User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: New in the humidor!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

I decided to do a few things which thought might help with getting to the 62% RH dream.

I opened the humidor for an hour to let the RH drop from the 71% it had been sat at all day. I then disconnected the cigar oasis entirely. I thought the unit might be having some issues as I noticed that the humidity jumped about a bunch 3-5% RH jumping. I then placed it the CO in a bag with a 75% Boveda Calibration pack so that I could mess with it.

After the hour, I closed the humidor up and it had dropped nicely to 67%. I then moved all of the cigars over which brought the RH down to 64%. It has now been sat at 64% since then.

A few hours after that I checked on the CO, it was sat at 77% so I calibrated it properly rather then calibrating from the bottom of the humidor... After this I turned the CO turn on setting right down. It will only come on if the humidor goes below 60%. Which should work as a RH top up.

I installed the CO and it came on as the humidors RH dropped. It sat at 59% for a minute with the fan blaring before equalising at 62% with the fan turning off when it went over the 60%.

It has now been an hour and the fan hasnt been on once. The RH at the top is 64%, middle is 64% and the CO at the bottom is saying 63.7%!

Happy day! Now to wait eagerly by the door until the next cigar delivery!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Yay!
    .--
    I think I may finally have this CAD under control...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Not allowed!

Latest goodies!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by the cigar kid; 11-07-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Classics!