User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bee keeping

Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Not allowed!

My granddaughters (10 years and 21 months) are both obsessed with bees at the moment. We had to rescue a bumble bee last week and give it some sugar water to sip on.

'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by puff o'wind View Post
    It is a hobby for me. We just like watching the bees around the garden. They make a huge, huge difference to the flowers and fruit though.
    ditto... I have had a day playing in hives... and they are just fascinating creatures who mostly ignore you! After an initial hesitance I just got about the obs we were asked to, and then you end up looking down and being amazed that your hands are covered in bees who just see you as a 'thing' not a threat or a problem. I found it gloriously calming. I understand that if a bee thinks you are a problem, then calm is the last thing life can be, but staying calm is king!

honey would be nice side benefit.
    "Dear heart, you're talking to a man- a real man- who drinks straight Tequilla, with lime and salt on the rim, and smokes cigars" (J Zavala)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    My granddaughters (10 years and 21 months) are both obsessed with bees at the moment. We had to rescue a bumble bee last week and give it some sugar water to sip on.

Great picture!