User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: July 2019

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Tonight I smoked the pale version. Very tasty, mild and a good smooth burn all the way. A very pleasant Woody aroma, some pepper and a hint of chocolate all the way through. The last third had distinct aromas which I couldn't describe but which were perfectly set off with a glass of whisky my son was drinking ( I didn't imbibe).

All in all a delicious stick. I look forward to the dark wrapped stick to compare.

Lovely smoke. Thanks.
    David

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I screwed this up by not cutting enough off and got all annoyed at the tight draw. Came to my senses and chopped another bit off lol – lovely

Here’s my take. Its probably one of my 1st dark wrappers. Before lighting this I couldn’t make my mind up on the smell. Was either chocolate ice cream, liquorice rolling papers or the smell you get from a fresh box of cigs – when you pull the shiny paper off and have a good close, sniff lol. I didn’t choose one but it reminded me of all 3.

This was a little on the strong side for me. Once i trimmed it down a bit, it went from hard work with a bit of smoke to whoooosh! Probably why it was a bit strong for me?

I slowed it down and as I had just finished dinner – I relaxed and got into it. it was really nice and noticed the chocolate and liquorice taste again, but much calmer – some one mentioned creamy and treacle?

TBH ive been looking forward to this stick and glad I finally had a nice, warm evening to enjoy it! I’ve read that darker wrappers are no indication of strength. I cant say for sure how much stronger this is, over what ive tried so far, but it was. It may just be the liquorice taste.

At one point I thought It may be an infused cigar or the tobacco was aged in whisky barrels like the last hour etc,,,, but ive little experience as of yet and is only a comparison with not much else to compare to

Lovely stuff – look forward to the other.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by glezga View Post

I screwed this up by not cutting enough off and got all annoyed at the tight draw. Came to my senses and chopped another bit off lol – lovely

Here’s my take. Its probably one of my 1st dark wrappers. Before lighting this I couldn’t make my mind up on the smell. Was either chocolate ice cream, liquorice rolling papers or the smell you get from a fresh box of cigs – when you pull the shiny paper off and have a good close, sniff lol. I didn’t choose one but it reminded me of all 3.

This was a little on the strong side for me. Once i trimmed it down a bit, it went from hard work with a bit of smoke to whoooosh! Probably why it was a bit strong for me?

I slowed it down and as I had just finished dinner – I relaxed and got into it. it was really nice and noticed the chocolate and liquorice taste again, but much calmer – some one mentioned creamy and treacle?

TBH ive been looking forward to this stick and glad I finally had a nice, warm evening to enjoy it! I’ve read that darker wrappers are no indication of strength. I cant say for sure how much stronger this is, over what ive tried so far, but it was. It may just be the liquorice taste.

At one point I thought It may be an infused cigar or the tobacco was aged in whisky barrels like the last hour etc,,,, but ive little experience as of yet and is only a comparison with not much else to compare to

Lovely stuff – look forward to the other.
    Not infused in any way, that much I cab tell.

It's funny you mentioned the strength. I never perceived it as strong, medium maybe, but reading reviews of this cigar, a few people mentioned this one was to strong dir them...

The other one is a bit shorter, so you should be alright.

Oh and I too find myself recutting this one on a regular basis...

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I meant to say @Niela I smoked the lighter one the day after it arrived. It was a solid smoke, quality construction and I enjoyed it thoroughly from start to finish. Haven't a scooby what it could be and also haven't had a chance to smoke its swarthy counterpart yet.

Anyway, great choice for COTM.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Yes I second that. The pale one was Delicious
    David

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Glad to hear that people are generally liking these...

It's not just me then...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Anybody not had theirs yet?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I have just had my second one tonight - much milder than the first one and I think I prefer the more muted flavour profile - seems more balanced than the dark one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

ive still to have the light one, plan to have it tomorrow

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Alright guys, would you like me to reveal?