User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do you smoke?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Definitely for relaxation, gives me time away from my phone and my laptop to reflect and recharge the batteries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Not allowed!

I also treat a cigar as a reward, or even a ritual, like tea in Japan almost.

For me a cigar is a luxury item, and therefore everything surrounding the experience should be exactly how I want it to be; the weather, the company (or lack thereof), the beverage pairing and so on. I'm not afraid to refrain if I feel that I don't have time to complete the ritual properly - these aren't cigarettes we are smoking, and I don't want to feel like an addict cowering inside a smoking shelter, trying to get a quick hit!
    "I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time." Mark Twain

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I also like that I can smoke for over an hour and abuse the cigarette and vapists!

Sent from the interwebz
    .--
    I think I may finally have this CAD under control...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Great thread and I agree with the majority; I enjoy buulding my collection, the cutting, the lighting, seeing the smoke as it rises, the flavours and the smell, (which takes me back to being a child and smelling my late father's cigars, usually around Christmas time).
    It's a lovely passtime especially when smoking with friends.
    I also associate it with special events...birth of my children, a wedding or a day at the races.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Originally I liked to smoke a cigar to relax and normally with a large glass of whisky. I drive for a living and a stereotypical working class Scotsman – so that means I won’t drink if I’m driving the next day and I binge drink when im not working lol.

Ive been of the fags for years now and im a vaper, I will never smoke cigs again as long as the vape is around but sometimes I get the mental urge to smoke and having a cigar is the cheats way. The impracticality of lighting up a Cuban when this urge strikes, Meant that I also kept some mini cigars on stand by and I had maybe 2 a month and 1 Cuban.

This part may sound bad but it is what it is : I feel good about myself when smoking a nice cigar and sometimes when im feeling that way ill have a cigar! Maybe it’s the rarity or cost etc. but i simply feel good and yes – in a self-important kind of way – when I get a new job, job well done or good news – ill spark one up in a mini celebration or reward.

After a long hard week is a good excuse but I have loads of excuses and never any reasons. I also like to feel good as much as possible lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I need things to obsess over ....

Some, like shotguns and Orchids are a constant, others like cigars, motorbikes and most recently cars until I made a purchase, are more emphemeral.

iIs there a car thread ? ��