User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Davidoff cigar movie : from seed to smoke

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Ive never really liked Davidoffs. his own story - amassing smokes from other sellers in about-to-be-occupied Europe is interesting though. This film is good - the plantation men in the white suits...I wonder how nice they really are? Bit of an air of 'lets make money and hang the rest', but that might have been my take on it.
    David

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Camacho and Avo seem to be additional Davidoff owned brands. Not sure if there are others.

In the movie they refer to the top quality demands for the parent brand.

There's the point that even perfect cigars, that have passed all quality controls and expectations could be rejected if the final colour is a tad too light at the final box matching stage. Wonder what happens to those!

The cigar market can be very very fussy indeed.

There was also the mention of the benefits of having the cello wrappers too for those who were asking whether to keep them or not. Basically keep them
    .--
    I think I may finally have this CAD under control...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by puff o'wind View Post
    Ive never really liked Davidoffs. his own story - amassing smokes from other sellers in about-to-be-occupied Europe is interesting though. This film is good - the plantation men in the white suits...I wonder how nice they really are? Bit of an air of 'lets make money and hang the rest', but that might have been my take on it.
    That was my take too. I try not to judge but couldn’t help not really like the main “white shirt” in the interview. He mentions “investment” and money a lot - rubbing his fingers together a few times to many for me.

A definite air of exploitation comes through; this may just be me and before im berated - maybe I have watched too much TV etc

Looking at my own Davidoff cigars and my own experience of them. They are fantastic cigars!

Very educational and I enjoyed it a lot – just being honest and I felt a bit privileged (in the wrong way) to own some….

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

I agree Davidoff are excellent cigars!

As to exploitation and the finer things in life, there are very few things produced which have a privilege attached to purchasing/owning/consuming, which do not have various forms of exploitation in all its ugly forms, attached to producing them. A sad reflection possibly on the state of societies in which we live

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitola View Post
    I agree Davidoff are excellent cigars!

As to exploitation and the finer things in life, there are very few things produced which have a privilege attached to purchasing/owning/consuming, which do not have various forms of exploitation in all its ugly forms, attached to producing them. A sad reflection possibly on the state of societies in which we live
    thats what i meant but said in with less eloquence