Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dipped in Honey

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Bolivar View Post
    Something wrong there, even CC's (Cuban Custom rolled) should be a flavoursome smoke.
    I agree I've bought back 30 odd of Alex's and they're some of the nicest cigars I ever smoked and tried a couple other rollers in other shops which I've enjoyed but this I think was less about quality and more quick cash from unknowing tourists, as well as honey and coffee in plastic water bottles. The prices for all were incredibly high for what they were. ($30 for a bottle of rum and more for their cigars than from Alex)

Mentioned
    650 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Alex Glez is indeed a highly rated roller but even he can have an off day. I hadn't noticed when I took delivery of this batch that one of them had been patched, not seen that before.

And it was plugged. This is what I pulled out with the Perfecdraw to make it smokable

61969305_10157504651176654_8108681590927785984_n.jpg

To add insult to injury it appears to have reached its sick period and was so bitter I binned it. The rest of the batch is sleeping till next year.
    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Ouch. Such a shame. Committing arson to an expensive stick is one thing, criminal damage quite another
    David