Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torremolinos

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Cava San Miguel usually has a good selection. It's one of the better shops in that part of the world.
    I believe the new La Flor de Cano Magicos are out. 50,000 boxes of 10 petit robustos at 80 euro a box.
    Spain gets nice shiny stuff every year as well.
    The UK is not out of the EU free trade agreement until the end of this year. You are still allowed 200 cigars each from mainland Spain (not the Canaries) for personal use before any questions are asked.

Live Spanish prices here.
    https://www.hacienda.gob.es/es-ES/Ar...osLabores.aspx
    Magicos not yet released into shops...
    "Dear heart, you're talking to a man- a real man- who drinks straight Tequilla, with lime and salt on the rim, and smokes cigars" (J Zavala)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Ohhh..... must give those LFDC's a go then!

200 cigars each..... are you sure? I thought the tobacco allowance was 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars.....

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by senor_robusto View Post
    Ohhh..... must give those LFDC's a go then!

200 cigars each..... are you sure? I thought the tobacco allowance was 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars.....
    Within Europe there’s no official limit currently but they’re meant to be for personal use so a couple hundred isn’t unreasonable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I've always thought 50 was the limit..... that's what I always stuck to! Lol!

Mentioned
    722 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I have been told that they don't ask questions until you reach around 400 for personal use. I'm sure a few members on here have come pretty close to that. In fact if you buy puritos or clubs that's very easily achievable. If you buy duty free in the DR; where of course you are limited, they supply it in clear plastic carrier bags and I've followed people through the green lane at Gatwick brazenly walking through with a 1000 cigarettes without being challenged.
    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

If you can back up why you’re buying them and don’t buy like a smuggler I’m sure you’ll be okay. If you’ve got 20 of the same box they’ll probably start asking questions yes but if you can show you collect know what you’re talking about and buy in a way that makes sense for someone who smokes I wouldn’t worry too much.

I’d probably start getting nervous if more than half of my suitcase was full with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

I'll copy the posts I mistakingly put on other threads here.... I forgot I started this thread! lol!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

(Copied from another thread 06.04.2020)
    *Well here's the thing Simon..... as you know, it's the Spanish government who set the prices..... me and my new lady were wanting to go to Barcelona for a city break in may..... so, when this thing lifts, I'll be going there! Saying that, the hotel in Torremolinos ran day trips by coach to Morocco (tangiers, 85euros), Gibraltar (25euros), Seville and the Alhambra in Granada (both 50euros each)..... so it's a great place to explore southern Spain! I'd say most hotels in this region would offer the same thing.....

https://www.melia.com/en/hotels/spai...activities.htm

check out this cigar club in tangiers:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/categ...8226756137777/

a quick google search for 'estancos in seville' brought up loads of results..... all with reviews and photos.....

if I'm not breaking any rules, I could attach the pdf of the latest Spanish prices for all cigars in their government controlled 'estancos'..... they don't post abroad anyway, and it's for the benefit of those intending to buy cigars while on holiday...... so I shouldn't be breaking any forum rules! I'll wait on a ruling on that.... lol