Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Great Cigar Sort Out

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ha_banos View Post
    Impressive Alex. Rarely see you posting when you smoke though which surely deserves a spank.

I'm planning a weekend sort for sure. I've a large number of singles which is the biggest pain to manage. My list must be out of date.

I use a Google sheet and try to manage as things are ordered, smoked. But it's bound to be a bit out. I try to track smoking notes, but not so good at that.

Maybe I have time now to set up CCW. Looks like I'm now on around 1000 sticks with about 300 demised over the last few years.

Do you photograph as you stock check?
    I’ve not smoked recently Banos as I only do outside, with the sun now making an appearance and the onset of WFH I’m sure you’ll see a lot more in the coming months and no spanking will be needed.

i would recommend CCW, as well as the collection feature it has a smoking diary which lets you choose from you collection and reduces the number as you smoke. It’s very handy and may help you kill two birds with one stone.

I don’t photograph as I stock check but I do normally photograph as they come in, not least to update my thread on New in The Humidor”. However this, like my stock taking, has become less consistent over the years.

When you sort your collection out and add it to CCW let me know so I can have a nosey through

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

this is a great thread... a careful and measured confession of addiction... and how we cope with it!!!

I tried to catalogue once.... failed miserably! might give it a go in these consrained times. Could be an interesting interlude.

not so sure that I want to confess my stocks to myself though...

Pretty sure I'm lower than the majority though... !!
    "Dear heart, you're talking to a man- a real man- who drinks straight Tequilla, with lime and salt on the rim, and smokes cigars" (J Zavala)

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexw33 View Post
    Iíve not smoked recently Banos as I only do outside, with the sun now making an appearance and the onset of WFH Iím sure youíll see a lot more in the coming months and no spanking will be needed.

i would recommend CCW, as well as the collection feature it has a smoking diary which lets you choose from you collection and reduces the number as you smoke. Itís very handy and may help you kill two birds with one stone.

I donít photograph as I stock check but I do normally photograph as they come in, not least to update my thread on New in The HumidorĒ. However this, like my stock taking, has become less consistent over the years.

When you sort your collection out and add it to CCW let me know so I can have a nosey through
    Metoo

Envoyť de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Emaresee View Post
    this is a great thread... a careful and measured confession of addiction... and how we cope with it!!!

I tried to catalogue once.... failed miserably! might give it a go in these consrained times. Could be an interesting interlude.

not so sure that I want to confess my stocks to myself though...

Pretty sure I'm lower than the majority though... !!
    I expected it to be quite cathartic but I found it the most stressful part of cigar smoke, maybe second actually to opening the credit card bill at the end of a month.

On the plus side I found several boxes of forgotten about and am now looking forward to smoking through.

If you do get around to it Matt and use CCW drop me a pm with your email so I can see your collection in all it’s glory!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gojira View Post
    Metoo

Envoyť de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    If this is in regards to not smoking recently Mike then ladies and gentlemen here is what denial looks like

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexw33 View Post
    If this is in regards to not smoking recently Mike then ladies and gentlemen here is what denial looks like
    Hahaha!

No, I wanna be friends with Banos on CCW as well.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

I used to have my collection in CCW but haven't bothered since the big server crash that wiped everything

Cigar Geeks for me these days. Fantastic app and website

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevieboy View Post
    I used to have my collection in CCW but haven't bothered since the big server crash that wiped everything

Cigar Geeks for me these days. Fantastic app and website
    I have started to add my cigars onto the website as a back up. Man, it's a lot of work. I'm currently at the letter M....

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gojira View Post
    I have started to add my cigars onto the website as a back up. Man, it's a lot of work. I'm currently at the letter M....
    Indeed... It takes ages. I created an individual humidor for each brand so I could tally up quickly. I did the same for EL/ERs too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

It has to be asked..... is it more of a thrill to buy and collect cigars than it is to smoke them? Lol! I used to get a real buzz out of buying boxes and watching my collection grow...... now I buy cigars as a way of grounding myself and slowing myself down when life gets hectic, which is all the time now, lol......