Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up On behalf of don TJ

0 Not allowed!

Hi Mark!

You were't around when I started posting earlier this year, but don TJ remembers you and asked me to welcome you back to the fold and wish you well.

Ricky Bobby
    Vaya con Dios, Amigos! - don TJ and the Coros

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TJCoro View Post
    Hi Mark!

You were't around when I started posting earlier this year, but don TJ remembers you and asked me to welcome you back to the fold and wish you well.

Ricky Bobby
    Many thanks, good to be back

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    Is that like a speed awareness course?
    Sadly not. I'm the H&S co-ord for a charity in Bath/Bristol area. Our client base is drink/drug based and getting them back on their feet. So every year we have Avon & Somerset Police come in and give a lecture to all new staff about what drugs are, what they look like, costs, effects etc.

I thought it would be boring and loads of fake samples to show what it would look like. How wrong was I. Had a small brief case with samples that had been confiscated. Everything from E's, spice, crack, heroin. To show the various forms it comes in. Even had 1/2kg of coke. He reckoned the street value of his case was in excess of 100K.

I didn't realise the money and profit margins. I knew they were good but for roughly 800 of coke, it'll be chopped/cut up and wrapped and net the dealer 3000. Not bad for a couple of days work. Would certainly be able to fill my humidor then.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Welcome back and glad you are ok. My wifes uncle had a very similar incident last year, they told him it could be something as simple as a clot from an old wound had come free.
    Licky Licky before Sticky Sticky. - Puff Scotty 22/03/14

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    I get longing looks from guys walking past

Quote Originally Posted by butternutsquashpie View Post
    A purge follows a rapid puffing session.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Thank you. It's a very bizarre position to be in. Having a TIA and having loads of tests but still not have a conclusive answer. In my whole working life in the Army there was an action and a reason why. Here we have a TIA but no knowledge or explanation as to why.

Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Welcome back mate, hope you're recovered and things are going well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark3142 View Post
    Well, I'm not so sure I was missed but thought I'd let you all know I'm back.
    i had a minor stroke in Jan this year, but bizarrely I had a cigar 2 days before. I thought I was fit and healthy, 24 yrs in the Army so not in bad shape. So my thought process told me the stroke was caused by the cigar. So I emptied the humidor, sold or gave away the entire contents. Not a huge amount but all the same a few quid lost. But hey ho it's only money.
    now almost 12 months down the line I'm ready to get back into cigars again and chatting about them. I wasn't a prolific poster before but then I knew nothing so soaked up the knowledge from others. So now I'm back to rekindle my love and learn all over again.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

@Deano Thanks. Just getting into learning all about cigars again. Slowly restocking the new humidor and then hopefully sneak a few into the old one before er indoors notices. Looking forward to some trades on here in time.