Thread: Romeo Y Julieta puritos, clubs and minis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Romeo Y Julieta puritos, clubs and minis

0 Not allowed!

Hello experts!

Are these just as good as the big ones? Also, do these also have to be kept in humidors or are these dry cured? I'm thinking one a day......affordable.....CGars Ltd have a good deal on these ones.

Thanks

Noob

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

To be honest, at best a mini cigar is just about okay. They're definitely nothing to write home about. Better to smoke less but smoke better as a wise old man (Simon B) once told me many moons ago

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

It depends what youíre after really I am partial to the occasional in these formats but normally because Iím out with other people and I canít get away with spending the time to enjoy a proper smoke.

Party Chicoís are definitely my favourites out of the Cohiba/Monte/Party/Quintero options that Iíve tried. They may hit the spot if you want a very short smoke for certain occasions and theyíre cheap enough that thereís no real loss if you donít like them. But as Stevie said donít expect these to live up to being just a shorter version of a normal smoke they donít have the body to give the same enjoyment and flavour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

I keep mine in the humidor. Don't be tempted by the Cohibas thinking you're getting a bargain, they don't really taste like the real thing and I often found myself with strands of tobacco in my mouth afterrwards.
    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    I keep mine in the humidor. Don't be tempted by the Cohibas thinking you're getting a bargain, they don't really taste like the real thing and I often found myself with strands of tobacco in my mouth afterrwards.
    Thanks!
    Which ones do you prefer out of the minis/clubs/puritos etc.?

Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ZomB View Post
    Thanks!
    Which ones do you prefer out of the minis/clubs/puritos etc.?
    I've not been impressed with Cuban minis, the NC ones are better IMHO
    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

I always kept a handy stock of Cuban littlies, they're a half-way decent smoke when you're short on time or when the weather's being unfriendly. The tastes do vary within the brands, and I always thought it better to enjoy what a smaller smoke offers than to rush a 5 size Cuban or similar. Of the mini's I thought the Cohiba x50 tin version was very good but just shaded by the Partagas. In Panatela size, don't bother with anything other than the x25 Partagas Chico or the x25 Quintero. The Club field is a little more open although I always thought the Montecristo the standout.

Tips. Mini's and Club. Go for tins wherever possible. If you smoke outside (as I used to), don't leave card packs in the conservatory after September — you're smokes will go soggy.
    If you want to, you can.
    And, if you can, you must!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tippexx View Post
    I always kept a handy stock of Cuban littlies, they're a half-way decent smoke when you're short on time or when the weather's being unfriendly. The tastes do vary within the brands, and I always thought it better to enjoy what a smaller smoke offers than to rush a 5 size Cuban or similar. Of the mini's I thought the Cohiba x50 tin version was very good but just shaded by the Partagas. In Panatela size, don't bother with anything other than the x25 Partagas Chico or the x25 Quintero. The Club field is a little more open although I always thought the Montecristo the standout.

Tips. Mini's and Club. Go for tins wherever possible. If you smoke outside (as I used to), don't leave card packs in the conservatory after September ó you're smokes will go soggy.
    This reads as if you prefer clubs and minis to the puritoís, my experience had always been the opposite. Which I thought was down to the fact the purito size are short filler but I thought the others were just rolled Cuban tobacco. Am I wrong with that? As thereís a good chance Iíve completely made it up! But I do know the clubs and minis do tend to be a lot more likely to shed tobacco into your mouth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    I've not been impressed with Cuban minis, the NC ones are better IMHO
    NC? Please provide full description.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by simwells View Post
    It depends what you’re after really I am partial to the occasional in these formats but normally because I’m out with other people and I can’t get away with spending the time to enjoy a proper smoke.

Party Chico’s are definitely my favourites out of the Cohiba/Monte/Party/Quintero options that I’ve tried. They may hit the spot if you want a very short smoke for certain occasions and they’re cheap enough that there’s no real loss if you don’t like them. But as Stevie said don’t expect these to live up to being just a shorter version of a normal smoke they don’t have the body to give the same enjoyment and flavour

you meant pratagas chicos?