Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday 14th of January

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tuesday 14th of January

1 Not allowed!

These are finally smokable, though will give them another year for good measure.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

I found the RA ER 898,smokable from the beginning to be honest but I should try another & see how they are progressing.

Went to my friend Rony's funeral this afternoon, very sad affair. Just the Priest (she was a personal friend & his only other visitor) & me.

We walked behind the hearse & when at the side enterance they opened the rear door & revealed an urn. I was expecting a service before hand. The Funeral Director said a few words in Dutch, the Priest said her part & that was it, they spread his ashes on the grass.

After they had gone, I crushed a small machine made Dutch cigarillo over his ashes, from a box he gave me several yrs ago.

On the bright side smoking didn't kill him, despite people saying for yrs he should quit. He made 79yo & had enough, the fall was just the mechanism that finished him off.

So I am smoking an unbanded Boli Lonsdale, from Tippex's collection. Undecorated but still a very decent vintage smoke. Farewell old friend.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Bolivar View Post
    I found the RA ER 898,smokable from the beginning to be honest but I should try another & see how they are progressing.

Went to my friend Rony's funeral this afternoon, very sad affair. Just the Priest (she was a personal friend & his only other visitor) & me.

We walked behind the hearse & when at the side enterance they opened the rear door & revealed an urn. I was expecting a service before hand. The Funeral Director said a few words in Dutch, the Priest said her part & that was it, they spread his ashes on the grass.

After they had gone, I crushed a small machine made Dutch cigarillo over his ashes, from a box he gave me several yrs ago.

On the bright side smoking didn't kill him, despite people saying for yrs he should quit. He made 79yo & had enough, the fall was just the mechanism that finished him off.

So I am smoking an unbanded Boli Lonsdale, from Tippex's collection. Undecorated but still a very decent vintage smoke. Farewell old friend.
    I've heard it said that we're all alone at the end Simon, at least you said goodbye.
    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Mentioned
    687 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

JSK Red Knight lancero this afternoon whilst watching more of Treadstone.

'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    I've heard it said that we're all alone at the end Simon, at least you said goodbye.
    Indeed PJ, however he did have a lovely young lady holding his hand for several hrs before & as he passed, so he knew someone was there at least. If you haven't got any family left, that's more than most of us can hope for. Personally my ashes will be scattered at sea off Devonport, something available for RN Veterans, I just can't get this scattering in a grey pile ash of the grass. Happened to my Father in law, was enough to break the stoniest of hearts.
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Having a my father 2 tonight. It has been a shitshow of a day at work so i need this.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tuesday 14th of January

0 Not allowed!

Bloody fine gentleman you are Simon, and what an experience - I tried it once too - only 3 person including the priest. I like that cigar gesture - fine of you to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hookmaker View Post
    Bloody fine gentleman you are Simon,
    Yeah man that's... yes a good gentlemanly thing to do - couldn't put it better myself.
    Cigar noob

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Not allowed!

Having a 2011 PL Encanto tonight - after reading @Simon Bolivar post, we should all appreciate and enjoy each day as it comes - cheers Simon lovely gesture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I found they had quite a lot of ammonia when they reached the second half in the beginning, which has now disappeared.

Very sad story about your friend. As I grow older my perspective on death is ever changing and I have developed a certain fear of it that I never had when I was younger. But I think I would rather have 2 people that really cared show up for my funeral than 50 that are just there because they have to.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk