more cigars I smoke not inhaling will become habitual so won't change after drinking!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I do try to retrohale sometimes now. Todays ERDMDT was remarkably smooth! But its not always this way..... even after thinning out the smoke...
    .--
    I think I may finally have this CAD under control...

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I retro about half of every puff, and i would really have to put in some thought to not retro. That said, if i am smoking more than two cigars a day the old nose can feel it come the morning!
    Only the impossible is worth the effort.

JEANETTE WINTERSON,

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hookmaker View Post
    Dont do that. Two reasons you shouldn’t: 1) you won’t benefit from it, nicotine on the form that is in cigars can not be absorbed through the lung tissue. 2) There’s a shitload of tar in cigar smoke, and your lungs will become black as pitch a lot faster than by smoking cigarettes.

yes its a habbit or like breaking a rule cos i dont smoke - sneaking a quick inhale

i dodnt know that about cigars nic being absorbed differently!

retrohale - is that letting the smoke come through your nose? i done that once by accident and it fkin burned!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by glezga View Post
    yes its a habbit or like breaking a rule cos i dont smoke - sneaking a quick inhale
    i dodnt know that about cigars nic being absorbed differently!
    retrohale - is that letting the smoke come through your nose? i done that once by accident and it fkin burned!
    Retrohale: get used to it, but start slowly. There are so many more tastes and notes that will reveal themselves through the nose cavity mucus and sensors.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hookmaker View Post
    Ohh there’s a point alright. The nicotine in cigars and pipe tobacco can and will only be absorbed through the mucus of the mouth
    Haha yes that's my point

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

You really discover a whole new dimension to cigars when you retrohale - your taste and flavour perceptions go up tenfold when you do. Being an ex-smoker, I’ve probably built up a tolerance to doing it.

I tend to retrohale most of my cigars - and find regularly cleaning out your sinuses helps enormously with taste and flavour also tongue cleaning as part of oral/dental hygiene regularly helps to revive your taste buds and helps avoid sulphur build up in your mouth from bad bacteria.