User Tag List

Thread: Cigar cutter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cigar cutter

0 Not allowed!

Evening all newbie here. Just a quick question about cigar cutters. Now I have a double blade straight cutter but Iv seen some v cutters for sale. So my question is what is the difference having a straight cutter to having a v shape cutter.

Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Its all a matter of taste Rory although I do find that if the cap feels a little brittle the V cut is less likely to displace it. Why don't you pop over to the newbie thread and say hello?
    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

As most of us do, I have at least one of every type of cutter, but always default to a 7mm punch. It's personal preference. Try them all

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike72 View Post
    As most of us do, I have at least one of every type of cutter, but always default to a 7mm punch. It's personal preference. Try them all
    I favour a punch too..started straight then v then punch..ifnits a smaller RG then a straight cut is my preference..anything robusto size and over i tend to punch it

Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

One suggestion I would say is don't buy any cheapy for your main one....your better buying a proper cutter as most of the cutters these days have a life time warranty...so are worth it in the long run...I bought cheapy ones first and they kept getting blunt then bought a xkair X2 and never looked back.

Now just need to do the same with my punch

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

If you want to try a V cutter but donít want to spend too much these are great for the money - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222745027154

I find a V cut gives a cleaner smoke as in less nicotine residue and less little bits of tobacco on you lips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rory85 View Post
    Evening all newbie here. Just a quick question about cigar cutters. Now I have a double blade straight cutter but Iv seen some v cutters for sale. So my question is what is the difference having a straight cutter to having a v shape cutter.
    My preference is a V-Cut. I find the draw is my easier than using a straight cut. I tend to use the straight cut for smaller ring-gauges; anything wider than a petit corona usually gets V-Cut. I punch larger RG box-pressed sticks.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Hm... I have to say, I never tried a V cut, not a punch. Somehow I didn't want to spend money on various cutters, not believing that the flavour would change much. But having read this again now, I think I will take my trusty old scalpel and give some cigars different cuts with it, checking if I can see a difference.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

My go to cutter tends to be a duo punch in 8mm and 11mm for majority of my smokes. Pyramids i tend to use the V-cut. I use straight cuts if the draw appears tight after I punch, and before bringing out the perfecdraw if further loosening of the draw is required