Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oliva

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Emaresee View Post
    I think I have some of the Melanio Series V Robusto reserva... if that's likely to flick your switch I can check my stock this evening and tell you how much?
    Yes would be intrigued by their Melanio range, let me know if you've got anything you can spare

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Emaresee View Post
    I think I have some of the Melanio Series V Robusto reserva... if that's likely to flick your switch I can check my stock this evening and tell you how much?
    Another gorgeous looking stick, not letting any of mine go.
    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    Another gorgeous looking stick, not letting any of mine go.
    I smoked one in Cigaragua amsterdam. it was fantastic so rich yet smooth and easy.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by simwells View Post
    Interesting, anyone got any of the other Oliva V's outside of the Double Robusto and Lancero they'd spare so I can do a bit of a comparison?
    Iíve got one last Serie V Melanio Torpedo which is about 4 years old now but I canít bring myself to smoke it. I do however have a few Serie V Melanio Edicion Limitada 2017 which is a Double Toro (60RG) so pretty girthy. Lovely smoke though. As itís not regular production you may struggle to find a box if you fell in love with them though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Yes would be intrigued by their Melanio range, let me know if you've got anything you can spare
    PM'd you...
    "Dear heart, you're talking to a man- a real man- who drinks straight Tequilla, with lime and salt on the rim, and smokes cigars" (J Zavala)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Anyone know how the limited editions (2017 & 2018) of the Olivaís compare other than not being box pressed Iím struggling to find much information on how they are to smoke compared to the standards

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Anyone know how the limited editions (2017 & 2018) of the Olivaís compare other than not being box pressed Iím struggling to find much information on how they are to smoke compared to the standards

The 17 is a large RG that Iím not sure is found in the standard line and a blend only used in this release thatís been aged before rolling. In terms of how different they are, I canít tell you as Iíve not had them recently but the wrapper on the 17 is definitely darker than the regular Melanio line (but doesnít say Maduro like the Melanio Maduro does).

Itís nice though!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Different vitolas give you different flavour. I spoke to the blender who made the Dalay Affentanz (last month's cigar of the month), which comes in two different wrappers. One of them is half an inch shorter than the other. When I asked him why that is, I was surprised that he told me they tried various lengths and the brighter wrapper simply tasted better when the cigar was half an inch shorter.

I guess we'll never know, but when you try different sizes of cigars, you can definitely taste differences. I bought a few boxes of the Melanio series at an airport. First I had tried two churchills and I loved them. On my way back they only had the double figuardos available, so I bought them. I never liked them anywhere as much as I did the Churchill. Wouldn't buy them again, but would snap some up instantly if i could get a good deal on the larger sizes.