User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 91

Thread: Separation

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Long Ditton, Surrey
    Posts
    1,385
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    1 Not allowed!

    Hopefully she open's up to the idea of help Simon, I have been through similar with my Mrs' suffering with Anxiety & Depression now on Sertraline and thing's are good again, I found it hard to get my head round having not really dealt with it to the extent she was but how much difference one little tablet a day can make is incredible.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium.
    Posts
    5,906
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


    2 Not allowed!

    Cheers Joey, aye, I know Sertaline & have several patients on it; my only concern is some have been on it for yrs - some 10yrs! I would hope a short course of 4-6months would have be a big help, as she has no previous history of depression. Glad your wife sought help in the end, I'll be doing my best to make sure Mrs B does so in due course.
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    573
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Lol at some of the comments.
    50 is age and not dress size, numbers or anything else.
    Will certainly be interesting going dating again at my age. No such thing as the Internet when I was out on the pull.
    Sad to hear you're situation is worse Simon. Fingers cross for you both especially as she sounds interested in staying together.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    brabourne kent
    Posts
    3,704
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    No doubt there will be a huge number of 45 to 50ish ladies out there available who have just walked out on there marriages looking for a new start. It's a crazy world. As they say the grass is always greener.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    London, North
    Posts
    4,070
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    This is a very sobering thread. Good luck to anyone going through difficulties.
    .--
    I think I may finally have this CAD under control...

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium.
    Posts
    5,906
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by oskihen View Post
    No doubt there will be a huge number of 45 to 50ish ladies out there available who have just walked out on there marriages looking for a new start. It's a crazy world. As they say the grass is always greener.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Indeed James, just swapping one set of problems for another. And you can re-marry but you can't replace the yrs of shared memories. If the love is still there despite the problems that lead to the marital crisis leading to a possible break up, then it's surely worth fighting for. I know I could cope on my own (I didn't marry until I was 31yo, quite late in those days), smoke & go fishing as often I liked but at the end of the day not having someone to come home too, to tell my tales too & then go out the next day & do something more important together, would be an emptier life & one I'd rather avoid if possible. I took my vows 'for richer for poorer, in sickness & in health for better or worse'. As it happens we have both been pretty lucky on all three counts so far, time to be tested a little more.
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    London/Essex Boarder
    Posts
    1,164
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Separation


    2 Not allowed!

    In the words of one of the other members of this forum Plenty of fish.

    When my marriage fell apart I was astounded at how many single 45 -55 year old eager women there are out there. If I’d have known it earlier maybe the marriage wouldn’t have lasted as long. However one lesson I learned why remarry, been there once not going there again. I’ve been in a happy relationship for 2-3 years now, we each maintain our own houses and spend 3- 4 days a week together at one or other house, but we still have our own space.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    573
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    1 Not allowed!

    Good to know there are some out there. I guess the concern is the ratio of nice to nutters is much less than the first time round.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium.
    Posts
    5,906
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by jerryr View Post
    In the words of one of the other members of this forum Plenty of fish.

    When my marriage fell apart I was astounded at how many single 45 -55 year old eager women there are out there. If I’d have known it earlier maybe the marriage wouldn’t have lasted as long. However one lesson I learned why remarry, been there once not going there again. I’ve been in a happy relationship for 2-3 years now, we each maintain our own houses and spend 3- 4 days a week together at one or other house, but we still have our own space.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed Jerry, always said I wouldn't marry again (unlikely to be as lucky for a start) but a relationship like your gives you both space & benefits, enjoy!
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wallington, Surrey
    Posts
    18,558
    Mentioned
    650 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Bolivar View Post
    Agreed Jerry, always said I wouldn't marry again (unlikely to be as lucky for a start) but a relationship like your gives you both space & benefits, enjoy!
    Same here Simon, my wife could never be replaced.
    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •