User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Difficult decision

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium.
    Posts
    6,488
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by 7kingsguy View Post
    I haven't noticed any loss of smell but then its not been something i specifically thought about. Spent most of the last 5 days in bed.

    I am feeling quite a bit better today. Im hoping that is going to be that, but ive heard lots of reports of people feeling better one day then taking a nose dive the next so who knows.

    My symptoms arent a perfect match so im not 100 percent sure it is corona. I haven't had much of a cough, though i did feel some tightness on my chest. Ive read a Korean doctor say that a lot of his patients did not present with a cough and that they had bad sore throats until it hit the lungs later, so who knows? Ive had pretty much every other symptom and i really dont get sick often so it does make sense.

    Fingers crossed im on the way up though and i can have the odd cigar soon.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the update, 5 days in bed sounds bad enough, I have never spent more than 2 days in bed since I had a chest op at 13yo. Sounds like you missed the persistent hacking cough & subsequent pneumonia, something to be grateful for. Take care & give it time, any virus can take longer than you expect to get fully over it.
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium.
    Posts
    6,488
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Just sent off my first Corona Suspect. Saw him within hours of my arrival onboard. The previous one my colleague sent off is still unwell after 9days (although he's still at home so hopefully not critical). Guess this is gonna be a long trip, glad I haven't been smoking. It's impossible to social distance on an oil rig, although they are taking various measures, still a long way to go but resisting obvious increased hygiene measures. With all due respect to my NHS Colleagues, who are dealing with far sicker patients, at least they don't live with them. I can wear the PPE in the Sickbay but not 24hrs a day.
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    1 Not allowed!

    Fingers crossed you’re on the mend Alan.
    Simon - got to be one of the most difficult places to manage the virus I would have thought! Is the crew running at 100% staff levels or has the firm implemented some sort of skeleton crew with others isolated to take over?

    Steve


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wallington, Surrey
    Posts
    19,335
    Mentioned
    708 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Bolivar View Post
    Just sent off my first Corona Suspect. Saw him within hours of my arrival onboard. The previous one my colleague sent off is still unwell after 9days (although he's still at home so hopefully not critical). Guess this is gonna be a long trip, glad I haven't been smoking. It's impossible to social distance on an oil rig, although they are taking various measures, still a long way to go but resisting obvious increased hygiene measures. With all due respect to my NHS Colleagues, who are dealing with far sicker patients, at least they don't live with them. I can wear the PPE in the Sickbay but not 24hrs a day.
    I told you Simon, one zombie always gets on board. Now you're all doomed


    zombie-smoking-cigar-halloween-horror-600w-1183992082.jpg
    'Cigars are a hobby, cigarettes an addiction'

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium.
    Posts
    6,488
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Fingers crossed you’re on the mend Alan.
    Simon - got to be one of the most difficult places to manage the virus I would have thought! Is the crew running at 100% staff levels or has the firm implemented some sort of skeleton crew with others isolated to take over?

    Steve


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Indeed, Hope Alan is recovering nicely. We have down manned from 191 to 132 but still sharing cabins, with one on days & one on nights (usually have 3 men in a 2 man cabin!). Although better, if one get's sick the other is likely to as well as the sick person is shedding virus over the toilet & shower area. Half the cabins also shower facilities with 2 cabins so that's three extra potential infected if one gets sick. Having a meeting tomorrow to hopefully improve procedures in the Mess
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hainault. London
    Posts
    1,313
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Im feeling much better thanks guys. Just a little soreness in throat now. Had about 3 good days in a row so hopefully over it.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium.
    Posts
    6,488
    Blog Entries
    25
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


    0 Not allowed!

    Quote Originally Posted by 7kingsguy View Post
    Im feeling much better thanks guys. Just a little soreness in throat now. Had about 3 good days in a row so hopefully over it.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Good news indeed Alan, hope the improvement continues.
    Simon Bolivar: Liberator of Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru & Venezuela.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •