User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Herfing during confinement

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Not allowed!

My wife's a pharmacy dispenser at a GP's. The normally reckon they're on top of things if they carry-forward c 250 'scrips' at the end of any day. This morning she said they are never fewer than 1,500. Also, people asking for (but not getting!) six months of drugs.

My son's a Registrar in a major regional hospital. He's on Covid-19 duty as is his girlfriend, an ICU Sister. For him this means deciding who gets a bed and a ventilator. He says they're on a 'war footing' but waiting for their first cases. Says they're all apprehensive but also excited - most of them seem resigned to contracting this thing, but they see it as the most extreme test of their training and something that they will likely never have a chance to experience again in their professional lifetime. I remember hearing young aircrew say a similar thing ahead of the Iraq War - a chance to pit their training against something serious. There's a real camaraderie. Very impressed (and proud), but also concerned...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybaldy View Post
    My wife's a pharmacy dispenser at a GP's. The normally reckon they're on top of things if they carry-forward c 250 'scrips' at the end of any day. This morning she said they are never fewer than 1,500. Also, people asking for (but not getting!) six months of drugs.

My son's a Registrar in a major regional hospital. He's on Covid-19 duty as is his girlfriend, an ICU Sister. For him this means deciding who gets a bed and a ventilator. He says they're on a 'war footing' but waiting for their first cases. Says they're all apprehensive but also excited - most of them seem resigned to contracting this thing, but they see it as the most extreme test of their training and something that they will likely never have a chance to experience again in their professional lifetime. I remember hearing young aircrew say a similar thing ahead of the Iraq War - a chance to pit their training against something serious. There's a real camaraderie. Very impressed (and proud), but also concerned...
    Bravo to them... and forward thanks for everything!
    "Dear heart, you're talking to a man- a real man- who drinks straight Tequilla, with lime and salt on the rim, and smokes cigars" (J Zavala)

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

My mates missus is a doctor in London. They'll stop giving a sh!t soon
    .--
    I think I may finally have this CAD under control...