Thread: Simon Bolivar's Vintage Photos.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Simon Bolivar's Vintage Photos.

0 Not allowed!

As I can't compress my new picks it occurred to me, I already have hundreds on this site 90% of which newer members will never have seen & therefore may be of some interest. So here's a few to start with: 1/ My one time little collection of Havana's slimmest: Cohiba Panatela, Punch Margarita, RG Cigarritas, Monte Joyita & Hoyo Margaritas. 2/ Smoking the Punch Margaritas, a Carolinas 26 x 4 3/4 Discon' 2009, in Luxenburg City, with a fine Belgian beer. 3, 4 & 5/ Dippy No1 Cervantes (Lonsdales) 2001 smoked at a herf down at the Barbican, Devonport, with the old Club Habanos. 6/ My collection as it was circa 2006. 7/ My first Hoyo DC smoked at the Blue Posts Pub on my first Herf. 7/ My local Cafe in Antwerp on the Simon Bolivar Plaats & 9/ My first Diadema, smoked inside my local cafe, pre-smoking ban in Belgium. This is an amazing vitola, lasts up of 3hrs & several beers doesn't change much but if you enjoy the Cuaba profile you really should try one before they all disappear.
    LaguitoNo3sB.F3301.jpgPunch.marg.2008.08.23_0930.jpgDippy.No1.2009.04.11_0776.jpgCH.Herf.2009.04.11_0773.jpgCH.Herf.2009.04.11_0780.jpgCigarCollection.06.06.jpgHoyo.DC.SimonBolivar.jpgBolivar'sCafe.06.2007.0314.jpgCuaba.Diademas.2010.01.13_133.jpg
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Part 2: One of my fav summer smokes, when one has time to smoke them really slowly, LGC No3, smoked in Leuven, Belgium; visiting daughter at Uni there. Late May 2010 025.jpgLate May 2010 022.jpgA bit of a mistake here, smoking a Party Short after a very light breakfast, this baby was the right size but way too strong for me then, so early in the day. Lesson learned.Late May 2010 016.jpgCH.Herf.07.12.12F_0502.jpg On hol's in Calpe, Spain 2009, with a PL Magnificos, an amazing cigar when so young but I wonder if it's worth the price they fetch today? PL.Magnificos.2009.08.22. 137.jpg. H.Upmann No46, wit the The Peñon Ifach, behind me. Staying at my sister-in-law's bar o the beach front, this are very reliable & flavorsome sticks. H.Up.Mag46.2009.08.12.116.jpg, An earlier 2007 holiday in Spain, with a Monte.Monte.A.5.Spain2007-07-20.50mins_0065.JPG"Moonlight Over The Peñon Ifach"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

It’s nice you can relate a particular cigar with a time in your life you enjoyed, memories every time you’re smoking one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Midas View Post
    It’s nice you can relate a particular cigar with a time in your life you enjoyed, memories every time you’re smoking one
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers Midas, indeed memories are everything but its lucky I started a detailed Cigar diary back in 2000, & I have every cigar recorded since 2004. Just a few notes & I can recall the event & the people (if not their names!), which otherwise would be long lost in the either of time. I would highly recommend others doing the same, even if only for special cigar moment.

In addition I have 7,000 cigar photos, all alphabetically filled on my hard drive, by marca/vitola/date smoked. With that info I can go to my written diary to get the rest of the details. Thus I have created library of cigars past & present. Plenty if which are now discontinued & would be hard to find to take another shot. Its a sign of how many evenings I have spent on the rig filing & writing them all up, along with my fishing diary & nearly 3,000 fishy photos.