User Tag List

Thread: Best Aging Marca?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best Aging Marca?

0 Not allowed!

Itís likely a topic thatís been covered before however a little under a third of the way through this 2010 Hoyo DC and Iím thinking about how good all the aged Hoyoís Iíve had/got are.

Itís been one of the big surprises of my cigar learning as I assumed being quite a light bodied cigar they wouldnít have the legs for long term aging and the Bolivars and Partagas of the world would fare best.

But this is beautiful, as are my 2009 Epi 1ís, Iíve had amazing Des Dieux, although small I have some old Du Prince which are beautiful and although Iíve not smoked many the older my Epicure Especial get the better they are.

Is HDM the greatest Cuban marca for aging?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

My experience is of course very limited, but I have som des Dieux from late nineties and they’re great, but I find HdM too light. A punch panetellas largas from early eighties I found much better, stronger and to my taste. But I’d really like to try some of the “stronger” oldies like Bolivar “as they were”, la Escepcion etc.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hookmaker View Post
    My experience is of course very limited, but I have som des Dieux from late nineties and they’re great, but I find HdM too light. A punch panetellas largas from early eighties I found much better, stronger and to my taste. But I’d really like to try some of the “stronger” oldies like Bolivar “as they were”, la Escepcion etc.
    They are light, no doubt, but somehow seem to get more flavourful the older they get. Saying that, a 20 year old Partagas Lusitania was the best cigar I’ve ever smoked.