User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: singles vs boxes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I also like to buy multiples so that I dont feel too put out if I decide to share them with friends if the opportunity arises. I have a bunch of relatively cheap singles, but wont hand them out because I feel I want to try as many as I possibly can.

That being said, I've never had a cigar I've had to put down, although I've found a few I wont be bothering with again.

Might be useful to get an app to help you track/rate them as you go. I use Cigar Scanner, although there may be others which work better.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

i do like a ten box...

outside of the summer my smoking slows right down. It isnt so very rapid in the summer mind you. Anyhow this is where I think 10 stck boxes suit me... a really neat size to enjoy, age and savour. never feel too bad about buying two either!
    "Dear heart, you're talking to a man- a real man- who drinks straight Tequilla, with lime and salt on the rim, and smokes cigars" (J Zavala)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

The other weekend I bought 10 from a box of 25 with a couple of years age on them, I wish I bought the whole lot as they have been some of the most enjoyable smokes I have had which I didn't expect but I didn't want to commit to a box of 25. They were Roman Allones Special

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Never judge a cigar on one example though. You may buy a single or a couple of singles of something and not like them, but then find a magical box down the line. The variability is high in the CC game. NCs maybe not so much, but I don't buy boxes of those.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I tend to purchase 5 sticks which gives me plenty of opportunity to get to know the brand and whether i enjoy it. Generally smoke the first 3 a few months apart and stick the other 2 in deep storage.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

I've been smoking cigars for about 3 years now and still haven't bought a box.... manly due to the upfront outlay.

I have now found a handful of cubans i will certainly be looking to get boxes of in the future, however I still like buying singles, i'll always buy a minimum of two or three as this gives me the option to try there and then and set a few down to try later down the line to see if my tastes and palette has changed or not.

I am old fashioned and have a little notebook I use to note down my opinions and tasting notes of each cigar I smoke, I list the date, where I was, what I may have been doing, and what I was drinking as I find these factors can alter the way I feel about a cigar.

for example I had a few partagas on my honeymoon and loved them, I've since had a few others and not been so fond of them, now is that the cigar on it's own or is it a mixture of the cigar and the situation in which I was smoking it... it's a terrible circle but i'll have to keep trying cigars to see if I actually like them or not... what a great shame!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

as others have said definately singes is the way to go. If you like them buy a box to smoke and reserve.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I guess if you're browsing shops and want something with a few years on it boxes are good if you find one
    Cigar noob