Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your first box purchase?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Emaresee View Post
    Monte no2... the gateway drug to a massive CAD problem!!!
    im only now getting ha_banos CAD signature now! thought he was into autocad or something lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Not allowed!

I'm sure it's been done before .. but I couldn't find the thread. A few of us were chatting the other day and the topic of your first box purchase came up.

What did you open your box purchase account with?

Mine was a box of Partagas P2 that was part of a bundle put together by a tobacconist in Exeter back in the days when mail order meant mail order! I had a flyer through the post offering up marqua branded humidors with a box or two of appropriate sticks to fill them. I chose a black lacquered Partagas branded humi with a box of P2. It was supposed to also have a box of D4.... but I got him to do the deal with only half a box! I still have some of the P2's (from '08 i think)... the D4's ('06)were I thought all gone but recently found 2 at the bottom of the humi!

My first box purchase was a box of 25 Punch Punch and a box of 25 RyJ Exhibition No.3

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Not allowed!

My first box was Punch: Punch Punch.
    A 2001 box with lots of draw problems....grrrr

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Not allowed!

monte 2 seems to have been a popular choice as a first box from the chat I was in... and here too..

Monte no2... the gateway drug to a massive CAD problem!!!
    Yeah, but rightly so - the most sold Cuban I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hookmaker View Post
    Yeah, but rightly so - the most sold Cuban I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nah... The Monte 4 was always more popular and was apparently the most sold CC until recently when the D4 overtook it.... It Cigar Aficionado is to be believed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Not allowed!

Mag 48 was my first full and proper box. Spent a good few years buying singles then it really bit once I had space for a whole box... Laughable now looking at the two scuba boxes stuffed full

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Not allowed!

I got two boxes together - a box of Fonseca KDT Cadetes and a box of HdM Petit Robustos

The next day I then bought a box of Monte 2s (which is what I wanted in the first place but the first shop didn't have a 10 box)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevieboy View Post
    Nah... The Monte 4 was always more popular and was apparently the most sold CC until recently when the D4 overtook it.... It Cigar Aficionado is to be believed
    Yes Stevie, I believe this is true. The biggest seller was the Monte No4 for yrs, mostly by being the most available & not being too strong or spicy, it appealed to the interested & newbies alike. How many of us had a No4 as our first Cuban? I am one, know there are many more. In the good ol' days restaurants & hotels bars would have them in a small humi, which they would pass around after a meal. Every B&M outlet had them & they were a reasonable quality.
    If you follow the top selling list on the Gesto's website over the last 10yrs, Party D4 took over the top spot & is still there I believe. I used to really enjoy the Monte No4's in my early days, went off them when I discovered other brands & vitolas with more flav & more progression when smoked. Strangely, despite counting myself Party fan the series D No4 has never floated my boat. As for the Monte no2, yes a true classic & deserves to hold it's place as one of the great mid priced, mid sized vitolas, perhaps surprisingly I have only ever brought a single box of 10 that's in my coolidor right now, bought several years ago & ready for smoking now; just got a few singles to smoke first.
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.