Yes I've really enjoyed there's...not too sweet at all

www.themysterywhisky.co.uk
    Also not over-carbonated!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

If any of you gin lovers need any encouragement there are some good gin apps out there. I was previously using Ginto but the have shut it down. Now I am using Ginventory which is ok but not quite as easy to use. Helpful if you are searching for a specific gin but not great for browsing/discovering.

Mentioned
    632 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tanqueray Flor de Sevilla

0 Not allowed!

Just got the new release from Tanqueray, Frank Sinatra's favourite gin. I tasted it neat last night and its the lightest gin I've ever tasted with a finish of bitter orange. I had planned to drink this with Sicilian lemon tonic but I don't think its strong enough for that.

IMG_2558.jpg
    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I hold Tanqueray up as the gold standard for gin. Four botanicals clean, simple.

I have been wary of their varietals as I love limes and thought the Rangpur would be a killer, but I found it tasted quite synthetic... glad to hear this one is a winner.

If you are really into your gin, get yourself along to one of the many places that allows you to distil your own. I went to 45 Gin School and made a blend based on Tanqueray but building in some key flavours to give quite a soft, dry and warm sensation on the palate. It's tremendous fun!
    "Dear heart, you're talking to a man- a real man- who drinks straight Tequilla, with lime and salt on the rim, and smokes cigars" (J Zavala)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Tanqueray is also my goto gin. Im not really a g&t person so mostly drink it in negronis and martinis. It has a nice balance in most cocktails. This looks interesting, may work well as a negroni with its orange element.