User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Germany

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Dusseldorf could be a good call, Easyjet fly there from Gatwick which I can get to in 35 mins. As long as its a fairly walkable city & has good internal transport links I am happy.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium.
    Posts
    6,622
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Niela View Post
    I was there on Monday and was rather disappointed. Very small selection. They did have some talisman left though. Hamburg itself is definitely worth a visit though.

    Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
    Indeed, they were short last time I was there, would suggest phoning ahead & if they have anything you fancy reserve. Certainly advise against ordering online, they have caused significant problems in the past.
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    5,822
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by ianc View Post
    Dusseldorf could be a good call, Easyjet fly there from Gatwick which I can get to in 35 mins. As long as its a fairly walkable city & has good internal transport links I am happy.
    Yes, the city centre isn’t that big and transport is pretty good. There is another LCDH which you can look up on google but it’s a little more fancy and rather small. You should definitely pay Cigarworld a visit if you go to Düsseldorf though. Or both.


    Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nr Perth, Ecosse
    Posts
    9,419
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Bolivar View Post
    Indeed, they were short last time I was there, would suggest phoning ahead & if they have anything you fancy reserve. Certainly advise against ordering online, they have caused significant problems in the past.
    Indeed.... Very frustrating to deal with. I'll never order from them again!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,097
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    The Paul Bugge store is fantastic as well but it’s nowhere near anything really (about an hour south of Stuttgart) mainly just focuses on mail order but I have got a friend to visit previously that happened to be nearby.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    5,822
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevieboy View Post
    Indeed.... Very frustrating to deal with. I'll never order from them again!
    Never again. I had to threaten them with legal action to get my money back. The guy is a bloody wanker!


    Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by gojira View Post
    Never again. I had to threaten them with legal action to get my money back. The guy is a bloody wanker!Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Wouldn't touch them with a shitty pole (the stick, not the residents of Poland). Complete shister that shouldn't be in the cigar business, let alone any business, not even an ice cream van!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    2 Not allowed!

    My experience of Germany:
    Cigarworld Dusseldorf - great lounge, the best, crap online experience
    Selected Cigars, Dusseldorf - small lounge, great owner, good online experience
    Peter Heinrichs, Koln - great bar, ok lounge with crap ventilation that hurts if more than 6 people in
    Pipehouse, Koblenz - lovely old building with lounge and very friendly and generous owners, my favorite cigar place in Germany
    LCDH Savoy, Berlin - great bar and cocktails, appalling cigar selection

    Herzog am Ludwigkirchplatz Berlin - cold german efficiency. Lovely pickled herring next door in the bar that allows smoking and much friendlier

    Herzog am Hafen, Berlin - stunning building, again cold german service

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium.
    Posts
    6,622
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


    1 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by franco View Post
    My experience of Germany:
    Cigarworld Dusseldorf - great lounge, the best, crap online experience
    Selected Cigars, Dusseldorf - small lounge, great owner, good online experience
    Peter Heinrichs, Koln - great bar, ok lounge with crap ventilation that hurts if more than 6 people in
    Pipehouse, Koblenz - lovely old building with lounge and very friendly and generous owners, my favorite cigar place in Germany
    LCDH Savoy, Berlin - great bar and cocktails, appalling cigar selection

    Herzog am Ludwigkirchplatz Berlin - cold german efficiency. Lovely pickled herring next door in the bar that allows smoking and much friendlier

    Herzog am Hafen, Berlin - stunning building, again cold german service
    Good travel tips there to be filed away.
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,352
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    I would add Dalay Zigarren in Saarbrücken. Friendly easy service, great selection (LCDH and NC and their own creations). It's right at the border with France and also has a lounge.

    Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •