User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NC Names

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

My biggest confusion with NC naming is how complicated some of the names/lines are.

In Cuba you have the brand and the different vitola, maybe with a few extra ones thrown in for LE/RE or whatever. But on the whole you generally know what you're getting.

NC have brands within brands, and then different lines with all different names with different wrappers (okay, wrappers are fairly self explanatory). But then the vitola aren't always clear because they've given them completely unrelated names to differentiate between them. I suppose it's due to the range they have available to them and the fact a brand can make anything from a mild Connecticut to a big, bold Maduro cigar with leaves from all over the world.

I shouldn't complain because I do like that range they offer. I suppose the Americans are a lot more familiar with them and will know, as soon as they hear a specific series/line, exactly what they're getting. But compared to the Cuban world, they require a bit more research to determine which specific cigars from which brand and series are worth smoking.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    724 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Good Stick View Post
    How about Acid for a really inviting name!

Drew Estate however, good things grow there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You've not found MUWATs then, it originally stood for My Uzi Weighs A Ton but they had to change the name when Uzi complained. It came about when one of the guards at Jonathan Drew's factory in Nicaragua complained about his weapon.
    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

The zombie antidote has to be up there with the weirdest.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    You've not found MUWATs then, it originally stood for My Uzi Weighs A Ton but they had to change the name when Uzi complained. It came about when one of the guards at Jonathan Drew's factory in Nicaragua complained about his weapon.
    Hahaha!! Great to think that on passing a guard one morning and hearing them complaining of the weight of a 9mm Uzi - You think.... “ I know”

He must have been smoking an Acid on the way to the office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    That is brilliant

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk