User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dalmore Cigar Malt, does it live up to the hype?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I'll second the shout for Corriemhor Cigar Reserve Malt, its not too sweet and is a good cigar whisky.

If you want a sweet rich malt to go with a cigar just look for PX cask and sherry cask malts, Glendronach 12 is a good one for this.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I've tried it, its not bad but cant help feeling they slap an extra 20 on the price because it has the word cigar in it. Not a huge fan of single malt myself but there is better out there for the price, but I think rum or bourbon pairs nicer with a cigar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

At the risk of lowering the tone, I tried the Jamesons Stout Cask edition recently and, even as a single malt enthusiast, found it had a great coffee/chocolate quality that is perfect for a cigar whiskey. Easy on the pocket too.

I've not tried the Dalmore but in my experience all of the named distillery malts are great in there own way.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamsmokes View Post
    At the risk of lowering the tone, I tried the Jamesons Stout Cask edition recently and, even as a single malt enthusiast, found it had a great coffee/chocolate quality that is perfect for a cigar whiskey. Easy on the pocket too.

I've not tried the Dalmore but in my experience all of the named distillery malts are great in there own way.
    I had wondered about the Jamesons new range - might have to give the Stout Cask a go

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I'm not a whisk(e)y drinker, but - based on recommendations here - I got myself a bottle of Redbreast for Christmas; works well with a cigar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybaldy View Post
    I'm not a whisk(e)y drinker, but - based on recommendations here - I got myself a bottle of Redbreast for Christmas; works well with a cigar.
    redbreast is IMHO probably one of the best Irish whiskies around..... even better because its a sensible price (40)...... the 15yr old is only 65, it's absolutely stellar stuff!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Oh bu**er, I completely and utterly forgot I was going to write a review on the Dalmore Cigar Malt!!

Well it's all gone, and has been for a couple of weeks at least. I couldn't resist having a little dram here and there as it's very moreish. The whisky is sweet in a Christmas cake kind of way, treacle-ish almost. Very pleasant and definitely feels like a wintertime drink. Amazing nose and a very long finish but drink it neat as water kills the flavour completely. It's definitely worth getting but i'm not sure I'll buy another bottle, it's sweeter than most which I suppose I should have expected from Dalmore. Worth trying before buying.

I'm rather embarrassed to say that I didn't drink any of it with a smoke

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by senor_robusto View Post
    redbreast is IMHO probably one of the best Irish whiskies around..... even better because its a sensible price (40)...... the 15yr old is only 65, it's absolutely stellar stuff!
    I agree with you on the Redbreast - it's without doubt one of my favourite whiskies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

a 27yr old port cask edition has just been released.....
    https://www.masterofmalt.com/blog/po...h-whiskey.aspx