User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Golf ball through a straw !

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    661
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    This can happen with Cubans and almost never does with NCs depends how loose a draw you like too. I’d second or third getting a perfecdraw they’re not cheap but the first time you can smoke a Cohiba that would have been chucked you’ll be glad you’ve got it.

    Also if you know when you’ll be smoking one and they’re at 69 id dry box them at least a couple of days before


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    4,951
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by potpest View Post
    Some like 69% here but i prefer 65%. I store at 18c/65% and find it's definitely the sweet spot for me. I tried 62% in the past but now think that was a mistake. Maybe try 65%, although I have also found it may take a while for everything to dry out from 69% to 65%.
    This!

    I believe I read somewhere that humidity drops 1% per month.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    London, North
    Posts
    4,521
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by gojira View Post
    This!

    I believe I read somewhere that humidity drops 1% per month.
    This sounds real. The humidity measured by hygrometer fluctuates a helluva lot compared with inside a box or even inside a cigar! Again an example of cigars and patience...
    .--
    I think I may finally have this CAD under control...

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    INJOYS Perfect Cigar Draw Enhancer Tool,Cigar Twin Nubbers for Cigar Lovers https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T1CB8..._Kf94DbJ1FZXTW

    I bought one of these as an alternative to the perfecdraw. Not had to use it yet, and not sure how it compares to the official perfecdraw... But seems a more sensible price for what it is.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    London, North
    Posts
    4,521
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by kern47 View Post
    INJOYS Perfect Cigar Draw Enhancer Tool,Cigar Twin Nubbers for Cigar Lovers https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T1CB8..._Kf94DbJ1FZXTW

    I bought one of these as an alternative to the perfecdraw. Not had to use it yet, and not sure how it compares to the official perfecdraw... But seems a more sensible price for what it is.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Hmmm perecdraw has barbs on it so it probably extracts a lot better than that one does at a guess.

    For just shy of 30£ for a one time purchase I'd recommend the PD.

    https://www.cgarsltd.co.uk/perfecdra...r-p-25817.html
    .--
    I think I may finally have this CAD under control...

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    661
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    They’re expensive for what it is in many ways but as long as you don’t lose it should last forever and it is definitely better than any of the other alternatives.

    For me worth the investment as it doesn’t take many saved sticks to justify the cost


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    The cheap one definitely doesnt look as vicious/effective as the PD, but fingers crossed will still do the trick for a quarter of the price.

    Any tips for using them? When the time finally arrives... I'd be scared to make things worse and just be picking bits out of my teeth the whole way down.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    661
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by kern47 View Post
    The cheap one definitely doesnt look as vicious/effective as the PD, but fingers crossed will still do the trick for a quarter of the price.

    Any tips for using them? When the time finally arrives... I'd be scared to make things worse and just be picking bits out of my teeth the whole way down.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Basically just slowly insert it right down the centre try to keep it straight and central to not create an air tunnel off centre that could encourage uneven burn.

    You can always just put it in partially and gradually increase the depth until it suits


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Cheers Guys,

    I've checked my other JLP and they don't feel as tightly rolled so maybe it was just the two petit cazadores I had.

    I'll keep the perfect draw in mind though.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    2,748
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    1 Not allowed!

    As soon as I started storing cigar at 65 humidity I noticed an improvement on how all my cigars smoke so I would recommend giving that a try

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •