Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2327282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Hookmakers tales from the Humidor

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gojira View Post
    Do it and please PM me his answer, lol! I would love to read what he has to say about this!
    I bought a clearance box of something... not revisited previous sales to see if there is pricing difference. BUT I will say that the core of the cab were quality. The sticks that were split, were a touch worse than in that picture but nothing worrysome. Looked to me to have been wet, dry wet... little bursts on the foot of half a dozen, but all still easily smokable and otherwise fine. Those that were fine were very handsome sticks.... and the PSP boxes i've had are top notch.

A recent box (epi2) bought from a well known HK vendor and annual supplier of cohiba branded fake giftware inc 24 great sticks, and one horror ... right in the middle of the bundle. Clearly a box where someone had sold / smoked a single and sadly replaced it with a stick so obviously from different batch, plus it was split (inch long) and damaged (bulging at the split). sadly shared pictures back and heard nothing.
    "Dear heart, you're talking to a man- a real man- who drinks straight Tequilla, with lime and salt on the rim, and smokes cigars" (J Zavala)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Emaresee View Post
    I bought a clearance box of something... not revisited previous sales to see if there is pricing difference. BUT I will say that the core of the cab were quality. The sticks that were split, were a touch worse than in that picture but nothing worrysome. Looked to me to have been wet, dry wet... little bursts on the foot of half a dozen, but all still easily smokable and otherwise fine. Those that were fine were very handsome sticks.... and the PSP boxes i've had are top notch.

A recent box (epi2) bought from a well known HK vendor and annual supplier of cohiba branded fake giftware inc 24 great sticks, and one horror ... right in the middle of the bundle. Clearly a box where someone had sold / smoked a single and sadly replaced it with a stick so obviously from different batch, plus it was split (inch long) and damaged (bulging at the split). sadly shared pictures back and heard nothing.
    I get what you mean but when I pay extra money for a PSP box I don't want a cigar with a cracked foot in that box. I have gotten some good and bad boxes from him and had to complain about a couple of boxes that I'd received in the past. Once I had to ship the box back which was a pain in the butt and the other time they refunded me for the damaged sticks.

That HK vendor your talking about will never get a cent from me. I inquired about something by email a few years ago and didn't like his tone when he got back to me. His loss, I'm spending my money elsewhere. And from what I've heard it's a good thing that I never placed an order with him. Sure he sells thousands of boxes but you're not the only one who had something like this happen.
    Looking for some SCdLH El Morro.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gojira View Post
    I get what you mean but when I pay extra money for a PSP box I don't want a cigar with a cracked foot in that box. I have gotten some good and bad boxes from him and had to complain about a couple of boxes that I'd received in the past. Once I had to ship the box back which was a pain in the butt and the other time they refunded me for the damaged sticks.

That HK vendor your talking about will never get a cent from me. I inquired about something by email a few years ago and didn't like his tone when he got back to me. His loss, I'm spending my money elsewhere. And from what I've heard it's a good thing that I never placed an order with him. Sure he sells thousands of boxes but you're not the only one who had something like this happen.
    I agree... good customer service is worth the hassle... as it lingers long in the mind... but so does bad service! Anyways... I've hijacked this thread enough for now!
    "Dear heart, you're talking to a man- a real man- who drinks straight Tequilla, with lime and salt on the rim, and smokes cigars" (J Zavala)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hookmaker View Post
    Managed to come home to this tremendously nice cab of PSP HdM DCís

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look splendid mate! How do you actually track down a PSP box? Also, would you mind dropping me a PM on our Australasian connection? Iím intrigued what they get compared to us.....!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Those Hoyos look great Henrik.

PS perhaps the cracked foot occurred during transit? I guess the vendor would have no control over that.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Wow...just gotta love a 50 cab....not many out there any more...cracked foot means ready to sample now

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SHAMZ84 View Post
    Wow...just gotta love a 50 cab....not many out there any more...cracked foot means ready to sample now
    Thatís a GREAT IDEA Shamz, LOL

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I agree with Shamz - the one with the cracked foot is crying out "smoke me now Henrik"

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Sorry but what's PSP

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by oskihen View Post
    Sorry but what's PSP

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    It's skating into talking about other places that we shouldn't discuss in open forum here.

It's a term a foreign seller uses to grade stock.
    .--
    I think I may finally have this CAD under control...