User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Brexit?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • I voted leave and I am happy.

2 22.22%
  • I voted leave and I am NOT happy.

2 22.22%
  • I voted remain and I am happy.

0 0%
  • I voted remain and I am NOT happy.

5 55.56%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brexit, What to do next?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Not allowed!

My initial reaction when Cameron opted to roll the dice again and give us a vote on the continued membership of the E.U was...Why are they asking us to do it? Now i am not saying that people are uneducated or foolish as some of the hard brixiteers have suggested when the point gets raised(Gove,Johnson,Rees-Mogg)simply that,we the public can't possibly know as much about what the politicians do about the E.U,after all this is the kind of thing that we elect THEM to do...or do they just want to be paid for nothing now as well

What we should have been given was a survey on what parts of the EU we liked and disliked and then that could have been a starting block for the government to work on with the EU...Now i am not saying that we would have got what we wanted but...in that scenario at least the EU have a break down of what people like and dislike,after all we are one of the biggest contributors to the EU and are also one of the more multi-cultural nations in the EU. Therefore they have a wide and varied opinion on the problems inside the EU and it is highly probable that other big contributors with vast multi-cultural societies(France,Germany) will come up with many of the same dislikes about being a part of the EU.Merkel and Macron wont even give their respective electorate any kind of say over the EU membership because they are frightened of what they might hear from their own people and,that would threaten the future of the EU and the Euro as we know it currently.It is a shame,with all of the terrorism in Europe at the minute,i think we may have been able to come up with an amicable agreement had the initial talk about the continued membership of the EU been handled differently by David Cameron in the first place.

I Voted in but i am sick of hearing about it to be honest
    Last edited by Marbleman85; 21-12-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Well put!

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Not allowed!

For me, we must leave and we must not be (openly) worried about no deal - And I voted remain!

There was a democratic vote and the result was clear. The argument that we didnít know what we were voting for, exactly, is total nonsense. Note to leavers that want to use that argument, in future, if you donít know what youíre voting for, the only safe bet is the status quo.

I voted remain, but respect the result. I donít think people should be allowed to change their mind. Out it is.

Prior to Mrs Mays appointment, the one thing everyone said about her was that she was an excellent negotiator. Therefore, I have to believe that her current deal is all the EU is willing to give. If there is a peopleís vote, the options can only be a. Mayís deal b. No deal.

We must sure up on the no deal option, then it becomes a battle of wills to see if the EU comes back with a better deal at the last minute or early in to no deal. It could be a tough road but weíll come through.

Remain still would have been better, but letís get it done!